PDA

View Full Version : I am excited to see my red cheek hubby soon!!!

John_10
22nd June 2012, 09:48
Hi everyone good afternoon. This is Maricris. I am so much excited to see my hubby soon but i feel nervous 1st time to fly on my own(long distance). My flight on June 27 from Manila to Abu dhabi then Manchester Airport. Is there any had experience from Etihad Airlines? Is it ok to bring food like muffin on my hand luggage let say 10 pcs? Thanks and have a nice day to everyone:)

melovesengland
22nd June 2012, 10:22
Hi everyone good afternoon. This is Maricris. I am so much excited to see my hubby soon but i feel nervous 1st time to fly on my own(long distance). My flight on June 27 from Manila to Abu dhabi then Manchester Airport. Is there any had experience from Etihad Airlines? Is it ok to bring food like muffin on my hand luggage let say 10 pcs? Thanks and have a nice day to everyone:)

I am flying with Etihad to heathrow 2morow. I took cakes and pastries with me too last year when I flew with Etihad to London. Didn't have any problems with that and I will bring snacks again 2morow so I guess you can take ur muffins with you, too! :Wave:

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 10:58

You should find the food okay on the flight. I flew Etihad last year. Same route. And there is a choice of options and I seem to recall 2 meals between Manila and Abu Dhabi, for example. The service was good. Plenty of choice of soft drinks or alcoholic drinks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
22nd June 2012, 10:59
10 muffins is a lot of muffin to eat on one journey :-) I'm sure everything will go fine, sit back and enjoy the journey.

grahamw48
22nd June 2012, 11:20
I flew Etihad in February (to Phils) and of course took my normal lunchbox and carrier bag full of food....as I'm not paying train and airport prices ! :D

Just make sure it's all eaten before you land, in case they have restrictions on bringing food into the country.

I did the same when returning from Manila. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 11:54
I flew Etihad in February (to Phils) and of course took my normal lunchbox and carrier bag full of food....as I'm not paying train and airport prices ! :D

Just make sure it's all eaten before you land, in case they have restrictions on bringing food into the country.

I did the same when returning from Manila. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or alternatively I ask the cabin crew for a second meal. :D They often will oblige...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

John_10
22nd June 2012, 12:04
Hi all this is john I just wanted to ask that path will Marcris take on her journey from manila to Manchester. Many thanks

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 12:08
Try this.....

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/ETD

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 12:13
Try this.....

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/ETD

When my wife flew across to the UK she flew KLM. I was able to track her all the way to Amsterdam. Amazing.

John_10
22nd June 2012, 12:15
that was cool lastlid...but not what i was thinking. when Maricris gets to Manila airport dose she report to immigration stright away and how much dose that cost..then checkin her baggage. the board to abu dabi. what happens when she landsin abu dabi. has anyone taken this route with Ethiad to the uk. Thanks lastlid. great link though

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 12:28
that was cool lastlid...but not what i was thinking. when Maricris gets to Manila airport dose she report to immigration stright away and how much dose that cost..then checkin her baggage. the board to abu dabi. what happens when she landsin abu dabi. has anyone taken this route with Ethiad to the uk. Thanks lastlid. great link though

Yes. Thats the route I took. I recall that the Abu Dhabi transfer was relatively easy. The key is to check your ongoing ticket to Manchester and look out for the departure gate for the flight number printed on your ticket. If in doubt ask a member of the Etihad ground staff. There are loads of em in Abu Dhabi.

Tip. Find your departure gate first. Then have your coffee and duty free shopping etc after.

John_10
22nd June 2012, 12:35
just wanted to ask lastlid, hows your paetner coping with this great weather we are having, maricris is going to be frozen, im cold and lived here all my life:doh

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 12:40
just wanted to ask lastlid, hows your paetner coping with this great weather we are having, maricris is going to be frozen, im cold and lived here all my life:doh

In truth, she still describes it as cold. But then when it was 26 degrees here a few weeks back she said it was too hot (but then we were outside for half the day). IOM is a little cooler in the summer than Lancashire, btw.

Having said that she seemed to adjust to the climate change quite well but I would say it took a good few weeks to a month for that to happen.

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 12:42

My wife has since told me that she had the impression that the weather here was like Baguio in the Philippines, before she flew and didn't realise it would be quite so cold. But yes, she has acclimatised.

Ann1984
22nd June 2012, 13:56
When my wife flew across to the UK she flew KLM. I was able to track her all the way to Amsterdam. Amazing.

Anyway Lastid off topic, in about KLM. when i try to travel. i not like the food all are english food. make me sick inside the plane.:angry: when i arrived in london heatrhow i was sick i had headaches, tummy pain.. :doh.. i till my steve no more KLM for me.. I swear!!:D

John_10
22nd June 2012, 14:36
Thanks for all the reply.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
melovesengland - Have a safe trip:Wave:

Marie
22nd June 2012, 14:58
have a safe trip to you both....I'm getting jealous here... hope that my visa application will be out soon so that I can post here also about my departure...lol...anyway, ingat kayo and God Bless

melovesengland
22nd June 2012, 15:07
Thanks for all the reply.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
melovesengland - Have a safe trip:Wave:

Thank you John! I agree on what sir lastlid said bout looking for gate first before doing anything. Anyway, I am pretty sure she won't get lost as Abu dhabi airport have very good and easy signs for directions. She will manage for sure! :Wave:

lastlid
22nd June 2012, 15:18
Anyway Lastid off topic, in about KLM. when i try to travel. i not like the food all are english food. make me sick inside the plane.:angry: when i arrived in london heatrhow i was sick i had headaches, tummy pain.. :doh.. i till my steve no more KLM for me.. I swear!!:D

Sorry to hear.

The main reason we chose KLM was so that I could meet my wife in Amsterdam.