PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Go To England?

Aira
10th July 2007, 04:51
I have a boyfriend who's from England. He came over for a holiday on 29 April and went home on the 2nd of June. We've been wanting to be together and I've been trying to look for a job in UK through the internet. It's frustrating! I don't think it is possible for me to get a work permit.

I do not know what we could do for us to be able to be together in England to save up for our future.

KeithD
10th July 2007, 08:37
You have a boyfriend and want a work permit? :Erm: Is this love thing a job then? Is he paying you for being a girlfriend, as we call them prostitutes here? :doh

If not then you do not need a work visa. Fiancee or spouse are all you can get.

Peanutz
10th July 2007, 09:10
I have a boyfriend who's from England. He came over for a holiday on 29 April and went home on the 2nd of June. We've been wanting to be together and I've been trying to look for a job in UK through the internet. It's frustrating! I don't think it is possible for me to get a work permit.

I do not know what we could do for us to be able to be together in England to save up for our future.

Maybe your BF should sort it out to bring you in UK with him. If he is in love with you and you want to be together the best way is to apply for fiancè visa or spouse visa. Forget the job hunting at the moment. If you and your fiancè get plans to get married then you can apply for spouse visa which given will enable you to work once you get in UK. Otherwise work permit is soooo difficult to attain (unless you are a very high skilled worker), specially now with the immigration flood of new EU citizens.

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 10:42
peanutz, i just noticed u r located in italy!

cool

bonjourno!

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 10:57
Aira, do you plan to marry your BF?

kentish
10th July 2007, 14:02
How Can I Go To England?

Fly by plane, certainly not by sailing.

KeithD
10th July 2007, 14:20
Google Maps says swim :Erm:

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 21:26
supercilious folks here ;)

Aira
11th July 2007, 04:04
It's almost impossible and it's depressing. Thanks for your replies though.

pennybarry
11th July 2007, 06:40
Don't be depress:omg:. If there's a will there's a way:xxgrinning--00xx3: Just tell how can we give you good advised. :)

KeithD
11th July 2007, 08:41
Just find yourself a nice whiteboy to marry :Rasp:

Peanutz
11th July 2007, 09:31
peanutz, i just noticed u r located in italy!

cool

bonjourno!

:Hellooo:Si Tombowski I live in Italy, buongiorno!!!
Ciao:D

bigtombowski
11th July 2007, 10:27
i can only say "give me 10 pizza and NO I'm not Pavorotti" in italian ;)

can u speak italian??

Aira
11th July 2007, 12:22
Don't be depress:omg:. If there's a will there's a way:xxgrinning--00xx3: Just tell how can we give you good advised. :)
I'm trying to get a work visa but the requirements are just impossible to meet because of this EU thing.

hilda_danao
11th July 2007, 15:23
Hi Aira! Make him miss you so much and long to be with you. then he will propose and you can apply for fiancee visa. hehe. or maybe he needs to save money first for your future then he can get you from Phil. it's so hard to come here in UK if you don't apply as a nurse or the likes... what sort of job do you intend to work?

Peanutz
11th July 2007, 19:38
i can only say "give me 10 pizza and NO I'm not Pavorotti" in italian ;)

can u speak italian??

Yes I can speak Italiano Tom, I work as a Court and Prosecutors Interpreter. Living here for almost 20 years and I already embraced the Italian way of living!
Pizza,pasta e pane aglio'olio e non dimentichiamo del VINO!

bigtombowski
11th July 2007, 23:29
impressive! You lived there since i was 5 years old!

joebloggs
12th July 2007, 01:04
impressive! You lived there since i was 5 years old!

5 years old, :omg: your only 7 years older than my stepson :yikes: makes me feel old now :bigcry::cwm3::Help1:

peanutz, you've lived in Italy for 20 years :omg:, couldn't you find your passport to get out :D or they not let you out :Rasp:

in the uk there is the 14 year rule, if you've lived in the uk illegally for 14 years, you can be granted ILR, hmm i wonder what your entitled to after 20 years of living in Italy :Erm: and did you need to go thru all your visa nightmare :yikes:

well its all over now :xxgrinning--00xx3:, good luck on your big day lady :D

bigtombowski
12th July 2007, 01:08
lol, im happy to be young! serves as a good excuse when i need one ;)

Aira
12th July 2007, 04:29
Hi Aira! Make him miss you so much and long to be with you. then he will propose and you can apply for fiancee visa. hehe. or maybe he needs to save money first for your future then he can get you from Phil. it's so hard to come here in UK if you don't apply as a nurse or the likes... what sort of job do you intend to work?

