PDA

View Full Version : young couple needs help about visa to uk

allyn
11th July 2007, 15:44
hi there!
we are young couples who just married last march 2007 here in the philippines...
my husband is a 25 yrs old guy from scotland and im a 24 years old girl from the philippines...

a month after our marriage he went back to scotland and work as a electrical maintenace engineer,
as for me,,,i used to be a domestic helper in hongkong before we got married and now im in a cellphone and electronic stuff trading business

since his work opportunity is over there he prefere me to come there so that we can be together....
but at the moment we are so confuse and puzzled on how i can get a visa to go to Scotland,,,:Cuckoo:
hope theres somebody out there who can advice us on how i can get a visa, coz theres no one we know that can help us...

we hope to hear from you soon,,,,
allan & lyn:BouncyHappy:

KeithD
11th July 2007, 19:44
Search for spouse & fiancee

Peanutz
11th July 2007, 19:54
hi there!
we are young couples who just married last march 2007 here in the philippines...
my husband is a 25 yrs old guy from scotland and im a 24 years old girl from the philippines...

a month after our marriage he went back to scotland and work as a electrical maintenace engineer,
as for me,,,i used to be a domestic helper in hongkong before we got married and now im in a cellphone and electronic stuff trading business

since his work opportunity is over there he prefere me to come there so that we can be together....
but at the moment we are so confuse and puzzled on how i can get a visa to go to Scotland,,,:Cuckoo:
hope theres somebody out there who can advice us on how i can get a visa, coz theres no one we know that can help us...

Hi Allyn welcome to the forum:Hellooo:! You can use the search in this forum and you will find a lot of information on how to get a spouse visa. Goodluck for both of you:D. Be sure to read them all and also take a look at the UKVisas website, I have made a mistake with my application but everything is all sorted out, I was just too excited hehehe (love makes you confuse sometimes). Provide all the requirements they needed and you will be fine!!!

scotsfiancee
11th July 2007, 20:18
hi there!

Oww lovely! another couple again from Scotland :Hellooo:
what part in bonny scotland he lives?

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1017

UK VISA APPLICATION CENTER (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx) (the place where u going to submit your application,guidelines and forms to print and fill up)

You can read all in Threads in Forum : UK VISA/British Citizenship

Also visit Pete's site BRITISH-FILIPINO.COM (http://www.british-filipino.com)

allyn
12th July 2007, 12:23
my husband is from glasgow...
i have additional question...when were not yet married i tried to get a visitor visa when i was still in hongkong and i got denied,,,,
am i going to have a hardtime getting a visa again?:doh
thanks pepz for replying in my thread...
hope to hear from you all again

LadyJ
12th July 2007, 12:28
What was the reason why u got denied?

KeithD
12th July 2007, 12:29
Not using the SEARCH properly :Rasp: :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
12th July 2007, 22:34
i

Yay! glaswegian has the strongest accent eh :cwm24:

Oh i've heard quite few people here who had denied once in trying to get tourist visa but after marriage they applied again and got their spouse visa no problem.

Keep searching and reading here, as all infos has already given to you.

allyn
13th July 2007, 12:18
What was the reason why u got denied?

because they question my economic ties with hongkong and philippines,,,im just a domestic helper (under contract for 2yrs) on that time and even thou tho my husband (my boyfriend on those time) already told them in his letter that he is going to provide me my flight ticket and all the expenses needed when i get there,,,they are not convince that im going back in hongkong or in the philippines or i can support my self when i get there, .....so i got denied....:NoNo::bigcry:
when he found out about it he quickly came to hongkong a meet me....

allyn
13th July 2007, 12:29
Yay! glaswegian has the strongest accent eh :cwm24:

Oh i've heard quite few people here who had denied once in trying to get tourist visa but after marriage they applied again and got their spouse visa no problem.

Keep searching and reading here, as all infos has already given to you.

yes they have strong accent but my husband speak clearly with his accent,,,but i had i hardtime talking on the phone and online with my mother and father inlaw because of their strong accent:doh

but its alright,,,they are very nice, understanding and supportive:BouncyHappy:

thanks for the post,,i feel a little bit better...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
13th July 2007, 17:16
i have additional question...when were not yet married i tried to get a visitor visa when i was still in hongkong and i got denied,,,,

They'll usually look to your new application and as long you provide a very good evidences of your genuine relationship, financial, accomodation etc. you'll be fine....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

skysky
1st August 2007, 16:36
Must be something in the water or just something about scottish girls !

