PDA

View Full Version : Australia opens doors to British migrant workers

joebloggs
19th June 2012, 11:02
i'm packing me bags as i type :Wave: :airline:
:doh forgot the misses and kids :angry:

The Australian government has confirmed it will reduce the current “pass mark” for British citizens looking to get a visa to migrate down under.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/australia-opens-doors-to-british-migrant-workers/

grahamw48
19th June 2012, 11:39
Brilliant.

I'm going to look into courses for surfing instructor right away. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
19th June 2012, 13:10
Brilliant.

I'm going to look into courses for surfing instructor right away. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

can you get a job in surfing :Erm:, i'm pretty good at surfing the net too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
19th June 2012, 14:48
Great if this guy is the FCO !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpEIAeTfvM

lastlid
19th June 2012, 16:00
Previously Australian Chairman of the Cheeseboard and Minister for Tourism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfNIvNmLBU

RickyR
19th June 2012, 16:37
We started looking into Australia earlier this year as the next step after we've had enough of living in the Sandpit. We meet the requirements, and my occupation is on the required list and we keep seeing jobs coming up for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Pilots which looks good. Applications will be going in later this year (told it can take a few years to process).

The new immigration rules sealed the deal for us, thanks Teressa May, you helped us make our decision.

Arthur Little
19th June 2012, 17:50
Ahh ... :rolleyes: ... long gone are the halcyon days of the 1960s ... when Brits could apply for a '£10 Assisted Passage' to live and work "down under"!

Arthur Little
19th June 2012, 17:59
'£10 Assisted Passage'

Quite a number of former colleagues of mine took advantage of this Scheme ... :anerikke:... even IF most eventually returned after a few decades in the land of Oz.

grahamw48
19th June 2012, 19:03
Ahh ... :rolleyes: ... long gone are the halcyon days of the 1960s ... when Brits could apply for a '£10 Assisted Passage' to live and work "down under"!

My aunt, uncle and three cousins went out on that scheme in the 1950s.

All did very well for themselves...uncle built up quite a large business, one cousin a lawyer and another in one of Australia's most successful pop groups. I remember him visiting our grandmother here when the band were on a UK tour. :)

raynaputi
19th June 2012, 19:09
Two of my friends (married couple and both Filipinos) along with their 2 kids just migrated to Australia last month, all expense paid by the company I think. The guy was offered a job (a telecoms engineer) and processing of their papers just took a month! :D Guess Keith and I would have a place to stay there in case we visit..:xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

Moy
19th June 2012, 19:40
i wonder how to migrate there as a famous australia kangaroo:rolleyes::cwm24::D

http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/kangaroo.jpg

lastlid
19th June 2012, 20:45
i wonder how to migrate there as a famous australia kangaroo:rolleyes::cwm24::D

http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/kangaroo.jpg

Alright Skip? :D

Koala
24th June 2012, 01:10
Australia is going through the best economical period in the history of the country.

Yes Australia is looking for more skilled immigrates from overseas to fill job positions....Specially in Western Australia due to the mining boom.....At present W.A and Perth has a unemployment rate of 3.8% which is very low......The sectors screaming out the most are the mining and telecommunication industries.......plus education, health and the hospitality industries.

There is a lot of Kiwi's coming over by the truck load per month.

You are right Arthur I also have English friends who came here in the 1960's married to Filipina's and have done very well from themselve's.

I had British neigbours on both sides of our old house in Perth who came here in the late 40's and loved it so much never went back to the UK, ever for a visit......It can be the land of milk and honey......as it seems to be at this moment......But I don't think this will last for ever.

I haven't been back for up to 10 years now......and wouldn't change my life stile here for the fast pass back there.....not for quids......I only make as half as much kwarta as I use too working in Perth......but that kwarta that we make gives us a hell of good life stile here.

Its the Filipino people that makes this place......There is some bad eggs here for sure but if you keep your head down and a bit street wise its a GREAT PLACE.

For me this is the land of milk and honey.

Koala:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Koala
24th June 2012, 01:13
I don't know why my post came up twice....please delete one post Sorry

andy222
24th June 2012, 08:48
Pity im too old. :yikes:

grahamw48
24th June 2012, 09:28
Likewise. :cwm3:

I used to drive those big mining trucks too...and other plant.

I remember discussing emigrating there in the early 80s with the girl I was engaged to at the time, a State Registered Nurse, but we just didn't get round to it. Oh well.

joebloggs
24th June 2012, 10:35
Likewise. :cwm3:

I used to drive those big mining trucks too...and other plant.

are there any jobs which you haven't done Graham :rolleyes: what was your fav job ?

my misses was talking about moving to NZ or even OZ (her brother looks like he will be moving there this year) within 5yrs time.