PDA

View Full Version : Booking flights for missus

John_10
31st May 2012, 20:32
Hi to everyone.. this is John just wanted to let you know what is going on at the moment.
Maricris got her spouse visa... so many many thanks to everyone here on the forum for your help. Its now time for me to book her flights from manila to manchester. I have been looking on skyscanner and kayak as recommended by forum members... found some good flights, but the connection wait times can be a long time.....but hopefuly all being well Maricris will be here in the UK by the 27th of June.
Once again many thanks to everyone for making this happen.

Moy
31st May 2012, 20:36
:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

stevie c
31st May 2012, 20:42
:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

raynaputi
31st May 2012, 21:04
Congrats! :Jump:

lastlid
31st May 2012, 21:07
Have you looked at Etihad to Manchester. I flew them last year. Just a few hours stopover en route.

mikey73
31st May 2012, 21:12
congratulations:Jump:

bigmarco
31st May 2012, 21:23
Many congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

John_10
31st May 2012, 23:04
Thanks everyone...lastlid Etihad was one of the places were the good flights were...just the wait between flights can be manny hours. but will book the flight friday.

Thanks everyone

grahamw48
1st June 2012, 00:08
Best of luck John. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My Etihad flight (Manchester) only had a 3 hour stopover...good price and service too.

I just went to Thomas Cook on the high street.
You might be surprised at the minimal difference in price compared with all the online people you've never heard of and can't actually do business with face to face. :rolleyes:

Miss Taurus
1st June 2012, 00:33
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congrats!:Jump:

melovesengland
1st June 2012, 07:37
:Jump::Jump::Jump: congrats! two hearts will be reunited soon! :tresamoureux:

Terpe
1st June 2012, 09:57
Hi to everyone.. this is John just wanted to let you know what is going on at the moment.
Maricris got her spouse visa... so many many thanks to everyone here on the forum for your help. Its now time for me to book her flights from manila to manchester. I have been looking on skyscanner and kayak as recommended by forum members... found some good flights, but the connection wait times can be a long time.....but hopefuly all being well Maricris will be here in the UK by the 27th of June.
Once again many thanks to everyone for making this happen.

Wonderful news John & Maricris :Jump:

Soon be together for a new chapter and a new future. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marie
1st June 2012, 10:51
Congratulations!!!

irishman12
1st June 2012, 18:21
emirates also fly to manchester via dubai --they have between 3 hr and 9hr stopover -unfortunately i choose the 9hr with free hotel:)

alan/maleiya
1st June 2012, 20:45
Congrats for both you,s / my wife arrived here on the 27th Jan it was with emirates to Glasgow it was just a 2 hour 40 min stop over in Dub:hubbahubba:

alan/maleiya
1st June 2012, 20:51
Congrats for both you,s / my wife arrived here on the 27th Jan it was with emirates to Glasgow it was just a 2 hour 40 min stop over in Dub:hubbahubba:

my big fat fingers hit the wrong buttons on this post it wad Dubai ,don't know where I went wrong :D need bigger buttons on this phone

John_10
3rd June 2012, 07:58
Thanks everyone for your help and advice, the missus's tickets are booked is ther anything that i need to know before Maricris travals to the uk, i paied by debit card they say on the website they will want to see the original card, thats not going to be possable, so would it be ok to scan it along with my drivers license and bio-page of my passport, plust a few words explaining I book the flights in the uk.
Other than that i cant think of anything.
Many thanks
John

Iani
3rd June 2012, 17:16
Hi John

Firstly huge congrats again.

Secondly, regarding this credit card authorisation thing. I don't know about other airlines, but I have done something similar with Etihad. It does say on their website, that if the card is not available, then a copy of both sides, with your signature authorising it's use will suffice. You could mail her this and she could get it printed out.

What however I would recommend doing, is phoning their customer services, with her booking reference, and explaining what you've done. They will then be able to tell you what you need to do. You may have to go to the airport, with her printout of her booking, and of course your card, and they can then authorise it over their systems - which is of course obviously linked worldwide to their central system. They might also have a different easier thing to do. This must have happened before, so there will be a way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
3rd June 2012, 17:26
Surely a Debit Card purchase would be treated as the same as cash, since the money comes straight out of your bank account and there is no way you can cancel it. :Erm:

Credit card purchase is altogether different.

BoholoX
3rd June 2012, 17:30
Hi John

Firstly huge congrats again.

Secondly, regarding this credit card authorisation thing. I don't know about other airlines, but I have done something similar with Etihad. It does say on their website, that if the card is not available, then a copy of both sides, with your signature authorising it's use will suffice. You could mail her this and she could get it printed out.

What however I would recommend doing, is phoning their customer services, with her booking reference, and explaining what you've done. They will then be able to tell you what you need to do. You may have to go to the airport, with her printout of her booking, and of course your card, and they can then authorise it over their systems - which is of course obviously linked worldwide to their central system. They might also have a different easier thing to do. This must have happened before, so there will be a way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I second this, do everything possible to alert all parties in advance if the card cannot be produced at check-in, it wouldnt be the first time that the person has been stopped from departing, good luck.

irishman12
3rd June 2012, 17:30
It should be similar to the philippines -have booked lots of flights for relatives there and they require credit card -sojust scan and send by e-mail to the passenger ,only cebu pacific dont require this

John_10
9th June 2012, 17:41
Hi all...did what you said I contacted Ethiad here at Manchester Airport..and all i needed to do was scan the front and the back of the card then send to the missus..just pen over the security numbers.
Only 2 and a half weeks to go and the missus will be here.
Many thanks everyone

John