I am from livingston inbetween edinburgh and glasgow and my honey ko will come from cebu.

Our marriage should be 22 jan 2008 and then she will go through the same process for visa to scotland !

:BouncyHappy:

pennybarry
1st August 2007, 20:06

Dear Allyn,
Nice to here you are from Laguna. Same here :). Forget about your visit visa applied before. You can get your spouse visa as long as you have your complete requirements. Please read Byang's post or click this : http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1017
I'll wait you here :BouncyHappy: I have visited Glasgow for few times. Scotland is lovely place. You can send me private message so we can chat thru yahoo.
GOODLUCK!!! you can make it:xxgrinning--00xx3: CHEEP UP !!!

pennybarry
1st August 2007, 20:07
:dohNice To Hear

andypaul
1st August 2007, 21:49
When you get time read though this website and petes which has the link in top right of main forum page. Lots of reading and searching should find you a lot of your answers. Then hit us all with your questions the missus is from Laguna so know its a :xxgrinning--00xx3: place.

allyn
3rd August 2007, 17:40
hello people!!!
thank you all for the messages...
i got my requirements,,,but i dont know if its enought...
we pay quite an amount for the visa and im really nervous for my interview...
anyway,,,thanka guys for all your messages and for the advice and information.....
ms.pennyberry i hope we could chat sometimes

joebloggs
3rd August 2007, 19:17
hello people!!!
thank you all for the messages...
i got my requirements,,,but i dont know if its enought...
we pay quite an amount for the visa and im really nervous for my interview...
anyway,,,thanka guys for all your messages and for the advice and information.....
ms.pennyberry i hope we could chat sometimes

:Hellooo: lyn
where in laguna are you from?, my wife lived in San pedro for many years, until she came to the uk.,

allyn
4th August 2007, 04:47
im from sta. rosa, i know san pedro its just near and i went to college on that place....(San Pedro College of Business Administration)

i have one more question:
what does this question mean " have you ever been married, in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership?":Erm:
Are they asking if i got married before i married my present husband?:Rasp::bigcry::NoNo:

thanks pepz for all your messages

tiger@tigress
4th August 2007, 09:03
im from sta. rosa, i know san pedro its just near and i went to college on that place....(San Pedro College of Business Administration)
i have one more question:
what does this question mean " have you ever been married, in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership?":Erm:
Are they asking if i got married before i married my present husband?:Rasp::bigcry::NoNo:
thanks pepz for all your messages

hmmm i did answer yes then cuz i previously married.. but in your case you are married to you husband

:Hellooo: Welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 10:47
heh?

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 12:30
this is a baldy worded question, and has caught many people out, i think the question means have you been married before :Erm:, but some people have put yes, when they have only been married once !, it shouldn't make much difference what you put thou, as i'm sure the case workers know from your answers to other questions if you have been married before... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

my wife went to University of Perpetual Help Laguna in Santo Nino, its a small world :icon_lol:

allyn
4th August 2007, 14:44
thanks all for the messages,,,,
i dont know what im going to do with out you pepz....

andypaul
4th August 2007, 15:13
this is a baldy worded question, and has caught many people out, i think the question means have you been married before :Erm:, but some people have put yes, when they have only been married once !, it shouldn't make much difference what you put thou, as i'm sure the case workers know from your answers to other questions if you have been married before... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

my wife went to University of Perpetual Help Laguna in Santo Nino, its a small world :icon_lol:

My Missus went there a few years back as well:omg:

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 17:01
My Missus went there a few years back as well:omg:

:omg: my wife went there from about :Erm: 1998 to 2005, then she came to the uk.

this world is getting smaller all the time :D

allyn
4th August 2007, 21:02
:omg: my wife went there from about :Erm: 1998 to 2005, then she came to the uk.

this world is getting smaller all the time :D

really!!! thats nice,,,,i studied in san pedro from 1999 to 2004....

