PDA

View Full Version : 38 Day Visa how to apply?

songz777
1st July 2012, 13:31
Hi guys,
I am planning next years wedding :) I am thinking of applying for 38 days visa as i think 21 days will not be enough tiem to get married and have some quality time with my to be wife.

Can I apply on line for a visa and have it posted to me etc?
Or do I have to apply in Manila when I arrive?

My concern is if I have to apply on that day, I will be a bit stressed what if they refuse, and I have pre=booked my flight home based on 38 days.

many thanks

John

Terpe
1st July 2012, 18:00
John,

Here's the information and application form from the Philippine Embassy in UK. (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform2a_new.pdf)

There are some notes attached explaining how to apply by post if you cannot attend in person

A Single entry visa valid for 3 months from date of issue costs £22.00

Alternatively, you could purchase a visa extension at the airport upon arrival in Philippines. There is an office to do this in the immigration area but before you pass the immigration officer. Many have done this before and not reported any problems.

andy222
1st July 2012, 19:18
Thats great Terpe I didnt know you could get a visa for 1 year?:doh

songz777
1st July 2012, 21:58
John,

Here's the information and application form from the Philippine Embassy in UK. (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform2a_new.pdf)

There are some notes attached explaining how to apply by post if you cannot attend in person

A Single entry visa valid for 3 months from date of issue costs £22.00

Alternatively, you could purchase a visa extension at the airport upon arrival in Philippines. There is an office to do this in the immigration area but before you pass the immigration officer. Many have done this before and not reported any problems.

Thankyou very much that really helps :)

Rory
1st July 2012, 23:33
I spoke to a German guy at the airport last year and he not a 1 year visa just by applying for one at the embassy, very easy he told me. He was married to a philippine woman and it cost him about 30 euro. He can enter the Philippines with out his wife being with him and it was all done in the post with no visit to the Embassy required.
Now i know this was for a German guy that lives in Germany but i would have thought this rule would apply to any national.

songz777
2nd July 2012, 17:55
I spoke to a German guy at the airport last year and he not a 1 year visa just by applying for one at the embassy, very easy he told me. He was married to a philippine woman and it cost him about 30 euro. He can enter the Philippines with out his wife being with him and it was all done in the post with no visit to the Embassy required.
Now i know this was for a German guy that lives in Germany but i would have thought this rule would apply to any national.
[/I]

Yes Rory, I have printed PDF file of the reuquirements, I can apply by post and have the visa sent to me, the only down side is that i have to get a Solicitor or notary public to sign it which may cost alot! Has any one applied by post Before?

Many thanks John

Terpe
3rd July 2012, 09:28
[/I]

Yes Rory, I have printed PDF file of the reuquirements, I can apply by post and have the visa sent to me, the only down side is that i have to get a Solicitor or notary public to sign it which may cost alot! Has any one applied by post Before?

Many thanks John

It shouldn't cost too much to have your application notarised. It's just verification of your signature.

songz777
3rd July 2012, 13:40
It shouldn't cost too much to have your application notarised. It's just verification of your signature.

Thanks Terpe :)

Bluebirdjones
3rd July 2012, 13:48
notarised..... just hawk the form around the solicitors in your local High Street. At least one of them will happily relieve you of your crisp £20 note to do the deed.

songz777
3rd July 2012, 15:12
notarised..... just hawk the form around the solicitors in your local High Street. At least one of them will happily relieve you of your crisp £20 note to do the deed.

Thank you very much for all your advise :)

Terpe
3rd July 2012, 15:17
John, you have plenty of time available as yet. It's quite possible that this much awaited (and long promised) 30 day visa waiver programme may be in force then.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
3rd July 2012, 19:28
John, you have plenty of time available as yet. It's quite possible that this much awaited (and long promised) 30 day visa waiver programme may be in force then.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh thats cool Terpe, well in that case I will wait until say May 2013 and think about applying then :) many thanks Terpe.

Terpe
3rd July 2012, 21:35
Oh thats cool Terpe, well in that case I will wait until say May 2013 and think about applying then :) many thanks Terpe.

Keep in touch with the forum to get the latest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
10th July 2012, 13:12
john -no such thing as 38 day visa -visa is for 59 days -which includes the 21 days u would get if get visa waiver on arrival ,the 1 year -is only after u are married -which is called balikbayan visa. 59 days -should be sufficient ,then if u need to extend more can do in cagayan de oro also

Terpe
10th July 2012, 14:29
............the 1 year -is only after u are married -which is called balikbayan visa....

Multiple entry visa valid for one (1) year from date of issue- £65.00
Available from the Philippine Embassy.

Balikbayan is not a visa. It's a stamp for a free 1 year stay (renewable) when entering Phils with your Philippine citizen spouse.

irishman12
11th July 2012, 01:20
Multiple entry visa valid for one (1) year from date of issue- £65.00
Available from the Philippine Embassy. -thats doesnt mean u can stay in philippines for one year -it means you can enter as many times as u want within one year ,ok so its not balikbayan visa but u can stay for one year.