PDA

View Full Version : any idea if a filipino PT can work as physiotherapist in UK

keishakins
14th June 2012, 16:35
hi! am a filipino PT and if anyone can advice me on how to be a physiotherapist here in UK. are there jobs available after? do anyone know any agencies that could help? i want to apply as a physiotherapist assistant also so please if anyone knows any facility that is hiring. please let me know..thank you!

grahamw48
14th June 2012, 17:05
I don't know...but if you do find an agency offering work, DON'T give them any money.

Oh, and welcome to the forum ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th June 2012, 18:26
Hmm ... you could contact the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, 14 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4ED (Telephone +44 20 7306 6666).
www.csp.org.uk

Having said that, it's likely to be a fruitless exercise - for the following main reasons:

1. Qualification obtained - in countries other than the UK - are [very] UNLIKELY to be considered as being on a par with those required to practise in :Britain:

2. :Britain:'s economy - in line with many nations globally - is such that, few [if any] job applicants (even among professionals) from overseas are currently being accepted for employment.

Steve.r
14th June 2012, 18:45
Welcome to the forum,

Just to make it dead clear to you, DO NOT give any agency ANY MONEY......... 99% are scammers who will try to entice you to part with your cash. They will try every trick to fool you. They can give you names, addresses, photos, application forms and real looking contracts.... please BEWARE 99% are FAKE.

I wish you luck. :)

Arthur Little
14th June 2012, 19:43
... if you do find an agency offering work, DON'T give them any money.

Just to make it dead clear to you, DO NOT give any agency ANY MONEY......... 99% are scammers who will try to entice you to part with your cash. They will try every trick to fool you. They can give you names, addresses, photos, application forms and real looking contracts.... please BEWARE 99% are FAKE.

This is what I had been going to stress next :yeahthat: ... and would further REITERATE its vital IMPORTANCE also.

Arthur Little
14th June 2012, 20:16
:sorry-2: ... we're not being pessimistic, above :NoNo: - simply realistic, in order to guard members against false optimism.

gWaPito
14th June 2012, 21:56
Hmm ... you could contact the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, 14 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4ED (Telephone +44 20 7306 6666).
www.csp.org.uk

Having said that, it's likely to be a fruitless exercise - for the following main reasons:

1. Qualification obtained - in countries other than the UK - are [very] UNLIKELY to be considered as being on a par with those required to practise in :Britain:

2. :Britain:'s economy - in line with many nations globally - is such that, few [if any] job applicants (even among professionals) from overseas are currently being accepted for employment.

I got to agree there, in most cases the qualifications are not worth the paper they are printed on :NoNo:

But, there is work, be it mostly of the unskilled variety. You know what they say about small acorns :)....we all gotta start somewhere :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th June 2012, 07:02
The OP (keishakins) is already in UK and looking for work.

keishakins, firstly welcome here to the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Do you already have any qualifications?
Or are you currently studying Physiotherapy?

RickyR
15th June 2012, 09:45
Hi my wife is also a Physiotherapist (BSc Physical Therapy) from the Philippines, and when we met she was working as a PT and dietician on the cruise ships.
We did at one stage look into what was needed, and firstly you need to get a Statement of Comparability from NARIC www.naric.org.uk to show what level your qualifications are equivilent to in the UK.
After we'd done that, I can't remember where we went, but we discovered that Marvie would need to study for a further 1 or 2 years in the UK to become a qualified Physio there.

Title of Award: Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
Awarding Institute: World Citi College (Quezon City Medical Centre & Colleges)

Assessment: is considered compararable to BTEC / SQA Higher National Diploma (HND) Standard / Foundation Degree Standard

We still have to discover what these means to the HPC Council, but normally a HND/Foundation Degree will allow you to receive 2 years dispensation from a BSc Degree.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/22400-Need-help-about-physiotherapy

In the end our plans changed, and Marvie is a fulltime housewife. But I think she wants to become a Personal Trainer again at some point, even just part time.