PDA

View Full Version : July 9th 2012

lastlid
29th June 2012, 19:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLmuCD4tgQ

July 9th - Unlucky for some. And the last day for the submission of visa applications under the old rules....

lastlid
29th June 2012, 20:13
And in the Daily Mail

'Internet blackout' set for 9 July: FBI to 'pull plug' on 350,000 virus-infected machines - cutting off Web for users in U.S. and UK
Machines infected with virus being 'kept alive' by FBI
Operation costing so much FBI will 'pull plug' on 9 July
350,000 PCs infected, mostly private individuals
80,000 victims in U.S., 20,000 in UK

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150236/Google-launches-campaign-warn-THOUSANDS-victims-infected-computers-kicked-internet-weeks.html#ixzz1zD9okT14

Terpe
29th June 2012, 21:36
No difference to UKBA.
In practice the last day of "old rules" is Friday 6th July

Gretta
29th June 2012, 22:19
Hi sir Terpe, I just want to ask if the new rule on July 9 will also affect the EEA residence card application? I'm here in the UK in the fiancé visa route and we're going to have our wedding with my Irish fiancé this July and after that, I will be applying for the EEA Residence Card. Hope to hear from you. Many thanks.

Terpe
30th June 2012, 07:47
Hi sir Terpe, I just want to ask if the new rule on July 9 will also affect the EEA residence card application? I'm here in the UK in the fiancé visa route and we're going to have our wedding with my Irish fiancé this July and after that, I will be applying for the EEA Residence Card. Hope to hear from you. Many thanks.

Gretta, the changes will not impact you.

Gretta
30th June 2012, 09:23
Oh thanks Sir Terpe. I will apply for EEA Residence Card soon after our wedding.

Terpe
30th June 2012, 11:21
Oh thanks Sir Terpe. I will apply for EEA Residence Card soon after our wedding.

When is your wedding?

Before you apply you will need to check with UKBA that the situation remains the same.
The EEA route for dual British/Irish has always been fragile and totally subject to Home Office discretion.

Lets hope all goes smoothly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gretta
30th June 2012, 20:24
Hi Sir Terpe our wedding is on the 10th of July. We will call the UKBA this coming week. What number is the UKBA? Thanks

lastlid
7th July 2012, 08:23
"It sounds like one of those annoying chain emails that show up from technically challenged acquaintances: "The FBI Will Take Your Computer Offline July 9 If It Has A Virus! Visit This Site Immediately To Check!! Forward This To Everyone You Know!!!"

But the Federal Bureau of Investigation really has posted a warning on its site about the risk of "DNSChanger" malware, which really will result in your computer getting disconnected from the Web on July 9 if you don't clean it up. You won't be able to go online, and you'll need to contact your service service provider for help getting the malware deleted before you can reconnect to the Internet.

The Infection Check

To see you're infected, you just need to be able to read one line of text or know the difference between green and red. Visit www.dns-ok.us; if you see a green background to the image on that page and the words "DNS Resolution = GREEN," you're safe. (Your Internet provider may also offer a similar service. Comcast subscribers, for example, can check their computers at amibotted.comcast.net.)"

http://news.discovery.com/tech/dns-changer-fbi-warning-july-9-doomsday-120426.html

joie
7th July 2012, 13:51
hello ms gretta, can i ask you when did u submit your requiremnts to the british embassy in manila and how long did it take for you to get a visa? coz i already applied for the same visa last july 3, coz were rushing not to be in the new rules this july 9... hope you can reply,, thnks

joie
7th July 2012, 13:56
hello mr. terpe, i found this forum coz im looking what is all about in the new rules for the fiancee visa application starting july 9, i applied for my fiancee visa here in manila last july 3 to get rid of this new rules.. hope u can give me some ideas about this and do i consider my application can be based in the new UK rules when i got there?

Terpe
7th July 2012, 14:18
hello mr. terpe, i found this forum coz im looking what is all about in the new rules for the fiancee visa application starting july 9, i applied for my fiancee visa here in manila last july 3 to get rid of this new rules.. hope u can give me some ideas about this and do i consider my application can be based in the new UK rules when i got there?

:Hellooo: Hi there joie, welcome here to the forum.

All applications made before July 9th will be counted under the "old" existing rules.
Means also that your immigration journey will be based on a 2 year route to ILR

Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
9th July 2012, 17:43
Well, July 9th is here and all is well. Internet Armageddon hasnt happened...:D