PDA

View Full Version : RE ILR VISA, help/advice needed.

tommyw
16th July 2007, 16:19
Hi,
Ive searched through lots of threads but cant find what I'm looking for.
My wife has a spouse visa which runs out Sept. 08.
We are thinking of living in Phils for a while as I am selling this flat soon (hopefully) theres a lot of options that we have, but going to the Phils is the most attractive so far.
Lyn is pregnant just now and we will need to wait until at least Feb 08 to travel I think.
Do you think this will harm Lyn's chances of ILR visa?
Many thanks, Tommy and Lyn.

ps, any one out there from Oriental Mindoro?

LadyJ
16th July 2007, 16:36
Your wife is allowed to go outside UK but she must complete her 12 months stay in UK before she can apply for ILR.

LadyJ
16th July 2007, 16:46
I think you should wait for her ILR to be granted before your plan living in the Phils, If not, she'll have to apply a spouse visa again (If she still in the Phils) on the end of her current spouse visa or extending her visa using FLR M to make up her 12 months stay in UK.

LadyJ
16th July 2007, 16:54
You mentioned above that your wife is pregnant, the link below is about benefits you and your wife could get.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=22461#post22461

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=22958#post22958 - read only the last four.

tommyw
16th July 2007, 17:33
Many thanks Lady J

vbkelly
16th July 2007, 17:44
Many thanks Lady J

hi ya, why you dont wait till lyn have a ILR visa so anytime she can enter in the UK bcoz spouse visa is expired after 2years

andypaul
16th July 2007, 20:29
i think you must not spend more than 90 days a year out of the UK from either year of your spouse visa to be eligible for ilr i think. not looked it up as neither me or the missus can afford to spend that much time out of the country:NoNo:

I would seriously check exactly how many days she has already taken out out of the UK since your wifes visa started and get some confirmation otherwise it may cause you a few headaches come ILR application time:NoNo:.

tommyw
16th July 2007, 21:50
Ok, I'll consider all advice, many thanks.

singkit
17th July 2007, 16:58
I think the application of ILR should be filed 28 days before the spouse visa expires. :smileybigtmouth: Congratulations to your baby and Good luck to your settlement in the Philippines. Don't forget to install an air conditioning unit in your house though:rolleyes: Cheers!:Beer:

tommyw
17th July 2007, 17:21
Thanks, air con is a priority.