PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday?

lastlid
5th June 2012, 13:01
Not here in the Isle of Man. We celebrate the Queens Jubilee in July. Yes you read that correctly. However we do have a bank holiday on friday this week. Senior Race Day!! And no it isn't TT Racing for pensioners.....:D

bigmarco
5th June 2012, 15:19
Will she be travelling over to you for your July celebrations

lastlid
5th June 2012, 16:59
Will she be travelling over to you for your July celebrations

:Erm: Good question. I don't know but don't think so. We had Charles and Camilla over here just a few weeks ago sampling Manx kipper baps.......:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
5th June 2012, 17:26
I was speaking to an old soldier in our local Morrisons on Sunday. Seventy-eight, he is :olddude: ... and he told me he's one of a contingent from his former Regiment, the 'Black Watch' being introduced to HM at Balhousie Castle - its Headquarters in Perth - next month.

Arthur Little
5th June 2012, 17:42
Slightly :icon_offtopic: ... but this ex-serviceman also mentioned he was still working :yikes: - as a caretaker/handyman at a block of flats roughly half a mile down the road from me.

:cwm24: ... what's his secret? :rolleyes:

Never smoked nor drank :nono-1-1: ... in spite of his Army service.

But he does happen to be the proud owner of one of the LARGEST motorbikes I've ever seen! :omg:

Arthur Little
5th June 2012, 17:58
Seventy-eight, he is ...

... but he does happen to be the proud owner of one of the LARGEST motorbikes I've ever seen! :omg:

:rolleyes: ... "on yer bike" - from a NEW (or should it be [an] old?) perspective! :yeahthat:

lastlid
5th June 2012, 18:01
Well he would lurve it here. Its a bikers dream right now.....:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
5th June 2012, 18:10
Well he would lurve it here. Its a bikers dream right now.....:icon_lol:

:gp: ... surprising he ISN'T there right now!

Arthur Little
5th June 2012, 18:14
:gp: ... surprising he ISN'T there right now!

Ah ... work commitments. :rolleyes: Maybe he's an old skinflint!

Dedworth
5th June 2012, 20:02
I was speaking to an old soldier in our local Morrisons on Sunday. Seventy-eight, he is :olddude: ... and he told me he's one of a contingent from his former Regiment, the 'Black Watch' being introduced to HM at Balhousie Castle - its Headquarters in Perth - next month.

I'm surprised the politically correct brigade haven't cottoned on to that famous regiments name and had it erased from the history books

grahamw48
5th June 2012, 23:25
Aye....'Very Dark Blue Watch' now. :NoNo:

Anyway...must be off....got some Brownies to shove in the oven. :)