allyn
6th August 2007, 15:02
hi every one!!!
its us again,,,
i went this morning to the extention office of the british embassy in makati,,,
for a walk in interview and to pass my requirement...

i have applied before for a visa to uk in hongkong and it just took 1 day to know the result...

when i get to the embassy here ,im so confuse because they just sorted out my papers and do the biometric....and then they ask me to go out,,,without explaining whats going to happen next....so i ask the security guard,,,and he said i have to wait for 2 to 4 week for a package from them....:omg:

is there some one there who can tell whats going to happen next? after they got my paper,,is it really after 2 to 4 week before i got reply from them?
is that reply for an interview or for a visa already?:Erm:

another thing bothering me is, my husband only sent me a 1month statement of account because he just recently came back in his country,,,is it going to be a problem? the woman who sorted ask me wheres the other statement and i told her the reason,,and after that she didnt say anything,,,i ask her if its going to be a problem but she didnt say anything...she just keep on sorting my papers....:Brick:

well more sleepless night for me....:Cuckoo:

i hope someone out there can give me some advice or answer to those question bothering me...\:Help1:
thanks in advance:)

LadyJ
6th August 2007, 15:16
The processing time for settlement is up to 3 months and it depends how good your supporting documents. You will receive either for an interview or your passport with visa.

1 month of bank statement is not enough, your husband should explain why to his supporting letter.

allyn
6th August 2007, 15:50
thanks ladyj,,,,
can i just submit additional letter or documents when i have a responce to come for an interview?
thaks again...:)

LadyJ
6th August 2007, 16:08
I'm sure they will ask you to provide additional documents, so get things ready.. and my answer to your question is Yes.

mikayla625
6th August 2007, 23:40
Hi. Forget about going to Glasglow on a visitor's visa coz you'll always be denied. They're very suspicious that you'll stay there and won't come back anymore. Even if you show that your partner will pay for everything they're very suspicious of everything.

Regarding visa wife. If you're in the Philippines go to the UK embassy in Manila to apply for spouse visa. When they give you an appointment for interview make sure that you bring some photos of you together, loveletter, your marriage contract etc.

It's easy. Email me if you have anymore questions...

allyn
8th August 2007, 08:59
hi mikyla....
i already went to uk embasy in manila and apply for spouse visa,,,i gave them all our chat advert, pictures and loveletters and documents...but one more thing i was not able to do is photocopy our loveletters...and i gave only 1 month of my husband statement of account coz he just recently came back to uk....will it going to be a problem if i was not able to provide them photo copy of our loveletters before we got married....i also ask the woman who sorted my papers about that photo copy thing but she said it will not be returned...?! if i get interview,,are they going to ask for its copy?
thanks every one for the reply and advice....:)

charlwill
12th August 2007, 12:39
Hi Lyn,
When u apply for a visa they've asked for the original and photo copies of your documents. They will returned the original but not the photo copies coz that will serve as their file. Now, 1 month of bank statement/ or 1 month pay slip is not what they're asking. They're asking for 6 months backward prior for your application. But if they will call you an interview you can supply that. So, whilst you wait for the time of your interview ask that from you husband.

allyn
12th August 2007, 17:03
i have told it to my husband but thats all he can produce since he get back to uk last april,and just got a new job a month ago,,is there anyway we can make his financial look good?
thanks for the message,,,
i know i been asking things over and over again its just...
even tho thanks for your patience...

charlwill
12th August 2007, 20:17
i have told it to my husband but thats all he can produce since he get back to uk last april,and just got a new job a month ago,,is there anyway we can make his financial look good?
thanks for the message,,,
i know i been asking things over and over again its just...
even tho thanks for your patience...

Hhmmm.:Erm::Erm::Erm: If he got some savings then he can use that as a proof that he can support you. Or he can write a letter to british embassy stating the reason about this matter for sure they will understand.
I have a friend with the same story as u've got. I am the one who help them applying for her visa last year. British embassy turned her down for the visa coz of her husband bank statement/pay slip.That time, my friend's husband is losing hope that his wife will come over and share thier life together as a couple and when I spoke to him he said.... I am going to wait 6 months then we will try applying again. So, told the husband to appeal coz it's not cheap to apply again.So, in the end I helped her husband writing a letter for his appeal in tribunal discussing a meaning of life that they should be together.
So, I think that is the best way that your husband can do if time comes. God bless you and wishing u all the best of everything. Keep in touch.

