PDA

View Full Version : What's in a guys jeans/genes?

Pauldo
9th September 2005, 16:09
I'm just curious, but do any other forum members have children by their Filipina wife? And if so, what sort of colour mix did they come out as?

The reason I ask is because I'm a 'normal' colour English guy, and my wife is an 'African American Filipina', to put it PC. Our daughter came out as white as the driven snow, with ruby red lips, the only hint she might have some asian in her is her almond shaped eyes and faint 'monkey fringe'.

My wife used to get most upset when other Filipinas assumed she was just our ya ya, whenever we were seen out together, thinking the real mother was whitey :D :D :rolleyes:

I have workmates who are married to asians, and more than a few of them have children who exhibit zero 'whitey' in the appearance. I suppose the gene laws must swing both ways :D

peterdavid
9th September 2005, 17:04
Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 9 2005, 03:09 PM
I'm just curious, but do any other forum members have children by their Filipina wife? And if so, what sort of colour mix did they come out as?

The reason I ask is because I'm a 'normal' colour English guy, and my wife is an 'African American Filipina', to put it PC. Our daughter came out as white as the driven snow, with ruby red lips, the only hint she might have some asian in her is her almond shaped eyes and faint 'monkey fringe'.

My wife used to get most upset when other Filipinas assumed she was just our ya ya, whenever we were seen out together, thinking the real mother was whitey :D :D :rolleyes:

I have workmates who are married to asians, and more than a few of them have children who exhibit zero 'whitey' in the appearance. I suppose the gene laws must swing both ways :D

Quoted post

Snap. No one can tell ours is mixed race either and everyone in PI assumed my wife was the ya ya. Not just white skin colour, but also features, shape of nose, eyes, all the normal characteristics that mark a person as of a certain 'race' were all those of a caucasian.

Let's face it, if the baby is going to come out either pure white or pure filipina, you're glad it's pure white - cos if it came out pure filipina, the wife would have had a few difficult questions to answer.... :)

Joey
12th September 2005, 15:57
My first came out a shade between me and my wife. My second daughter was ghost white when she was born, but with darker hair than my first. Now, they both have a lighter complexion than my wife, but they're definitely not white. The younger one does get pretty light if she doesn't get out in the sun, but when Spring comes, they both get dark rather easily. There's no doubt they're mixed. The problem my girls have is they are separated by 13 1/2 months, and look alike enough that people always ask, "are they twins?"