I have a degree in Psychology so contrary to the first reply here, I am not a prostitute. Anyway, the reason why I want a work visa is that we don't intend to settle in the UK. We just think that if we both work there, we can save up and buy a property here in the Philippines.

Peanutz
12th July 2007, 09:06
I have a degree in Psychology so contrary to the first reply here, I am not a prostitute. Anyway, the reason why I want a work visa is that we don't intend to settle in the UK. We just think that if we both work there, we can save up and buy a property here in the Philippines.

The best thing you can do is get your fiance to marry you apply for spouse visa and get in UK to work, save money and go back to PHIL, that may solved your problem. There is no much easier way than this.

Peanutz
12th July 2007, 09:20
5 years old, :omg: your only 7 years older than my stepson :yikes: makes me feel old now :bigcry::cwm3::Help1:

peanutz, you've lived in Italy for 20 years :omg:, couldn't you find your passport to get out :D or they not let you out :Rasp:

in the uk there is the 14 year rule, if you've lived in the uk illegally for 14 years, you can be granted ILR, hmm i wonder what your entitled to after 20 years of living in Italy :Erm: and did you need to go thru all your visa nightmare :yikes:

well its all over now :xxgrinning--00xx3:, good luck on your big day lady :D

I got my ILR=Carta di soggiorno a long time ago Joe, but since I have no need to apply for my citizenship until I met my future hubby, I never listen to my Mom & friends who keep on telling me to apply for my citizenship, I neglect doing this things cause I was not really interested at that time (and was so busy working) I didn't do it and that was a big mistake:bigcry:. I know I should have applied for citizenship as I am already entitled it's just we don't think of this things when you don't have current need of it. I will apply for my citizenship before moving in UK. I am already preparing all the necessary documents. the only documents that I will need is my NBI clearance from Phil and BC, I informed how much it will cost for this documents and the Consulate office told me that NBI will costs €65:omg:.
Anyway, most probs are already sorted out for my visa, UK embassy allowed me to send them via fax my marriage certificate after my wedding! I am just waiting for my wedding to be celebrated and send it to them e voilà soon I will be moving in UK!:Hellooo:hehehe, do you think I should take a course for Scousers and Mancs language?:D:icon_lol:

Peanutz
12th July 2007, 09:22
lol, im happy to be young! serves as a good excuse when i need one ;)

Bugger!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
12th July 2007, 10:31
is that a request or a command peanutz? ;)

joebloggs
12th July 2007, 10:54
I got my ILR=Carta di soggiorno a long time ago Joe, but since I have no need to apply for my citizenship until I met my future hubby, I never listen to my Mom & friends who keep on telling me to apply for my citizenship, I neglect doing this things cause I was not really interested at that time (and was so busy working) I didn't do it and that was a big mistake:bigcry:. I know I should have applied for citizenship as I am already entitled it's just we don't think of this things when you don't have current need of it. I will apply for my citizenship before moving in UK. I am already preparing all the necessary documents. the only documents that I will need is my NBI clearance from Phil and BC, I informed how much it will cost for this documents and the Consulate office told me that NBI will costs €65:omg:.
Anyway, most probs are already sorted out for my visa, UK embassy allowed me to send them via fax my marriage certificate after my wedding! I am just waiting for my wedding to be celebrated and send it to them e voilà soon I will be moving in UK!:Hellooo:hehehe, do you think I should take a course for Scousers and Mancs language?:D:icon_lol:

you don't want to have the mis-fortune of meeting scousers, if you meet someone and you dont understand what they're saying its either a socuser or a pole, so your'e best bet is to just shake your head and run...

bigtombowski
12th July 2007, 12:32
haha! you're sounding like my mom now lol!

Peanutz
13th July 2007, 09:23
you don't want to have the mis-fortune of meeting scousers, if you meet someone and you dont understand what they're saying its either a socuser or a pole, so your'e best bet is to just shake your head and run...
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:I will try my best ...

