PDA

View Full Version : VISA APPROVED,FIANCEE VISA

davies
15th September 2005, 07:41
HIYA,

REGARDING THE PLANE TICKET,DO WE NEED TO BUY RETURN OR JUST ONE WAY,NEED YOUR ADVICE PLEASE.

THANK YOU
DAVE

Admin
15th September 2005, 09:05
Nice CAPITALS ;)

Depends where you are? Sometimes return can be cheaper than a single.

walesrob
15th September 2005, 10:21
Originally posted by davies@Sep 15 2005, 07:41 AM
HIYA,

REGARDING THE PLANE TICKET,DO WE NEED TO BUY RETURN OR JUST ONE WAY,NEED YOUR ADVICE PLEASE.

THANK YOU
DAVE

Quoted post

When Elsa got her visa, I booked a return with BA to Hong Kong, and then got Elsa a single from Manila to Hong Kong with CX. Then we met up in Hong Kong before returning to UK, then I managed to get Elsa a seat on the same flight as me returning with BA to London.

Easier way of doing it is to get your asawa a one-way from Manila to London via Hong Kong, Singapore or any of the Gulf States. I got a one-way from Manila to Manchester with SQ (Singapore Airlines) for just £320 back in February. Hope this helps...maybe Pete has some more ideas as he's just returned with his wife Gina..

davies
15th September 2005, 12:54
Originally posted by walesrob@Sep 15 2005, 09:21 AM
When Elsa got her visa, I booked a return with BA to Hong Kong, and then got Elsa a single from Manila to Hong Kong with CX. Then we met up in Hong Kong before returning to UK, then I managed to get Elsa a seat on the same flight as me returning with BA to London.

Easier way of doing it is to get your asawa a one-way from Manila to London via Hong Kong, Singapore or any of the Gulf States. I got a one-way from Manila to Manchester with SQ (Singapore Airlines) for just £320 back in February. Hope this helps...maybe Pete has some more ideas as he's just returned with his wife Gina..

Quoted post

hi,thanks for your reply.im here in uk my fiancee still in philippines(of course) i want to buy a ticket for her,but i have no idea which one,oneway or return.i can go there and pick her up coz im so busy.

thank you very much

regards
dave

walesrob
15th September 2005, 13:24
Originally posted by davies@Sep 15 2005, 12:54 PM
hi,thanks for your reply.im here in uk my fiancee still in philippines(of course) i want to buy a ticket for her,but i have no idea which one,oneway or return.i can go there and pick her up coz im so busy.

thank you very much

regards
dave

Quoted post

Dave, I assume your fiance has done the CFO thing and gotten the stamp in the passport as well? Thats more important than anything else. Without that CFO stamp she wont be allowed boarding.

To be honest, I would go for one-way. You can book with Cathay Pacific online from your home BUT, and this is a big BUT, you will have to fulfil certain security details, as I found out (and I'm sure this will apply to other airlines). Basically if you buy a ticket for travel from Manila, and you are NOT present for the flight, you will need to verify your credit card used for booking.

It would be much easier to send the money to your fiance and let her book the flight.

Suggestions for routes:
Cathay: Manila - London via Hong Kong
Qatar: Manila - London or Manchester via Doha
Singapore: Manila - London OR Manchester via Singapore Changi
Emirates: Manila - London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester via Dubai
Gulf Air: Manila - London via Bahrain, Oman and/or Abu Dhabi (or in my case all 3!!)
PAL codeshare with Qatar

Rob

davies
15th September 2005, 16:11
Originally posted by walesrob@Sep 15 2005, 12:24 PM
Dave, I assume your fiance has done the CFO thing and gotten the stamp in the passport as well? Thats more important than anything else. Without that CFO stamp she wont be allowed boarding.

To be honest, I would go for one-way. You can book with Cathay Pacific online from your home BUT, and this is a big BUT, you will have to fulfil certain security details, as I found out (and I'm sure this will apply to other airlines). Basically if you buy a ticket for travel from Manila, and you are NOT present for the flight, you will need to verify your credit card used for booking.

It would be much easier to send the money to your fiance and let her book the flight.

Suggestions for routes:
Cathay: Manila - London via Hong Kong
Qatar: Manila - London or Manchester via Doha
Singapore: Manila - London OR Manchester via Singapore Changi
Emirates: Manila - London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester via Dubai
Gulf Air: Manila - London via Bahrain, Oman and/or Abu Dhabi (or in my case all 3!!)
PAL codeshare with Qatar

Rob

Quoted post

hi rob,

im a filipino as well,thats my query.she can phone that cfo office and ask them.i think that would be a good idea if mine.

Admin
15th September 2005, 17:43
If you book a single for her from the UK, you will meet security problems, as you sometimes are required to produce the credit card you booked the flight with, or your not allowed on the plane. Blame 9/11

It's much easier if she buys it her end. You get enough grief trying to get out of the country, best to keep it all as simple as you can.

ginapeterb
15th September 2005, 18:19
Originally posted by admin@Sep 15 2005, 04:43 PM
If you book a single for her from the UK, you will meet security problems, as you sometimes are required to produce the credit card you booked the flight with, or your not allowed on the plane. Blame 9/11

It's much easier if she buys it her end. You get enough grief trying to get out of the country, best to keep it all as simple as you can.

