PDA

View Full Version : Chinese ships patrol disputed waterway

lastlid
4th July 2012, 20:23
"A combat-ready Chinese patrol reached reefs and islands in the center of the Spratly archipelago on Tuesday and immediately began to assert China’s sovereignty over the disputed area in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).
China sent the patrol to provide muscle to its demand in late June that Vietnam correct a new law that put the Paracel Islands and Spratly Islands under Vietnamese sovereignty.
The dispute between China and Vietnam over the new maritime law, which had been in the works for years, is the latest example of Beijing’s determination to tell its Asian neighbors that the strategic waterway is China’s preserve.
The Chinese patrol arrived two days before the Philippine government was to decide when to send back maritime vessels to Scarborough Shoal, a resource-rich reef north of the Spratlys that both countries claim."

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/43037/chinese-ships-patrol-disputed-waterway

CBM
4th July 2012, 21:15
As noted earlier I can bore for Britain on this subject - at the back of all the sturm und drang on the Chinese side is the forthcoming Party Congress, which has been ripped open by the antics of Bo Xilai and Lady Macbeth. Neither Wen nor Hu have been able to assert as much control over the PLA as Deng (a military man himself) or even Jiang
was able to, and the PLA are feeling their oats - espescially the PLA Navy, which contains some real dinosaurs.

Lets hope the Americans stand firm - I think if Obama is re-elected, they will - I don't know about Romney.

lastlid
4th July 2012, 21:16
As noted earlier I can bore for Britain on this subject - at the back of all the sturm und drang on the Chinese side is the forthcoming Party Congress, which has been ripped open by the antics of Bo Xilai and Lady Macbeth. Neither Wen nor Hu have been able to assert as much control over the PLA as Deng (a military man himself) or even Jiang
was able to, and the PLA are feeling their oats - espescially the PLA Navy, which contains some real dinosaurs.

Lets hope the Americans stand firm - I think if Obama is re-elected, they will - I don't know about Romney.

I would certainly concur with that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
4th July 2012, 21:21
Its a funny thing but this carry on has cropped up today on two counts.

1] Discussions with pension adviser on where and where not to invest pension money.

2] Discussion with trainees on the remaining unexplored areas on the planet for oil and gas.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
4th July 2012, 22:11
The USS George Washington isn't far away

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3tho9Z2k5tFyna13GRBYDB8H5pncZuSqkb5avfS4_DUrNzgYSAQ

some power needs to be projected at the Chinese