PDA

View Full Version : Sickening - Bonuses still paid to UKBA Staff

Dedworth
1st June 2012, 15:37
One in four senior civil servants at the troubled UK Border Agency received bonuses of up to £7,000 last year, figures showed today.

Despite criticism over border controls and the backlog of asylum seeker a fifth took home a bonus of between £4,500 and £5,000, while one in 25 pocketed bonuses of between £5,000 and £7,000 for work carried out in 2010/11.

The figures were released by the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee.

The sums were paid out despite the a recommendation in January 2011 from the committee, which is chaired by Labour MP Keith Vaz, that no bonuses should be paid to senior staff.

Today Mr Vaz called for the practice of making pay-outs "in the midst of failures" to cease.

But Dame Helen Ghosh, the Permanent Secretary at the Home Office, said the data showed that the percentage and size of bonuses paid to staff have "reduced substantially" over the last four years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9305371/One-in-four-UK-Border-Agency-staff-received-bonuses-of-up-to-7000.html

lastlid
1st June 2012, 18:57
Performance related? :laugher:

malchard888
1st June 2012, 20:24
Performance related? :laugher:

Imagine if they didnt get these performance related bonuses then FLR and ILR applications might take years instead of months, perish the thought :furious3:

lastlid
1st June 2012, 21:41
Imagine if they didnt get these performance related bonuses then FLR and ILR applications might take years instead of months, perish the thought :furious3:

I agree. But I don't believe it takes many man hours to process a spouse or fiancee visa application.

bigmarco
1st June 2012, 23:08
Nice to see that our visa fees are being put to good use :laugher:

tiger31
2nd June 2012, 04:33
is this the reason i have to pay 947 quid for an unmarried partner visa this is outragous how can they justify a price like that. oh sorry sir we need our bonuses at your expense.