KeithD
12th August 2007, 22:20
Does he gamble? :D :REGamblMoney01HL1:

allyn
13th August 2007, 03:19
Does he gamble? :D :REGamblMoney01HL1:

NO SIR...he dont gamble,,hes a very nice guy,,,the only gamble he did is marrying me...:NoNo:

allyn
13th August 2007, 03:39
Hhmmm.:Erm::Erm::Erm: If he got some savings then he can use that as a proof that he can support you. Or he can write a letter to british embassy stating the reason about this matter for sure they will understand.
I have a friend with the same story as u've got. I am the one who help them applying for her visa last year. British embassy turned her down for the visa coz of her husband bank statement/pay slip.That time, my friend's husband is losing hope that his wife will come over and share thier life together as a couple and when I spoke to him he said.... I am going to wait 6 months then we will try applying again. So, told the husband to appeal coz it's not cheap to apply again.So, in the end I helped her husband writing a letter for his appeal in tribunal discussing a meaning of life that they should be together.
So, I think that is the best way that your husband can do if time comes. God bless you and wishing u all the best of everything. Keep in touch.

can you also help us how to make a letter....please please please....it really getting frustrating for me and my husband....both of us get so pressured that we end up arguing....i love my husband so much,,,if only we can just stay here in the philippines but we both prove that he cant make a living here....when he is here, we tried to apply in some company and agency for work for him and me, but they always reject us, because they said my husband cant speak fluent tagalog,,,(wich is so unfair, theres lots of filipino who is trying so hard to speak english with an accent and they get the job) and he only got tourist visa for 3months...my husband saving got into trouble when he tried to be with me and make a living here in the philippines..
even tho it so hard for the both of us he left me to go back to his country to get a job and since he only have 3 months visa he have no choice....
and when he got a very nice job he ask me to just go there,,,,i really dont care where im going or staying,,i just want to be with my husband....

thanks for the message:BouncyHappy:

tiger@tigress
13th August 2007, 08:18
hi mikyla....
i already went to uk embasy in manila and apply for spouse visa,,,i gave them all our chat advert, pictures and loveletters and documents...but one more thing i was not able to do is photocopy our loveletters...and i gave only 1 month of my husband statement of account coz he just recently came back to uk....will it going to be a problem if i was not able to provide them photo copy of our loveletters before we got married....i also ask the woman who sorted my papers about that photo copy thing but she said it will not be returned...?! if i get interview,,are they going to ask for its copy?
thanks every one for the reply and advice....:)

Good luck to you let us know what happen... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th August 2007, 08:48
We have no idea what 'state' is financial situation is, if he has less than £3000 in there, tell him to add £397 a month cash from a credit card (odd number looks like wages), and pay off the minimum, after the visa process is over, he can pay it all back off.

You should be here for Xmas :)

Some of on here had to wait 2 years, and we are still alive.....just!!!

allyn
13th August 2007, 10:26
sir winwin thank you for the information ,he have that amount in his account but he only gave me july statement of account....1 payslip (since he just started his work) an a contract from the company he is working stating about the annual salary he is going to recieive.....
but im still worried coz they said 6 months statement of account,,,the woman who sorted out my papers ask me why i only have one statement and i told her because she just came back to uk recently....
im really freaking out and so is my hubby...
hayyyyyy.....

mr and mrs tiger and tigress ,,,thanks for the message

joebloggs
13th August 2007, 10:32
We have no idea what 'state' is financial situation is, if he has less than £3000 in there, tell him to add £397 a month cash from a credit card (odd number looks like wages), and pay off the minimum, after the visa process is over, he can pay it all back off.

