PDA

View Full Version : Fears for lives of Brits held in Bali on drug charges

Dedworth
30th June 2012, 20:52
Fears for the lives of four Britons being held on cocaine smuggling charges on the island of Bali have grown after the Indonesian government announced it would execute three foreign drug traffickers "early next month".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/9354357/Fears-for-lives-of-Brits-held-in-Bali-on-drug-charges.html

Encouraging news but I see three Filipinos have recently escaped the noose in Malaysia

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2012/05/30/malaysia-pardons-3-filipinos-death-row-224218

bigmarco
30th June 2012, 22:18
Well its their rules in their country.

CBM
1st July 2012, 00:12
Am I the only person who, reading reports like this, thinks, "How can anyone be that stupid" and at the same time, "Must remember to keep my bags with me". The scary thought is that your checked baggage could be used to smuggle drugs, unknown to you.

gWaPito
1st July 2012, 01:41
Am I the only person who, reading reports like this, thinks, "How can anyone be that stupid" and at the same time, "Must remember to keep my bags with me". The scary thought is that your checked baggage could be used to smuggle drugs, unknown to you.

What's even scarier...its been reported many times in the past that some unscrupulous wives have got rid of there husbands by doing just that, planting drugs on them. :NoNo:

Rory
1st July 2012, 03:55
What's even scarier...its been reported many times in the past that some unscrupulous wives have got rid of there husbands by doing just that, planting drugs on them. :NoNo:

If only i had thought of that instead of getting a divorce with my first wife. :doh :icon_lol:

mickcant
1st July 2012, 08:35

Dangerous things Wife's:icon_lol::NoNo::doh
Mick.:)

Iani
1st July 2012, 09:21
A wise man once said "never trust something that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die".

Another wise man said "if it's got t*ts or tyres, it's going to be trouble" ;)

CBM
1st July 2012, 11:45
A wise man once said "never trust something that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die".

Another wise man said "if it's got t*ts or tyres, it's going to be trouble" ;)

And just to lower the tone completely there is:

"If it flies, floats or f....., it's cheaper by the hour!"

Wandering back towards the topic, forty years ago a Cathay Pacific 707 was brought down over Vietnam on a flight from Bangkok to HK by a bomb. A Thai policeman had insured his mistress's life, offered her the holiday of a lifetime,explained to her that he found that he was too busy to come with them but would join them a couple of days later, and bought her and their son tickets to Hong Kong... with a bomb in her handbag....

The policeman was found and identified, but, Thailand being Thailand, he was never arrested and charged for the murder of all on board.

Which is why Cathay, like El Al, had their own scanners at airports long before "9/11".

lastlid
1st July 2012, 16:34
Before my wife flew to the UK from the Philippines, her mum sewed the side zip pocket in her hand luggage bag shut.....don't know if that was an over reaction or good sense?

CBM
1st July 2012, 17:50
I think that was quite a good idea. My ex-wife always puts little padlocks on the zips - same thought.

lastlid
1st July 2012, 18:39
And just to lower the tone completely there is:

"If it flies, floats or f....., it's cheaper by the hour!"

Wandering back towards the topic, forty years ago a Cathay Pacific 707 was brought down over Vietnam on a flight from Bangkok to HK by a bomb. A Thai policeman had insured his mistress's life, offered her the holiday of a lifetime,explained to her that he found that he was too busy to come with them but would join them a couple of days later, and bought her and their son tickets to Hong Kong... with a bomb in her handbag....

The policeman was found and identified, but, Thailand being Thailand, he was never arrested and charged for the murder of all on board.

Which is why Cathay, like El Al, had their own scanners at airports long before "9/11".

El Al. The most secure airline in the world....