PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone offer advice on buying a refigerator in the Philippines?

CBM
1st July 2012, 11:55
I need to buy SWIMPAL a fridge - need not be anything big or posh - only got to cope with 2-3 people - but would welcome experiences with makes and suppliers... and what prices should be like..

Thanks..

Steve.r
1st July 2012, 16:43
This is ours, this was still in the shop, it is an LG, big enough for our family. Can't remember quite how much, but probably a little cheaper than the UK, but not much cheaper.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/Discusboy123/IMG_1131.jpg

CBM
1st July 2012, 17:35
Thanks; just the job!

Steve.r
1st July 2012, 18:03
There are many stores that sell 'Ref's' but if I were you, send your wife in to do the deal, she will get a discount and you wont. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

CBM
1st July 2012, 18:17
Absolutely right, of course. Actually, I am really having to think about when I last bought anything in the Philippines, as opposed to Kay negotiating the whole transaction.

andy222
1st July 2012, 18:25
There are many stores that sell 'Ref's' but if I were you, send your wife in to do the deal, she will get a discount and you wont. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Totally agree Steve. Send the Mrs in and you stay out of sight. If they see you they will think all there birthdays have come at once.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
1st July 2012, 18:27
Totally agree Steve. Send the Mrs in and you stay out of sight. If they see you they will think all there birthdays have come at once.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

whiteman tax :angry:

andy222
1st July 2012, 18:31
Too right Joe. Been there done it.:D

Rory
1st July 2012, 19:26
I just went into one of the big stores in SM Mall in Cebu, the prices are reasonable and are set. They have offers on a lot of items most of the time, i bought a fridge for 11,000 peso and i got a Coffee making machine and Fan with it. The coffee making machine is still in the cupboard in our apartment but the free standing fan is used all the time.

somebody
4th July 2012, 21:16
Don't let the Kids in the family use the Freezer as a mini arttic scene Kuya Andy look its snow po :doh or let the lovely Maids who sometimes are not to Au fait with Fridges and freezers don't let them put the freshly cooked Lechon or what not straight in to the Fridge or freezers straight from cooking:doh

On buying LG seems to always be a good bet and don't let them see the Mr Joe before haggling is all done and dusted!!!!