You should be here for Xmas :)

Some of on here had to wait 2 years, and we are still alive.....just!!!

yes or maybe cheaper to tell him to go and get a loan for £3000 from his bank and repay it over a few years, but that means you will have to wait another 6 months, as you dont want to show the bank statement with the money going in from the bank.

or do as scouser keith says, but soon as you've got your 6 months bank statements, transfer the credit card debt to an interset free credit card , which you might be able to find for up to a year !! or transfer the credit card debt to a bank loan which will be cheaper than the 17%+ credit card charges you.

but 6 months is setting a date, and will not be delayed again, once your here on your spouse visa, you can look for a job, and start to pay off any debts.

i was married more than 2 1/2 years before we applied for a spouse visa, i think thats why they asked my wife to attend an interview :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

allyn
13th August 2007, 11:25
wow,,,thank you pepz for that information,,,

tiger@tigress
13th August 2007, 11:57
mr and mrs tiger and tigress ,,,thanks for the message

:Hellooo: your welcome :Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
13th August 2007, 14:00
hi there!

You can visit this website : www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk:)

melmart
13th August 2007, 17:08
hello there! i think the best way for u to do is look out in the scottish embassy website there in the philippines and know what u can do coz im sure it will tell you what to do since your married already to him u have the right to be with your husband.dont take it too long do something about it.im sure it wont be that hard for you to apply and be with him.i wish u both to be together very soon and im sure u will dont worry!

scotsfiancee
13th August 2007, 18:31
hello there! i think the best way for u to do is look out in the scottish embassy website there in the philippines !

U mean british embassy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
13th August 2007, 20:46
U mean british embassy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Might be a scottish one in a few years time if the snp get there way:rolleyes:

allyn
15th August 2007, 08:41
thank you all...
you are all so supportive...

charlwill
15th August 2007, 10:55
It's a good feeling to share some ideas to the people like you. :D:D:D

richardandjenny
15th August 2007, 11:46
Hi. Forget about going to Glasglow on a visitor's visa coz you'll always be denied. They're very suspicious that you'll stay there and won't come back anymore. Even if you show that your partner will pay for everything they're very suspicious of everything.

oh no:doh thats what i was going to apply for first so my gf gets a vacation here:CompBuster:

michie_jan
27th January 2008, 21:53
hi to all, i just want to have an advice.. im a filipino, married to a british guy. and got a 6 month old baby.. my husband is in UK at the moment, and im thinkin about applying for a settlement visa, ive got all the necessary documents needed, but im still not sure if the ECO will be satisfied from all of this documents. U think im capable of getting a UK settlement visa? to think that weve got our daughter is it an advantage? one thing, does my 6 month old baby need to have a UK visa? Thank you so much for you help

KeithD
27th January 2008, 22:12
hi to all, i just want to have an advice.. im a filipino, married to a british guy. and got a 6 month old baby.. my husband is in UK at the moment, and im thinkin about applying for a settlement visa, ive got all the necessary documents needed, but im still not sure if the ECO will be satisfied from all of this documents. U think im capable of getting a UK settlement visa? to think that weve got our daughter is it an advantage? one thing, does my 6 month old baby need to have a UK visa? Thank you so much for you help

Start a NEW THREAD :xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
17th March 2008, 23:51
:Hellooo: lyn
where in laguna are you from?, my wife lived in San pedro for many years, until she came to the uk.,

hi...joebloggs...i am from san pedro laguna as well same as ur wife..may be we know each other ( ur wife ):xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby said he will never get lost in san pedro as long as the two chickens is there saying " welcome to san pedro" good day:)

joebloggs
18th March 2008, 12:32
hi...joebloggs...i am from san pedro laguna as well same as ur wife..may be we know each other ( ur wife ):xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby said he will never get lost in san pedro as long as the two chickens is there saying " welcome to san pedro" good day:)

me misses use to live at camella, milan , san pedro

if you ever saw me, you wouldn't forget me for a few reasons :Erm: ... :yikes:.. :D

flomike
18th March 2008, 20:41
me misses use to live at camella, milan , san pedro

if you ever saw me, you wouldn't forget me for a few reasons :Erm: ... :yikes:.. :D

oh me and your wife almost neighbour then!!!! i live in Ma aurora hghts subd and we just had our holiday in san pedro last xmas and early jan 2008...well, we might see you there then :Erm: one day! :Cuckoo: