PDA

View Full Version : Police Are Expecting More Riots

lastlid
2nd July 2012, 09:38
"Police expect a repeat of last summer's riots and are concerned about how budget cuts will affect their ability to deal with the unrest, according to a study into the disorder.
The majority of officers caught up in August's unrest believe similar rioting is likely, with many citing worsening social and economic conditions as the potential cause, the survey found. They also fear their forces do not have the resources to cope with unrest on a similar scale.
A total of 130 officers from eight forces were interviewed as part of The Reading the Riots research conducted by the London School of Economics and The Guardian. Most gave anonymous accounts of the riots which spread across London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Salford last summer."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-expecting-repeat-riots-011213660.html

malchard888
2nd July 2012, 09:47
It surprises me as for once the custodial sentences handed down after last summer and the fact that the Police have long memories and may still be rounding up those involved would surely act as a deterrent to those thinking of trying it on again or am i wrong !

imagine
2nd July 2012, 10:03
"Police expect a repeat of last summer's riots and are concerned about how budget cuts ,

how much is a bullet :Erm:

Dedworth
2nd July 2012, 10:52
"Police expect a repeat of last summer's riots and are concerned about how budget cuts ,

how much is a bullet :Erm:

:iagree:

somebody
2nd July 2012, 16:42
It surprises me as for once the custodial sentences handed down after last summer and the fact that the Police have long memories and may still be rounding up those involved would surely act as a deterrent to those thinking of trying it on again or am i wrong !

I think part is scare tactics to stop funding to the Police service, but alot of it is just the truth there are so many young people and not so young who are totally disenfranchised with society we can all say like many people did up and down the country during the Riots. Sort your life out get on your bike but i could imagine while some simply can't be bothered,a lot are just lost in despair.

I think the rain is possibly helping stop any major issues so far but now that we have had an example of the police losing control and for the most part those involved not getting any grief. Its always a possibility it can kick off again remember when your young and you did some foolish or fool hardy things (nothing like breaking the law i am sure but taking risks i mean) well that's how the youth will look at it.