Quoted post

Davies, Hi, great to hear from you buddy, take Robs advice and let your fiancee book her ticket in Phils, as Rob is right, she might not be able to get on, without proof of payment, your fiancee will not be allowed to get through immigration at NAIA without

1. Filipino Passport and UK Entry Clearance stamp.
2. Commission on Filipinos Overseas Emigrant Number
3. Certificate of Counselling for United Kingdom.

Secondly, if you need your fiancee to attend for counselling on the United Kingdom, she needs to book a place at registration for the:

Good Shepherd Covent
1080 Aurora Boulevard,
Quezon City,

Nearest LTR Station : Areneta-Cubao, go down to steps to pavement, walk up to intersection, with Aurora Boulevard, take a jeepney going to the right, the Good Shepherd Convent is on the left hand side.

Registration for the UK Seminar is at 10.00am, dont be late, be early, as places are limited, and its limited to 15 persons per session, you will need the following.

P250.00 for the registratiion.
Filipino Passport with Entry Clearance Visa
2 Passport size photos
Evidence of Relationship to include Photos.

The seminar lasts for 1 hour 30 minutes, and then it is followed by a interview, then they will give you an emigrant number, and a counselling certificate.

Counselling sessions are Tuesdays and Thursdays for the United Kingdom.

You can collect your guidance and counselling certificate straight away, then you must go to the DFA with your counselling certificate and so that they will give you the DFA CFO emigrant stamp.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck Davies

davies
15th September 2005, 19:27
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Sep 15 2005, 05:19 PM
Davies, Hi, great to hear from you buddy, take Robs advice and let your fiancee book her ticket in Phils, as Rob is right, she might not be able to get on, without proof of payment, your fiancee will not be allowed to get through immigration at NAIA without

1. Filipino Passport and UK Entry Clearance stamp.
2. Commission on Filipinos Overseas Emigrant Number
3. Certificate of Counselling for United Kingdom.
Secondly, if you need your fiancee to attend for counselling on the United Kingdom, she needs to book a place at registration for the:

Good Shepherd Covent
1080 Aurora Boulevard,
Quezon City,

Nearest LTR Station : Areneta-Cubao, go down to steps to pavement, walk up to intersection, with Aurora Boulevard, take a jeepney going to the right, the Good Shepherd Convent is on the left hand side.

Registration for the UK Seminar is at 10.00am, dont be late, be early, as places are limited, and its limited to 15 persons per session, you will need the following.
P250.00 for the registratiion.
Filipino Passport with Entry Clearance Visa
2 Passport size photos
Evidence of Relationship to include Photos.

The seminar lasts for 1 hour 30 minutes, and then it is followed by a interview, then they will give you an emigrant number, and a counselling certificate.

Counselling sessions are Tuesdays and Thursdays for the United Kingdom.

You can collect your guidance and counselling certificate straight away, then you must go to the DFA with your counselling certificate and so that they will give you the DFA CFO emigrant stamp.
I hope this helps.
Best of luck Davies

Quoted post

hi guys,

it doesnt matter then eventhough im a filipino national,has ilr in uk.so i really need to send her to manila,because we live in bacolod city.i have been informed that only women coming here to the UK as workers need to attend this (cfo) seminar. Those coming here on a Spouse or Fiancee Visa need not attend?

thank you very much

regards

peter

ginapeterb
16th September 2005, 09:52
Originally posted by davies@Sep 15 2005, 06:27 PM
hi guys,

it doesnt matter then eventhough im a filipino national,has ilr in uk.so i really need to send her to manila,because we live in bacolod city.i have been informed that only women coming here to the UK as workers need to attend this (cfo) seminar. Those coming here on a Spouse or Fiancee Visa need not attend?

thank you very much

regards

peter

Quoted post

Davies,

That advice is incorrect you should beware of proffessional Applicants as we call them, their advices are generally incorrect, or you can be Mis-advised, but I suggest you call the CFO in Cebu or Manila direct, to obtain the correct information for your fiancee, I still beleive your fiancee will not be allowed to travel without a CFO emigrant sticker in her passport, and she cannot get that, without a Guidance and Counselling Certificate, and you cannot get that, withgout going to the Counselling Session, We also come from Bacolod, suggest she goes to Cebu, it seems they are better and less strict, and more freindlier than those at Manila, your fiancee can travel to Cebu if she wants to attend there for the CFO Counselling, the details are as follows:

The St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) conducts the guidance and counseling program to Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals at their premises in Metro Manila and Cebu City. The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) issues the guidance and counseling certificate to clients who have satisfactorily completed the guidance and counseling requirements at SMEF-COW.
CFO-Cebu Office

Contact details are as follows:

SMEF-COW Cebu
Tel. No.: (032) 254-1631,
(032) 253-4194

Requirements at Cebu.

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office (NSO), or Local Civil Registry Offices (LCRO); or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

Note: Only 10 counselees in Cebu are accomodated per session, on a first-come, first-served basis

Schedule of Guidance and Counseling Sessions in Cebu City

Destination Country Day Time
United States of America and Canada Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Japan Mondays and Wednesdays 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Australia and New Zealand Wednesdays and Fridays 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Other Countries Mondays 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Fridays 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm

I hope this helps, Dont try and skip your own countries rules, you would be well advised to listen to the advice, your fiancee does not want to be showing up at either Cebu or NAIA without the documents required, as their is a notice board at Immigration in Manila, specifically asking for all this before a Filipino leaves the country, you will not get past immigration officers without it,

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!

Best of luck.