Peanutz
13th July 2007, 09:27
is that a request or a command peanutz? ;)

Can't it be both??? bugger! bugger!:icon_lol::D

joebloggs
13th July 2007, 13:36

good you earned a degree in psychology, but thats been the degree many students have chosen to do here, my neice has just passed her combined psychology/french degree, even i nearly did an open uni degree in psychology, there is no shortage of students with that degree in the uk, and infact the OU told me something like 70%+ of students dont get a job which is relevant to thier psychology degree.

not much demand here unless its in Clinical Psychology or Psychiatry

bigtombowski
13th July 2007, 23:00
Can't it be both??? bugger! bugger!:icon_lol::D

I'll take both :D

request and demand, im happy with that . . . bugger! lol

:D:D:D:D:D:D

bigtombowski
13th July 2007, 23:04
re: psychology degree

I agree with wot Joe said .. . in fact 2 b a Clinical Psychologist, you'll need to get a PhD,
Yo be a Psychiatrist, you'll need to go back to the drawing board and start a medical degree!

Many of the folks who work with me selling telecoms here are Psychology graduates lol!!!

Maybe consider teaching? :) if you like that idea then it could be a good route for you coz i know that you could come here as a "highly skilled" worker :)

pennybarry
14th July 2007, 06:07
Aira,
If you are in Italy and holding Schengen Passport, I think you can find a job here. Our company is hiring workers from Schengen countries like Poland, Portugal,and Spain.

joebloggs
14th July 2007, 08:06
i'm not so sure that she could use HSMP (Highly skilled migrant programme), as for Teachers it available for All posts in England covering compulsory schooling !!!, psychology i wouldnt have thought was compulsory, also i think you might need experience of teaching in the uk, but if you do qualifiy for HSMP, you dont need a workpermit to work here. try a online HSMP calculator like

http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/points_calc/hsmp_points_calculator.php

see if you quailify :xxgrinning--00xx3:

funny thing is my wife doesn't ! and shes a doctor with 2 degrees :omg:

graceylacey
15th November 2007, 10:16
Hello Aira! If you're Interpreter experience is long enough and you think you can qualif for the Highly Skilled Programme of UK Immigration, you can apply for that. Also, try to look for some Law Offices or Court Offices and apply to them directly. You can tell them about your relevant experience in Italy. Just try.

Btw, are an interpreter of Italian to Filipino and English and vice-versa? After all, there are many Filipinos here but not going to jail tho. THere are also Italians. :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

kimmi
15th November 2007, 12:09
ooooppppsss...I guess we're having confusions here..

Sis Peanutz is the one who had worked as an Interpreter and now in Italy and the one who's asking this question is Aira who was graduate of Psychology..

can somebody help me check if I am right? I got confuse..

help....:)

KeithD
15th November 2007, 12:20
How Can I Go To England?

Same as all other immigrants....start in Nigeria, move up to Morocco....get in a boat...land in spain....the authorities transport you to France.....the French put you on Eurostar......VOILA!!!! You're in the UK!!!

ginapeterb
15th November 2007, 12:57
Same as all other immigrants....start in Nigeria, move up to Morocco....get in a boat...land in spain....the authorities transport you to France.....the French put you on Eurostar......VOILA!!!! You're in the UK!!!

How can I get out of this country ? they want to come in, i WANT TO GET OUT....WESTMINSTER CITY COUNCIL PARKING ATTENDANTS ALL CAME FROM THE SAHARA....

aromulus
15th November 2007, 13:31
How can I get out of this country ? they want to come in, i WANT TO GET OUT....WESTMINSTER CITY COUNCIL PARKING ATTENDANTS ALL CAME FROM THE SAHARA....

So, if you don't want a parking ticket and not pay any congestion charges get yourself a camel.........:D

Around earl's Court, the parking nazis go out in packs of 3...:doh
Witnessed one incident last march, a bloke with a disabled sticker could not make himself understood because of the sudden language barrier, the lack of common sense, humanity and sheer single-mindedness.:NoNo: Tried to intervene on his behalf, but this particular warden wasn't having none of it.
The bloke's "crime"???? Unloading his wife's wheelchair....:NoNo:

walesrob
15th November 2007, 13:34

Why does The Eagles Hotel California come to mind......You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave :rolleyes:

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 13:39
haha

eula mackay
16th November 2007, 12:27
you can apply for a tourist visa but you cant work.

if you apply for a fiance visa, you come over, get married then apply for flr. once you are granted, you can start work. then you could save up. once you think you have enough on your savings then you can go back to the phils.

this is the best way i could think of, unless of course someone has a trick up their sleeve.

good luck!