PDA

View Full Version : UK Employment Visa Application here in UAE

along
18th July 2007, 12:39
Hello to all.
I am Filipino currently a resident here in UAE under the sponsorship of my employer (working as an engineer). I received my Work Permit for an engineer from my UK employer. I need to submit my Permit, passport and other supporting documents in the Embassy for Visa stamping here in UAE. Is it ok for me to apply for the visa while I am still engaged with my current employer?
I would appreciate your advice, I just want to make sure I get my visa then only I can render my resignation. Please help.
Thanks.

LadyJ
20th July 2007, 10:20
I have no idea about your case but I think you should seek professional advise there or ask your friends, search for UAE Forum in the website or just ask your current employer..

Mrs Daddy
20th July 2007, 10:34
Definitely because most of the people here are expert about spouse and fiancee visa.but as what Lady you should seek professional advise there or ask your friends.Goodluck!!!

claire
20th July 2007, 10:45
about that , for me u better quit now your present job, and focus on processing of yor papers, and resign there where you are worked now... at least u have peace of mind after u do that, rather than always thinking of it..... and try also to seek advice to a professional adviser..... God bless.
mai

LadyJ
20th July 2007, 11:00
Not a good idea claire!

He's staying in the UAE because of his current employer, I think if he quit his job without finding a new employer or sponsor in the UAE he'll lost his right to stay there.

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 11:10
what visa are you applying for ?? , i think your workpermit is only valid for that employer.

LadyJ
20th July 2007, 11:18
what visa are you applying for ?? , i think your workpermit is only valid for that employer.

Are you in a hurry Joe?:Erm:

The bloke said, he already received the new work permit from UK employer and just going to send it to the British Embassy for stamping...

andypaul
20th July 2007, 12:32
Hello to all.
I am Filipino currently a resident here in UAE under the sponsorship of my employer (working as an engineer). I received my Work Permit for an engineer from my UK employer. I need to submit my Permit, passport and other supporting documents in the Embassy for Visa stamping here in UAE. Is it ok for me to apply for the visa while I am still engaged with my current employer?
I would appreciate your advice, I just want to make sure I get my visa then only I can render my resignation. Please help.
Thanks.

This is only a personal view but i cant see why not. But like others have say do look up in case rules in UAE are different.

It maybe worth emailing the UK embassy in UAE direct as they will be able to give you a reply as they should have previous experince of this matter.

It would also be worth finding out how long the process takes as in many countries you need to keep your id or a copy of it on you (for example phill).

I noticed on the uk embassy UAE they claim a fast turnover with visa applications so hopefully its pretty painless.

good luck with the visa stamping.

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 13:47
Are you in a hurry Joe?:Erm:

The bloke said, he already received the new work permit from UK employer and just going to send it to the British Embassy for stamping...

yes i'm at work :omg: :Bolt:
so whats he asking about then !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Bolt:

along
22nd July 2007, 05:00
thanks to everyone who offered their time for my queries. I felt delighted by all your suggestions and ideas. But to LadyJ you hit one hole, I can't just resign and have my residency calcelled otherwise I need to go back to Phils and do the lenghty process. Here in UAE they can resolve applications in a day.

I have all the documents ready, and I am about to submit them in the next 7 days. Please pray for me c")

I would love to be in-touch to all of u when i landed UK.

LadyJ
22nd July 2007, 11:56
Goodluck!! any problem about settling in UK just give us a buzz.