PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan

andy222
30th June 2012, 18:31
My daughter is on a two week leave from the army serving in afghanistan. She told me something I didnt know. The injured taliban are treated in the same unit as our boys. She said in one bed there would be one of our guys with his legs blown off and in the next bed (with no seperation) would be a taliban with his hand blown off through planting a IED. :doh
We dont hear half of what goes on out there.

Terpe
30th June 2012, 19:31
I had no idea your daughter was out in Afghanistan Andy.
Apart from being constantly aware of that fact, you must be so very proud of her.
God Bless her and all there.

That story you have related is just awful in my mind, and imo is totally wrong. I can't understand the logic of it.

Steve.r
30th June 2012, 22:34
A very proud Father and a very special daughter. Tell her to enjoy her leave.. time to chill. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
30th June 2012, 23:57
Yes Andy I hope she enjoys her well earned leave. I'm glad that today Armed Forces Day this country salutes all the brave men and women who enable us all to sleep a little safer in our beds. May she and all her colleagues stay safe on her return. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st July 2012, 00:01
I'd be worried sick Andy.

Best wishes to you and your brave daughter.

It was on the telly a while back about the 'enemy' receiving equal treatment to our own and often in the same location.

Mustn't violate their human rights, and of course must demonstrate how wonderfully fair we are to people who've just in a very sneaky and underhand way tried to kill us. :rolleyes:

andy222
1st July 2012, 06:02
Thanks lads. I have mixed feelings about her being there. Proud but worried too as you can imagine. She has another 3 month stint over there then back home.:xxgrinning--00xx3: