PDA

View Full Version : orrible, orrible people

stevewool
16th June 2012, 09:09
well heres my daily moan, just been for a few things at the shops and what miserable rude people there are abour, old farts who have no manners and a face like death, young uns who cannot even speak english, this is a place where i grew up so i know it well, its me that has changed not the place, just the new people that have moved into the place, its not the nice place where i grew up its any place in any european country now, but the worst parts not the nice parts that tourist see, hay ho, that feels better now:NoNo:

Steve.r
16th June 2012, 09:25
Like you say steve, it goes on everywhere.. even in small country villages. :NoNo:

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 09:36
I'm one of the old farts with a face like death. :)

stevewool
16th June 2012, 09:43

i dont think so there graham, it gets me when they dont even say good morning or hello,

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 09:46
Steve, you're far too young to be a grumpy old man.
Leave it to the experts. :ReadIt:

Soon you'll be saying good morning in a loud voice to people just to wind them up...and deliberately packing at YOUR speed at the supermarket.

raynaputi
16th June 2012, 10:46
Like you say steve, it goes on everywhere.. even in small country villages. :NoNo:

Haven't experienced any of that here yet, in the small town of Denbigh, which is a good thing..haven't encountered any rude people yet in the shops or anywhere else actually..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Smiling at them probably does the trick..hahaha :D Although we've encountered lots of rude drivers along the motorways..:NoNo:

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 10:49
That's because you're an attractive young lady, not a grumpy old man. :icon_lol:

Steve.r
16th June 2012, 11:06
What happens in the villages (or ours anyway) is that younger people cant afford to live here anymore, so the rich and ignorant from London move to the country and bring their ways with them. After 2 minutes in 'their' village, they get their noses into village business and start trying to order locals about who have been here for centuries.... now that drives me mad.!!

Moy
16th June 2012, 11:14

:D love those words whispers on my ear as i woke up..everyday i saw those on school..on street..shops .public places it all over the place:cwm24::action-smiley-081::yikes:

Arthur Little
16th June 2012, 12:19
After 2 minutes in 'their' village, they get their noses into village business and start trying to order locals about who have been here for centuries.... .!!

Ah ... :anerikke: ... same everywhere, I suppose! And it "cuts BOTH ways", really. When I moved from Scotland's largest city with my parents and younger brother to a small, close~knit Perthshire village in Coronation Year, :rolleyes: we were looked upon as being very much the incomers among the rural population - whose families had lived [and died] there for centuries. Took us ages to gain acceptance by the local community. :doh

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 12:47
:D love those words whispers on my ear as i woke up

Happy to oblige, but I thought you already had a man. :Erm:

Moy
16th June 2012, 13:08
Happy to oblige, but I thought you already had a man. :Erm:

i have graham crackers but i think at times his too god for me:laugher::yikes::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
16th June 2012, 13:46
i have graham crackers but i think at times his too god for me:laugher::yikes::icon_lol:

D'you mean 'good', Ross? :rolleyes: It certainly can't be God :nono-1-1: ... with Graham being a self-confessed atheist! :D

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 14:20
True Arthur.

I am the only god in my life. :D

Moy
16th June 2012, 14:23
D'you mean 'good', Ross? :rolleyes: It certainly can't be God :nono-1-1: ... with Graham being a self-confessed atheist! :D
sorry but i mean Good ARTHUR hehe pls correct my spelling :yikes::D

Moy
16th June 2012, 14:23
True Arthur.

I am the only god in my life. :D
:action-smiley-081::D

Arthur Little
16th June 2012, 15:39
sorry but i mean Good ARTHUR hehe pls correct my spelling :yikes::D

:sorry-2:, Ross ... just my 'little' :joke:

Moy
16th June 2012, 15:41
:cwm24::xxgrinning--00xx3: np Arthur:Jump:

Ako Si Jamie
1st July 2012, 10:51
Having lived all over England, I would say generally it's an unfriendly place to live compared to parts of Scotland & Wales.

Moy
1st July 2012, 14:18
:cwm24:

CBM
1st July 2012, 14:23
Ah ... :anerikke: ... same everywhere, I suppose! And it "cuts BOTH ways", really. When I moved from Scotland's largest city with my parents and younger brother to a small, close~knit Perthshire village in Coronation Year, :rolleyes: we were looked upon as being very much the incomers among the rural population - whose families had lived [and died] there for centuries. Took us ages to gain acceptance by the local community. :doh

When my father died, having lived in the same house in an East Anglian village for thirty years, the village shopkeeper was heard to .ay "he was not a bad man, for a foreigner" (he was Scots),