PDA

View Full Version : Doc alans scarborough

stevewool
17th June 2012, 12:36
Whos of to scarborough then this coming weekend hope the weather is good for everyone

Steve.r
17th June 2012, 12:37
Me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
17th June 2012, 12:50
I'm real sorry, I had wanted to, expressed interest, but - I am sure people will understand, certain "recent news" has knocked me totally for six, and I'm just not up to it. I'm quite, if I am honest, quite ill.

I know people would say the best thing would be to go along and get drunk with the best of them, but..........regretably it will have to be another time :(

stevewool
17th June 2012, 13:03
is there drink at this venue, i understand just remember you will get through all this, you have to look at the future not just this year or next

Doc Alan
18th June 2012, 07:00
There’s about 16 definitely coming to Scarborough ( http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37628-June-weekend-in-Scarborough ) - you’re booked for the meal Steve and Emma :Hellooo:. Yes, I will be providing drinks on Saturday night – if you have the stamina after travelling, enjoying Scarborough, the “ Highlander “ and " Ask " restaurant by the harbourside :).
I’m happy to have had many supportive messages – and positive posts - both from those who are coming and those who can’t :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
Others have chosen to ignore MY repeated private messages and posts :doh. No one - least of all me - can understand, nor should we judge, your reasons. Sorry to have bothered you. Have a good weekend - we certainly will in Scarborough !

alanmf1
18th June 2012, 18:22
Looking forward to meeting lots of forum friends and seeing Doc's hometown! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th June 2012, 18:26
Looking forward to meeting lots of forum friends and seeing Doc's hometown! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hey, Alan ... it's being held in Scarborough not Glasgow! :D

Arthur Little
18th June 2012, 18:31
:icon_sorry:, mate ... forgive my 'little' :joke:!

Doc Alan
18th June 2012, 19:54
Arthur's correct ( he usually is ! ) :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
The whole point of this meeting is for members to get together - whether they're newbies or moderators - and you are ALL welcome, even at this late date :). I can't afford to fly you all to Fred's campsite at Bohol :icon_lol:. Karen ( at the Highlander ) is putting on extra staff for Saturday, and Thayo ( at Ask ) has booked us the best two tables :D. Members are travelling from as far as Perth and Dorset. I've spring cleaned my apartment and there's a supply of drink ( alcoholic / non-alcoholic ) and " merienda " :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
" Inconsiderate " is the most polite judgement I've heard about those who haven't responded - I'm saying no more :icon_lol:. But surely I haven't LOST friends or respect by arranging a " get - together " ? :doh
If you're staying overnight, this is the view you MIGHT get of the sunrise -http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/017.jpg

stevewool
18th June 2012, 20:45
i can think of a better view at sunrise, and i shall be looking at her:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

stevewool
18th June 2012, 20:46
we have a sea view room a treat for me and em :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
18th June 2012, 21:05
i can think of a better view at sunrise, and i shall be looking at her:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Steve.r
18th June 2012, 21:18
I just get the view of me looking at myself in the mirror, trying to peel my eyes open after a heavy night :cwm24:

RickyR
19th June 2012, 08:48
I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!!!!! Wish we were there!

grahamw48
19th June 2012, 10:39
Have a great time guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd liked to have attended, but for personal reasons I can't.

Steve.r
19th June 2012, 10:56
A real shame Graham

Doc Alan
19th June 2012, 13:18
Have a great time guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd liked to have attended, but for personal reasons I can't.
We will have a great time :). Your personal reasons are none of my business - all I need to know is who will and will not be coming, as other people are involved in the arrangements. Some members are here Friday - Sunday. ALL are welcome - there is no one on my " ignore " list. If your personal circumstances change, Graham, let me know and come through from York on any one of these days - take the chance to meet other members and refreshments are FREE at my apartment !

The weather forecast is not brilliant - can't control that - but in any case Scarborough will be busy - Armed Forces Day on Saturday and Oliver's Mount motor cycle racing over the weekend. http://www.scarborough.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=16027http://thedms.discoveryorkshirecoast.com/thedms.aspx?dms=13&feature=1010&venue=1717463

Doc Alan
19th June 2012, 14:02
I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!!!!! Wish we were there!
You will be missed, Ricky and family - but you're coming to Scarborough in a few weeks' time, if I remember correctly.

RickyR
19th June 2012, 20:47
in 6 weeks time :-)

Arthur Little
19th June 2012, 21:29
I should like to take this opportunity of expressing my gratitude to Alan :appl:... for all the hard work he's put in - both on the forum and behind the scenes - to ensure that everyone who attends this brilliantly-organised function enjoys themselves to the full.

Steve.r
19th June 2012, 23:48
I should like to take this opportunity of expressing my gratitude to Alan :appl:... for all the hard work he's put in - both on the forum and behind the scenes - to ensure that everyone who attends this brilliantly-organised function enjoys themselves to the full.

Seconded Arthur, thank you Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th June 2012, 08:52
Thirded :appl:

Nice idea and well done Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3: