PDA

View Full Version : UK working visa

Ju321
26th June 2012, 13:30
Hi, just wondered if anyone can help :-) i am just wondering how or if it is possible for my filippino boyfriend to get a working visa in the UK without someone to sponsor him. He has the qualifications needed for specific jobs hes applied for but they are asking for a working visa. How is this possible without them sponsoring him? Thankyou for anybody with any advice :-)

Bluebirdjones
26th June 2012, 13:45
It's virtually impossible, and if some "agency" or "employer" suggests to you otherwise, it's a SCAM.

Steve.r
26th June 2012, 14:10
Can we ask who has offered him work here in the UK ? Like Blue has said, it is virtually impossible to come here to work. If he is going through an agent, who is that? you need to be very careful right now and DO NOT part with any money in exchange for visas, it will be a scam.

Ju321
26th June 2012, 20:16
Hi Thankyou for your advice, No nobody has offered him a job, he just applied for one and the agency said he had all the skills and qualifications ect but they would just need him to have a working visa to go ahead with any interviews. They have not asked for any money. They just said to get back to them once he has obtained a working visa, but i thought its impossible for him to get a working visa unless a company is able to support him. That's why i was asking if its possible to apply for a skilled workers visa or any other visa without any sponsorship?

Terpe
27th June 2012, 09:02
Hi Thankyou for your advice, No nobody has offered him a job, he just applied for one and the agency said he had all the skills and qualifications ect but they would just need him to have a working visa to go ahead with any interviews. They have not asked for any money. They just said to get back to them once he has obtained a working visa, but i thought its impossible for him to get a working visa unless a company is able to support him. That's why i was asking if its possible to apply for a skilled workers visa or any other visa without any sponsorship?

UKBA state:-

Investors, entrepreneurs and exceptionally talented people can apply to enter or stay in the UK without needing a job offer - but you will need to pass a points-based assessment.

Look here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1)

Otherwise an approved sponsoring employer is required.