PDA

View Full Version : hello, new here!

dizzy
17th June 2012, 10:45
hello everyone! i'm dizzy, filipina. just arrived in london 6 months ago.haven't met any pinoys who doesn't do a 180 degree turn when i asked if they're pinoys.i hope i can meet friendlies here at last

bigmarco
17th June 2012, 10:49
Hi Dizzy and welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

Terpe
17th June 2012, 11:05
Hello dizzy,
Where are you from in Philippines?

Steve.r
17th June 2012, 11:23
haven't met any pinoys who doesn't do a 180 degree turn when i asked if they're pinoys.

Why would they do that ?????? :Erm:

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:23
Hello dizzy,
Where are you from in Philippines?
hi terpe :) i'm from the visayas in negros

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:24
Hi Dizzy and welcome to the forum :Hellooo:
hi bigmarco :) thanks for the welcome..i'm trying to catch up with the forum here;)

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:27
Why would they do that ?????? :Erm:
yap,that got me scratching my head too...there was this lady also at the Tesco cashier..asked her nicely if she's pinoy.she gave me this exasperated sigh and said 'yeah, yeah i'm pinoy'..hesitated too...either tired of her job or the question..hehehe

lastlid
17th June 2012, 11:27

Hi. My wife is from Negros Oriental, originally.

Which Negros?

Terpe
17th June 2012, 11:30

I take it you're here in UK on a spouse visa ?
Whereabouts in SE London are you?
There's a get-together soon, also Barrio Fiesta.

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:37
Hi. My wife is from Negros Oriental, originally.

Which Negros?
hi lastlid...in dumaguete city

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:39
I take it you're here in UK on a spouse visa ?
Whereabouts in SE London are you?
There's a get-together soon, also Barrio Fiesta.
in lewisham...would be nice to join in the gathering.when and where would it be?

lastlid
17th June 2012, 11:46
hi lastlid...in dumaguete city

Okay. My wife is from Sagbang Valencia but she moved to Cavite about 15 years ago. Her sister was staying in Dumaguete until recently. She was there when it flooded not so long ago.

dizzy
17th June 2012, 11:52
lastlid...yap, typhoon sendiong.but dumaguete is starting to get on its feet again.hope your sis-in law is ok after sendiong

lastlid
17th June 2012, 11:55
lastlid...yap, typhoon sendiong.but dumaguete is starting to get on its feet again.hope your sis-in law is ok after sendiong

Yes. She left Dumaguete after separating from her hubby. She is doing okay now in Cavite, teaching in a private school there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th June 2012, 12:02
hello everyone! i'm dizzy, filipina. just arrived in london 6 months ago.haven't met any pinoys who doesn't do a 180 degree turn when i asked if they're pinoys.

:cwm24: ... all those turns - :cwm12: - little wonder you're "dizzy"!

i hope i can meet friendlies here at last

You CAN ... and you WILL! :welcomex: to you.

Bluebirdjones
18th June 2012, 12:12
in lewisham...would be nice to join in the gathering.when and where would it be?

Have you tried the cafe in the shopping mall ? There's always Filipinas eating there.

Also there's at least a dozen Filipinas that I know of living in/around Beckenham... which is only a No.54 bus ride away !

... mixed age group, with/without children.