PDA

View Full Version : Child Passport Requirements

Johnthelaw
10th July 2007, 20:06
Hello All,
I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me with advice.
My beautiful Filipina lady has just had confirmed what we have known for a couple of months. She is going to make me a proud Dad again. We had planned to marry in the Autumn in the Phillipines in any event but now I am more determined than ever to make "an honest woman" of her!
Has anyone had experience of registering a child, born in the Phillipines, for British citizenship.
Many Thanks in advance,
John

eljean
10th July 2007, 20:34
yeah through the British embassy of manila...

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029459735332

and for the passport heres the requirements:

FIRST TIME APPLICATION (under 16 years old):
Please submit ORIGINAL documents.

1) Completed C2 Form;
2) 2 Photos (see photo guidelines)
3) Philippine Birth Certificate on NSO security paper;
4) Parents’ Birth Certificate (United Kingdom Long Birth Certificate for British Citizen parent, if born in the Philippines, Birth Certificate on NSO);
5) Parent’s Marriage document (NSO version if married in the Philippines)
6) For parents: Divorce Decree/Death Certificate of spouse (if applicable)
7) Home Office Certificate of Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen (if applicable)

Johnthelaw
11th July 2007, 18:35
Dear Eljean,
Many thanks for your helpful reply to my queary and for the link. It doesn't sound too complicated which makes a pleasant change.
Best Wishes,
John

scotsfiancee
11th July 2007, 20:25
Hey come 'on give eljean more rep, she deserves it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charitz
12th July 2007, 05:34
hi eljean. we've done it with our twins. its not complicated, just a bit expensive for us :D. it took about a month til we got their papers.

charitz
12th July 2007, 05:37
i mean, its for Johnthelaw :). sorry eljean :D.

eljean
12th July 2007, 08:17
:Rasp:no probs