PDA

View Full Version : Family holiday soon

rusty
30th June 2012, 10:50
In 2 weeks time we will be travelling to the Philippines for a 3 week family holiday. :Jump::Jump::philippines:

This will be the first visit that we will not have run around different places having to apply for passports, visas, etc.

The only planned event is the wedding of my sister-in-law followed by the baptism of her son, for which they have asked me to be godparent. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th June 2012, 10:58
Sounds great rusty :Jump:

Hope all goes smooth and a wonderful time enjoyed by all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bon Voyage :)

stevewool
30th June 2012, 10:59
we have no plans to visit the phils till next year maybe july or xmas but who know what may happen until then, have a great holiday:)

grahamw48
30th June 2012, 11:01
Have a great trip and enjoy the relaxation this time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
30th June 2012, 11:26
:xxgrinning--00xx3: rusty have a great time :Jump:

deeen
30th June 2012, 11:42
Nice! What places will you visit?

rusty
30th June 2012, 17:28
Thanks for all the good wishes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice! What places will you visit?

We will spend a couple of nights in Manila before we fly to Dipolog, where will be staying in Dapitan.

rusty
2nd July 2012, 22:31
:xxgrinning--00xx3: rusty have a great time :Jump:

Thanks joe, we have now put in the request for leave from school for my step-son and it was approved ok. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd July 2012, 22:35
Thanks joe, we have now put in the request for leave from school for my step-son and it was approved ok. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: little joe headmistress approved his 12 days off

but my older daughter the secondary school refused it, they sent a letter saying they wouldn't approve it, but too late we had already gone, there was a threat of a fine in the letter, but nothing happened :D

again have a great time with your family Rusty you deserve it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd July 2012, 22:43
When we went for 3 years I think it was a different form. :icon_lol:

Anyway, they fitted straight back in to the same schools when we returned . :)

Benefited their educational achievement if anything.

deeen
2nd July 2012, 22:44
The first friend I met from the Philippines was from Dipolog, sounds very relaxing, have fun!

joebloggs
2nd July 2012, 22:53
When we went for 3 years I think it was a different form. :icon_lol:

Anyway, they fitted straight back in to the same schools when we returned . :)

Benefited their educational achievement if anything.

i was thinking of telling the schools that they might not come back, i told them little joe had never seen any of his cousins, uncles etc, and our 12yr old had not seen them or been to the phils since she was 4yrs old.

i didn't give a :censored: what the schools thought or did. :NoNo:

grahamw48
2nd July 2012, 23:36
Well, my stepson was 9 when he arrived at his first school in England and my stepdaughter was 7.
Both spoke very little English.

The boy finished with 3 A levels and the girl with 5 (+12 'O's).

Filipinos are very bright and adaptable people. :)

Arthur Little
3rd July 2012, 00:19
In 2 weeks time we will be travelling to the Philippines for a 3 week family holiday. :Jump::Jump::philippines:

Bon Voyage, Rusty & family :airline: ... have a marvellous holiday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This will be the first visit that we will not have run around different places having to apply for passports, visas, etc.

:yeahthat:'ll make a world of difference - literally!

The only planned event is the wedding of my sister-in-law followed by the baptism of her son, for which they have asked me to be godparent. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: ... wow ... a :wedtoss: AND baptism (with you as Ninong) eh?? Enjoy!! :)

rusty
3rd July 2012, 07:55
Bon Voyage, Rusty & family :airline: ... have a marvellous holiday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat:'ll make a world of difference - literally!

:cwm24: ... wow ... a :wedtoss: AND baptism (with you as Ninong) eh?? Enjoy!! :)

Thanks Arthur, as eloquent as ever. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
3rd July 2012, 08:00
He is only missing the last week of school, one day would have been sports day and the last day he would not have been at school anyway, they have a teacher training day or whatever excuse they call it to have an extra day off :doh

joebloggs
3rd July 2012, 08:10
yes rusty, they said how important her education is for her and not to miss misses 12 days of school and spend it with the family shes not seen for more than 7yrs :crazy:

teacher training days i think she had 4 of them or more, why not in holiday time, the kids are off 13wks of the year :angry:

grahamw48
3rd July 2012, 10:32
He is only missing the last week of school, one day would have been sports day and the last day he would not have been at school anyway, they have a teacher training day or whatever excuse they call it to have an extra day off :doh

Pa! They do *** all the last week anyway, and as for those 'teacher training days'. :NoNo:

If the damned governments would stop the constant meddling and let the teachers get on with the job. :rolleyes:

rusty
15th July 2012, 12:16
We are here now in Manila drinking a cold SMB on the rooftop bar of our hotel.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We went with KLM and china southern and the flights were good with only a short delay on our flight into manila.

joebloggs
15th July 2012, 12:20
We are here now in Manila drinking a cold SMB on the rooftop bar of our hotel.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We went with KLM and china southern and the flights were good with only a short delay on our flight into manila.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
for a minute i thought you was going to tell us your back in the UK rusty :omg:

have a great time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
15th July 2012, 12:25
3 weeks before we go back to the cold damp UK.

Hot and sunny when we arrived earlier but now its hot and rainy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th July 2012, 12:25

What a great start to the hols :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a wonderful family holiday rusty :Jump:

grahamw48
15th July 2012, 12:55
Have a great time all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2012, 14:09

We went with KLM and china southern and the flights were good with only a short delay on our flight into manila.Now I'm envious:Rasp:

Have a good time. :xxgrinning--00xx3: