PDA

View Full Version : Booking my flight...

myliitlehaven07
17th June 2012, 07:34
I know this has been ask but cant seem to find that thread:NoNo: My husband will be purchasing my ticket through his debit card and i have read that the airport staff will ask for this card? what are the necessary thing to do WITH this? should i ask my husband to scan the card for me?will that not be an issue during my travel?

lastlid
17th June 2012, 07:43
Yes. Someone did this very recently and posted here....the hubby scanned the card front and back and forwarded it to his wife / fiancee. I cant find the relevant thread either.

myliitlehaven07
17th June 2012, 07:48
:Erm:
Yes. Someone did this very recently and posted here....

lastlid
17th June 2012, 08:00
BTW heres an interesting thread from Jlags, if you havent seen it already. But there was someone else recently who's hubby simply scanned his credit card and emailed to his wife...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37931-From-PINAS-to-UK-A-Step-by-Step-Guide-for-FIRST-Time-Travellers-To-UK?highlight=jlags

lastlid
17th June 2012, 08:04
Here it is. John_10. See post 22

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/38748-Booking-flights-for-missus?highlight=etihad

Hi all...did what you said I contacted Ethiad here at Manchester Airport..and all i needed to do was scan the front and the back of the card then send to the missus..just pen over the security numbers.
Only 2 and a half weeks to go and the missus will be here.
Many thanks everyone

John

But that was for Etihad. Not a bad idea to contact your airline to check to see if they will accept the same.

jlags90
17th June 2012, 13:40
I know this has been ask but cant seem to find that thread:NoNo: My husband will be purchasing my ticket through his debit card and i have read that the airport staff will ask for this card? what are the necessary thing to do WITH this? should i ask my husband to scan the card for me?will that not be an issue during my travel?

If you are using "luxurious Etihad" and your hubby has booked the flight already, you would experience the same stress my fiance and I experienced. BUT you do not need to WORRY LIKE I WORRIED.

My fiance scanned the back and front part of the debit card and sent to me via e-mail. I printed it, brought it for checking in. BUT I WAS TOOOOOO WORRIED IT MIGHT NOT BE ALLOWED so my fiance called Etihad and the staff suggested that he go to Manchester Airport to verify the debit card prior to my flight time in the Philippines.

It worked. I was able to board the plane..

myliitlehaven07
18th June 2012, 01:21
If you are using "luxurious Etihad" and your hubby has booked the flight already, you would experience the same stress my fiance and I experienced. BUT you do not need to WORRY LIKE I WORRIED.

My fiance scanned the back and front part of the debit card and sent to me via e-mail. I printed it, brought it for checking in. BUT I WAS TOOOOOO WORRIED IT MIGHT NOT BE ALLOWED so my fiance called Etihad and the staff suggested that he go to Manchester Airport to verify the debit card prior to my flight time in the Philippines.

It worked. I was able to board the plane..

thank you jlags, i am thinking of taking KLM going straight to Cardiff, i just research and found out that any card that is USING SECURE verification from bank wont be needed to check on the airport. and luckily my husband has that on his debit card but i will still do the copy and even print out the bank statements where the payment was taken :))

lastlid
18th June 2012, 06:40
My wife flew KLM and I met her at Amsterdam. She flew at the weekend so that I didnt have to take time off work to meet her. I booked her on the Saturday flight. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jlags90
18th June 2012, 21:33
thank you jlags, i am thinking of taking KLM going straight to Cardiff, i just research and found out that any card that is USING SECURE verification from bank wont be needed to check on the airport. and luckily my husband has that on his debit card but i will still do the copy and even print out the bank statements where the payment was taken :))

That will be great... Avoid the Etihad's Hassles..Have a worry free trip.