PDA

View Full Version : need to know time frame

eula mackay
18th July 2007, 14:49
im eula barreto, actually eula barreto as i got married week 2 weeks ago.

i have a tourist visa but was granted a COA to get married here in the uk.

i was not aware that my tourist visa could not be transfered to spouse visa. so basically, i need to get my lazy *ss to manila and get the visa from there.

according to the guidelines, average waiting period is 3 months. a bit too long if you ask me.

im just wondering if theres any of you who is applying for settlement as well or was just granted one. cause if 3 months is really the waiting period, i might need to prepare my husband for my temporary absence in our household properly.

and i would suppose i need to have the CFO as well?

and oh, would i be eligible for fast track since i have a valid uk visa and had been coming in and out for the past 3 years?

hope someone could enlighten me. im slowly loosing my mind.

3 months is tooooooo long :bigcry:

Mrs Daddy
18th July 2007, 17:29
:doh Blimey is not that long:Erm: 3 months is quite okey than one year:icon_lol: just be patient my dear :Rasp: dont rush things up because you`ll ruin everything then.as the saying goes Slowly but Surely!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
18th July 2007, 18:48
Used to be 9 months in the 'old' days.

vbkelly
19th July 2007, 14:13
Used to be 9 months in the 'old' days.

aww! that long boss keith, and i thought we're not allow to get married in tourist visa instead of fiancee visa

KeithD
19th July 2007, 14:43
You can't. As she says, has to go back to Manilla.

joebloggs
19th July 2007, 16:10
not many have to wait 3 months now, i nearly did, but it might have been 3 months or more if i not complained... 3 month is not long, i got married, and did apply for a spouse visa until more than 2 years alter :D, :Erm: now i'm thinking i should have waited for 4 years, spending all my wages :cwm24::bigcry:

yes i think to, you need to go back to manila and apply for spouse visa.. :cwm24: and wait, and err wait ... and err wait :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eula mackay
19th July 2007, 16:51
if you are on a tourist visa, providing there are more than three months left of it, you can apply for a COA (certification of approval) from the home office. you need to convince them that the partnership is genuine. if they approve it, they will give you a certificate that would then allow you to give your intent to marry to the registrar. it does take awhile though. we applied for ours on feb 25 and got our certificate may 19. almost three months.

now i need to go back to manila and change my visa from tourist to spouse.

loads of fun. not!

LadyJ
20th July 2007, 11:39
and oh, would i be eligible for fast track since i have a valid uk visa and had been coming in and out for the past 3 years?
:bigcry:

THere is no such thing fast track or VIP pass when talking about visa.. except if you are the president of the country.

aww! that long boss keith, and i thought we're not allow to get married in tourist visa instead of fiancee visa

You can't. As she says, has to go back to Manilla.
Again... another person who was reading the thread so quick!

if you are on a tourist visa, providing there are more than three months left of it, you can apply for a COA (certification of approval) from the home office. you need to convince them that the partnership is genuine. if they approve it, they will give you a certificate that would then allow you to give your intent to marry to the registrar. it does take awhile though. we applied for ours on feb 25 and got our certificate may 19. almost three months.

now i need to go back to manila and change my visa from tourist to spouse.

loads of fun. not!

I'm sorry but still not convinced about your case, why the bloody Home Office approved someone who's holding a tourist visa?? that means they are still not strict enough?!!

Eula, when you came here in UK with your tourist visa, getting married here was your purpose? sorry if sounds a bit harsh for you, I just couldn't beleived you managed to get married here with tourist visa after the Home Office changed the law in Feb 2005...

KeithD
20th July 2007, 12:23
Again... another person who was reading the thread so quick!

i need to get my lazy *ss to manila

:Erm: Have you taken your medication today?

LadyJ
20th July 2007, 13:07
:Erm: Have you taken your medication today?

:icon_lol:

I don't know just feeling a bit moody today! and the weather is so annoying, we are half way through to winter and still can't enjoy the summer.:bigcry:

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 13:44
:icon_lol:

I don't know just feeling a bit moody today! and the weather is so annoying, we are half way through to winter and still can't enjoy the summer.:bigcry:

is it safe to come out yet ? :xxparty-smiley-004::ARsurrender:

eula mackay
20th July 2007, 16:28
LADY J:

1. there is a fast track. believe it or not. www.vfs-uk-ph.com. and surprise, surprise, you dont need to be a president to avail of the service. have a look, it wont hurt.

2. i was here on a holiday when my husband (then my boyfriend) proposed to me. left my job in dubai, came over and arranged our weeding. we were aware we can get married on my tourist visa granted the COA.

3. there were a lot of documentations needed to get our COA approved. if i would base it on the required documentations, i would say that the home office is very strict on issuing such approval. it took us almost 3months to go through the whole process.

4. i dont need you to believe i was able to get married on a tourist visa. check the website and get the facts. i did not make up the process, it actually exists.

5. i think the home office is strict enough as even though i was permitted to get married here, i will not be able to transfer my tourist visa to spouse visa.

