PDA

View Full Version : Language Misunderstandings

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 10:45
Sometimes Mar will say something that is "Filipino English" and i don't have a clue about . . . . and i gotta ask "what did u mean:?" lol!

I just wanted to ask the community .. . .

What Weird Things Has Your Wife/Girlfriend/Fiancee/Boyfriend/Husband said that has caused you to go :Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm: ??

I look forward to hearing some funnies!

Tom:BouncyHappy:

andypaul
10th July 2007, 21:22
Cant think of the crazy sayings the missus says at the moment. But now the missus has been here two years she now sometimes starts speaking in a west london gangsta stylee, but with a phill twang which just sounds umm bizzare:Erm:

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 21:24
haha! i can only imagine! i have a friend who is from malaysia but lives in ealing and she always says "IZZIT" lol, ive deduced that this is a peculiarly london saying! lol!

andypaul
10th July 2007, 22:59
Izzit, init both drive me crazy.

bigtombowski
11th July 2007, 00:20
i heard rather a lot of "innit" when i lived in Pakist . .. oops, i mean Birmingham! lol!

in fact my ex-gal used to say "innit" a lot along with her ebonic slang!

drives me ballistic

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 22:56
i thought this would be a thread that would have at least a few funny things on it! LoL!

I was WRONG! LoL!

alan,
you're a scholar of our beautiful tongue, and also of the english language . . .
(LOL)

what can YOU contribute mate?

tom

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:05
The hubbys too scared to say anything.

One thing i wondered is why all phills seem to say coz instead of because either in writing or speech.

The missus confuses the hell out of the tesco checkout ladies by saying "plastics" for carrier bag.

in the chippie the missus asks for a codfish and potato chips which threw the people behind the counter the first few times she asked for it.

Also in a resturant the boss was waiting for the food while i paid for it in a cafe and the assitant looked baffled so i asked if everything ok the wife said "he can't find the spag"

Alan
7th August 2007, 00:13
First time Hanna said 'I need a load' - I thought my luck was in there!!!!!!!

Bloody mobile phones!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:14
wot is a spag?

plastics i can understand, and also codfish . ..

lol

it's all good
apart from spaG! wot#s that?

and andy,
i too say "coz" LoL!

It's a "young people's thing" ;)

tom

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:15

U DIRTY GIT! lol

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:25

Its a cell not a mobile if its a phill speaking when out in phill i would say nice mobile and get a look of :Erm:

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:27
wot is a spag?

plastics i can understand, and also codfish . ..

lol

it's all good
apart from spaG! wot#s that?

and andy,
i too say "coz" LoL!

It's a "young people's thing" ;)

tom

It comes in bags, students live on it and people like to twirl it on a fork:omg:

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:28
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
they prob thought YOU were the perv! LoL!

hahahahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

t

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:28
It comes in bags, students live on it and people like to twirl it on a fork:omg:

ahhhh me getz

it's

Bisgetti!!! :D:D:D

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:29
U DIRTY GIT! lol

What happens when your gf and a friend say they wanna share a load with you:omg:

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:29
then i wake up

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:31
then i wake up

U might be glad to wake up if its her buckla friend:icon_lol:

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:32
most of her friends are seriously gwapa and hey .. . helll gwapo too! LoL! ;)

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:34
Although its also used by our yankie doodle friends, when the missus starts talking about what pants to wear with your mates present who are all a little tipsy it can get strange.

andypaul
7th August 2007, 00:36
most of her friends are seriously gwapa and hey .. . helll gwapo too! LoL! ;)

they gwapa and gwapo that makes them pretty lady pretty boys:Erm:

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 01:01
YES! all her friends are pretty gals and boys!

richardandjenny
14th August 2007, 20:09
jenny confused me for about a week asking for "plastic" for plastic bags:Cuckoo:
and "click click" for photo always raises a smile.:)
and shouting "load" at a shop keeper:Rasp:

otherwords are made up "mahaling" etc lol

Shifty-Sidney
14th August 2007, 20:19
Can you imagine a Fillipna in Barnsley!!!:yikes:

KeithD
14th August 2007, 21:11
I wouldn't want to imagine Barnsley for starters :rolleyes:

silver13
14th August 2007, 21:48
Anilyn said we need some new rubbers, I thought my luck was in too but turned out she was saying we need a new pair of trainers each :)

silver13
14th August 2007, 21:53
As in Tagalog there is no real work for He or She and there is no attempt to distinguise between male and female in most conversations, Anilyn still struggles saying things like "I have good news Mahal Ko, My Sister Michelle, He is Pregnant!!!!"

Hi Tom :) That good enough for ya mate, Iniit good? Been busy so not many posts for now, Anilyn will be here for the house inspection on Saturday :)

Shifty-Sidney
14th August 2007, 22:00
Can we stop the he / she debate! its making me nervous and very slightly confused lol

Shifty-Sidney
14th August 2007, 22:01
Now then Kieth, nothing bad ever came out of Barnsley! - nothing good either come to think of it hahahaahah

bigtombowski
14th August 2007, 22:10
Can we stop the he / she debate! its making me nervous and very slightly confused lol

just ur situation mate ;)

we all aren't in the whole ladyboy dilemma ;)

:D:D

u know im on your side

bigtombowski
14th August 2007, 22:10
Now then Kieth, nothing bad ever came out of Barnsley! - nothing good either come to think of it hahahaahah

parky?

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 07:58
when you say you need load for your mobile it is the same as you need credits to your mobile

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 08:11
when you're in the Philippines and your gf or a friend says she wants to share a load with you - it means she is going to pass a load or credits from her mobile phone to your mobile phone by texting the amount needed and your mobile number. The filipio term is "pasa load"... ( Pass a load).

charlwill
15th August 2007, 11:07

This is the common MISTAKE of filipina. When telling the stories they mix the HE & the SHE.:Erm::doh:Brick:

gracia143
15th August 2007, 16:56
This is the common MISTAKE of filipina. When telling the stories they mix the HE & the SHE.:Erm::doh:Brick:

That's because I was out all day picking guava fruits when I was supposed to be inside the classroom listening to my teacher discussing this so called pronouns, third person singular/personal:NoNo::Erm:... Init?:D

5olidsnake
15th August 2007, 17:41
cynthia always calls everyone "she", now i understand.
i tried teaching her masculine and feminine but failed

bigtombowski
15th August 2007, 20:27
its cute and lovely and part of the charm :)

t

Shifty-Sidney
15th August 2007, 21:52
:Hellooo:
You are just a big softy really arnt you Tom. Maybe we should change yr name to Bigtomblouseky!!! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Only jokin, keep it up mate - oops forgot its single beds hehehe

LEAHnew
16th August 2007, 12:26
bigtom....
ur making me nervous about saying pakist....instead Birmingham.....hmmmm can u give me idea about Brummie pips...