PDA

View Full Version : 3 months stay in the Philippines

deimei
7th June 2012, 11:03
Hello there.
I would like to ask if it is possible for a british citizen to stay for up to 3 months in the Philippines and if not what steps or requirements I needed for the extension of stay in the Philippines?

Thank you for all your help. :Jump:

grahamw48
7th June 2012, 11:30
Yes, dead easy. I've done it many times.

Start off with a 59 day visa (can be arranged upon arrival at the airport in Manila) and extend that at Immigration about 10 days before expiry...cost about p3-3500.

You can either go into the BI yourself for the extension or get a travel agent like Swagman travel to do it for you. :)

You can extend for up to a year, then trip out of the country required.

deimei
7th June 2012, 16:00
Thank you so much grahamw48 for your info.. Have a good day :)

grahamw48
7th June 2012, 16:03
Walang anumen. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
7th June 2012, 18:05
Yes, dead easy. I've done it many times.

Start off with a 59 day visa (can be arranged upon arrival at the airport in Manila) and extend that at Immigration about 10 days before expiry...cost about p3-3500.

You can either go into the BI yourself for the extension or get a travel agent like Swagman travel to do it for you. :)

You can extend for up to a year, then trip out of the country required. Isnt it 2 yrs before needing to take trip out?21 days to 59 days - P3030
59 days to 4 months
- P4830 extension fee
- usd $50 for an ACR-I card
- P500 express lane fee for ACR-I card
for a total of approximately P7600
4 months to 6 months - P2830
6 months to 8 months - P4240
Every 2 month extension from 8 months to 16 months - P2830
Every 2 month extension from 16 months to 24 months - P3840

deimei
7th June 2012, 19:07
Thank you irishman12 for your info..
Just a quick question though .. Is it advisable to book a return ticket journey for 3 month stay in the Philippines in advance or just 59 days to be on the safe side? :Erm:

Thank you everyone for you advice..

irishman12
7th June 2012, 20:23
Thers is a thread already with info similar to what ur looking -should be ok to book ticket over 59 days as long as you have visa

junior02
8th June 2012, 04:26
Thank you irishman12 for your info..
Just a quick question though .. Is it advisable to book a return ticket journey for 3 month stay in the Philippines in advance or just 59 days to be on the safe side? :Erm:

Thank you everyone for you advice..

No need for return tickets, ive arrived in manila on one way tickets b4, ive never had immigration check my tickets on arrival, and ive been 2 rp 23 times.

Terpe
8th June 2012, 09:03
No need for return tickets, ive arrived in manila on one way tickets b4, ive never had immigration check my tickets on arrival, and ive been 2 rp 23 times.

Noooo!
Thats very bad advise.

Based on your travel experience I'm surprised you said that.

While it is potentially possible in practice to "sneak in that way" it is absolutely not within the rules.

The rules, as in many countries, specify you must have a return/onward ticket.
In practice imigration rarely ask to see. Most often you find that it's the airlines that will ask.

The airlines need to check that you have a way out of the Philippines so they will not be forced to provide a free flight home if you are refused entry by immigration.

Not having an onward ticket could result in not be allowed entry. No-one wants that or any other consequences of falling foul of immigration.

grahamw48
8th June 2012, 11:18
Agree.

A very LUCKY man.

Better to pay more for an 'open' return ticket than risk being put back on the plane home, or as is more usual, being made to buy a (expensive) ticket out upon arrival at the airport. :)

jonnijon
8th June 2012, 12:31
You can get an onward ticket to borneo for 30 quid