KeithD
20th July 2007, 16:52
came over and arranged our weeding

Is he good at gardening then? :D

eula mackay
20th July 2007, 16:55
Is he good at gardening then? :D

unfortunately not.

atleast my mistake made me smile :D

5olidsnake
20th July 2007, 19:15
Certificate of approval

Form COA (version 04/2007) (80 Kb) (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/formcoaapr07.pdf)

COA guidance (version 04/2007) (55 Kb) (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/coaguidanceapr07.pdf)

This application form and guidance for completing this application form are likely to be updated shortly. You should read the latest guidance in relation to the certificate of approval scheme before applying for one so that you are aware of the most up to date information which may be relevant to your application.

If you are downloading the new form, please make sure that you also download the separate guidance notes.

Use form COA to apply for a certificate of approval for marriage or civil partnership if you wish to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK. The certificate will allow foreign nationals with limited leave to remain in the UK to notify a registrar that they intend to marry in the UK.

If your application for a COA is granted, this does not give you leave to remain in the UK.

For more information please see Important information regarding Certificate of Approval (COA) (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/generalcaseworking/coaformarriageorcivilpartnership) for marriage or civil partnership applications.

Applying for an extension of stay in the UK

The following forms should be used to apply for an extension of stay in the UK. If you require form FLR(IED), this is available from the working in the UK (http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/documents/all_forms.html) website. Please ensure you download and read the appropriate guidance notes before you make your application.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1106654124706

russ01539
20th July 2007, 20:39
i might need to prepare my husband for my temporary absence in our household properly.

i assume your husband managed to survive before you met him so dont worry about him, he'll manage for 3 months on beans on toast, and you never know he might even lose some weight.

eula mackay
20th July 2007, 22:50
i assume your husband managed to survive before you met him so dont worry about him, he'll manage for 3 months on beans on toast, and you never know he might even lose some weight.

loose weight. sounds good to me! lol.

gracia143
21st July 2007, 06:19
LADY J:

1. there is a fast track. believe it or not. www.vfs-uk-ph.com. and surprise, surprise, you dont need to be a president to avail of the service. have a look, it wont hurt.

2. i was here on a holiday when my husband (then my boyfriend) proposed to me. left my job in dubai, came over and arranged our weeding. we were aware we can get married on my tourist visa granted the COA.

3. there were a lot of documentations needed to get our COA approved. if i would base it on the required documentations, i would say that the home office is very strict on issuing such approval. it took us almost 3months to go through the whole process.

4. i dont need you to believe i was able to get married on a tourist visa. check the website and get the facts. i did not make up the process, it actually exists.

5. i think the home office is strict enough as even though i was permitted to get married here, i will not be able to transfer my tourist visa to spouse visa.

Don't get us all wrong, most of us just didn't know it could happen but now adn again there are always exemptions to the rules or maybe luck could happen. Laws in the UK changes in just the wink of an eye, as a Lawyer my fiance neede to read loads of rubbish from his Organisation to be able to keep track of what Law has been altered and what has been added. Anyways, you were lucky about that and I know that you have coupled it with hard work too. And yes Fast Track does exist but you are allowed to use that service if the visa you had previously is in the same category as the current application. All is well that ends well, get on with the application and let us all invade UK hehe. Mabuhay Filipinos!!!

eula mackay
21st July 2007, 10:22
Don't get us all wrong, most of us just didn't know it could happen but now adn again there are always exemptions to the rules or maybe luck could happen. Laws in the UK changes in just the wink of an eye, as a Lawyer my fiance neede to read loads of rubbish from his Organisation to be able to keep track of what Law has been altered and what has been added. Anyways, you were lucky about that and I know that you have coupled it with hard work too. And yes Fast Track does exist but you are allowed to use that service if the visa you had previously is in the same category as the current application. All is well that ends well, get on with the application and let us all invade UK hehe. Mabuhay Filipinos!!!

the one of the few constant things in this world is change. and it does happen with the law quite often!

there are always ways in reacting though. its not about what you say at the end of the day. its about how you say it.

thanks about the fast track thing though. i read about it as well but was just trying to make sure i understood it correctly :D

have a nice weekend!

skye
27th August 2007, 17:22
Hi everyone and hi Eula,

I just got back from visiting my fiancee in the UK on a visit visa and yes, you can indeed get a COA from home office if you want to marry in the UK if you can provide them with all the documentation and you still have a specific amount of time left on your visa. I didn't know it either at first but in the end it's still the same thing bec you have to come back to Manila to chang to a spouse visa.

I was reading up on the new fast track system and I was a bit confused about it. There are several conditions for eligiblity. One is for persons who have...

"... extant conditions which will still be valid on their return to the UK, who can show they have been in the UK within the past 3 months and is returning to the UK to complete this previous stay."

I have been in and out of the UK visiting my fiancee as well and my visit visa will not expire until jan 2009. Does this mean that I am eligible for fast track? In this category (number 11 i think), it doesn't say anything that you have to be applying for the same category. SO does that apply for us with valid visit visas switching to fiancee and in Eula's case spouse?

We have already been living together in the UK and have provisionally booked our wedding for the 26th of october so any fast tracking would truly help. Does anyone know any more information about this new fast track system?

Any help would be appreciated!

Warm Regards,

SKye