PDA

View Full Version : Helloo...

Shirley
14th July 2007, 21:27
Hi everyone, Im new here. Although i just registered as a member here, I've been looking/reading for some valuable information since i got a problems concerning visa's and other guides in getting an entry clearance here in UK. I've been through with the hassles of getting an annulment in the Philippines and i have been here in UK (Witham, Essex) twice before with a multiple entry tourist visa. And now im here with Fiancee Visa since May 21, 2007.

My british fiancee and i plan to get married this September 29, 2007 and my fiancee visa will expire October 11,2007. Upon reading those articles about amendments of passports and FLR, especially the time it requires on filing/processing those. Im afraid that the time left after our marriage is so short to aquire that FLR... do i have to get that FLR before my fiancee visa expire? For some personal reason we supposed to get married this month but we move it on September 29. Do amendment of my passport has to take place first before applying the FLR?...or can i apply the amendment of my passport after the FLR..? I just worried about the time gap between when my fiancee visa expires and the time i get my FLR after our marriage. What are the advantages and disadvantages on applying the passport amenmendment after or before getting the FLR?

Please help!

Shirley

eljean
15th July 2007, 14:39
you can apply for FLR before your visa expire and you can as well as do the amendments later on but everyone here would be telling you to have enough time left after getting married like a month to be more safe about applying. amendment only takes 3 working days the shortest i know and for the FLR it could takes 3 to 4 weeks to get a result...just make sure that you have all the right requirements and everything is right so there would be no hassle and returns ...or it can be problem if you run out of time...coz if you apply for the time being left after from your given wedding date it can be risky its still best to have enough time...

andypaul
15th July 2007, 16:24
im not an expert on flr but isn't once the application is in the visa running out does not matter, as its extended untill the visa office make the decision. So as long as you have all the right paperwork you should be fine.

Shirley
15th July 2007, 20:35
Thank you very much Eljean and Andypaul. It helps a lot. God Bless!!!

eljean
15th July 2007, 21:05
im not an expert on flr but isn't once the application is in the visa running out does not matter, as its extended untill the visa office make the decision. So as long as you have all the right paperwork you should be fine.

yes..it does not matter but just to be safe about it just make sure that the application is perfect because once they get your application they will notice you after 2 days if its all right...i was just thinking about that one case in here that they run out of time becoz of some few mistakes that they did in application...but becoz they apply without having enough time to correct it its sad that they were being refused and said to be sent back home...and as shirley says they were getting married by sept 29 and her fiancee visa will run out by oct 11...just make sure everything is all right...running out does not matter...

Shirley
16th July 2007, 09:11
Hi Eljean, Me and my fiance decided to have the wedding earlier than Sept. 29 to have enough time for processing the applications. I keep you guys posted how we go about it. Thank you very much. God Bless!!!

Shirley

Shirley
16th July 2007, 09:15
I have already the lists more or less the standard requirements of processing the passport amendments and FLR.... i get that list from this Forum. Thanks a lot once again.

eljean
16th July 2007, 11:59
thats good:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shirley
4th September 2007, 11:39
Hello!!!

Nice to be back writing here again...sorry it took me long to write back. With life's twists and turns we got married last august 20, 2007 instead of September 29 so as to be safe with the immigration documentations and applications. My passport was amended and just recently i post my FLR application...and hopefully i will have my FLR soon so i can look for a job. Now that my kids start schooling and my hubby backs to his teaching work the house really feels like empty. Hopefully there's no problem with my FLR application, and a million thanks for all the guys that put the legal information here in this forum...it helps a lot. There are lot of wise people here in this forum and i learn a lot from their experiences and sometimes when i'd like to say something for a particular thread, someone had already said it.....so i just content myself reading those threads :)

Best regards to all,

Shirley

mach
5th September 2007, 02:44
best wishes to you & congRatulations to your hubby!

Mich
5th September 2007, 07:50
Welcome Shirley!