PDA

View Full Version : 3 Veiled women refused entry to France

Dedworth
12th June 2012, 19:23
Three women on flight from Doha barred from entering France after refusing to remove their face veils

A police union says three Saudi women who refused to remove their face veils at Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport have been barred entry to France.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158214/3-Saudi-women-barred-entering-France-refusing-remove-veils.html#ixzz1xbXk5NmN

Todays good news ! Well done France :appl:
- UKBA take note

grahamw48
12th June 2012, 19:38
Good on them for not putting up with this nonsense. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They expect us to comply with their laws in Doha. :)

stevewool
12th June 2012, 19:40
cannot knock the french, at lease they stick to what they say and stick together also, well done i say:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
12th June 2012, 19:56
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
12th June 2012, 21:16
Good on them I agree totally.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
13th June 2012, 00:37
we we we :D:xxgrinning--00xx3::appl:

bigmarco
13th June 2012, 00:58
We could well learn a thing or two from the French. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DeltaRomeo
13th June 2012, 04:37
We could well learn a thing or two from the French. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wonder if they would discriminate against their own citizens in favour of their european counterparts as our own government does

Terpe
13th June 2012, 07:43
Now that's a good example of "Border Control".
Wonder what UKBA would have done to actually verify ID:Erm:
Probably nothing imo

When I returned from US just last May I was picked on at the Heathrow passport desk and asked to remove my cap :doh
My first time ever for any question by immigration returning to UK.
My wife still laughs and teases me about that. Unbelieveable:Cuckoo:

malchard888
13th June 2012, 07:46
Its a shame our Government doesnt take note of the way the French do things, they dont appear to be shackled by political correctness and human rights madness whereas we are obsessed with it.

daff 'O dill
13th June 2012, 09:10
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Remarkable. The UK gov should implement that law in UK as well !!

RickyR
13th June 2012, 12:37
It all seems a bit wierd. As westerners when we travel to the Middle East, we accept the local laws and customs. When they travel to Europe, normally they adhere to our customs and laws, but occasionally you get some people who seem to want to make a statement, which on this occasion has got them a flight straight back.

Some of you know who I work for, and when we travel to Europe with around 600 Arabic colleagues they are each given around 500 pounds to spend on clothes and once they arrive in Europe are to strictly (orders from His Majesty) to only wear western clothes and given briefings on how to adhere to the local laws and customs.

Most of the guys I work with that are here for the first time in Europe are having a bit of a culture shock, for many of them its the first time really experiencing crime, and they're having to learn that if they in restaurants and cafes and outside and leave their phone on the table, it doesn't stay there very long.

Trefor
13th June 2012, 12:49
@RickyR - nice to see someone else with Omani connections. I love the place, and I have a house at The Wave. I might even be popping over there this weekend if Rose gets her passport back in time (her UAE work permit allows her to move around GCC countries on a 'normal' visitor Visa.

RickyR
13th June 2012, 12:59
Hi, the Wave is a great place to be, we live in MQ at the moment. Drop me a PM if you want to meet up some time in the future.

joebloggs
13th June 2012, 13:33
Most of the guys I work with that are here for the first time in Europe are having a bit of a culture shock, for many of them its the first time really experiencing crime, and they're having to learn that if they in restaurants and cafes and outside and leave their phone on the table, it doesn't stay there very long.

what no crime :D, i use to work with 2 libyans brothers who use to tell me there are no gays in libya :icon_lol:, well if you didnt want a knock on the door at night, taken away never to be seen again :cwm24:

RickyR
13th June 2012, 14:17
haha, no comment on the homosexuality. See no evil, hear no evil... etc

In UAE, Qatar and particularly Oman the crime levels are incredibly low. In Oman you often see people leaving there cars (porches, mercs, bmws etc) with the keys in running when they go into a shop. When people goto a cafe, they leave all their phones, wallets etc on the table and at times just wander off and leave them for a while, and never hear of any theft.

grahamw48
13th June 2012, 14:22
Hardly surprising, considering that they do actually PUNISH criminals. :rolleyes:....Not to mention the severity of such punishments. :xxaction-smiley-047