PDA

View Full Version : I think he's a scammer.

grahamw48
25th May 2012, 14:48
My fiancee asked me to check out a guy who her workmate is chatting to on one of the dating sites.

Here is a copy and paste of his profile resume:

’m single and simple man,describe myself as an open mind person,reliable, independent, hard working someone who enjoys the simple things in life, also a passionate man but very gentle , warm understanding, a little playful, romantic, sensual and funny witty but serious when needed to be, I am always up for a new experience or just something different, love family and friends and also children,I’m originally from UK by Citizenship.I graduated from St George's University of London.After my PHD degree i start work! I am a pilot working with British Airways.I was once married until last three years when I lost my wife.Her death hurts me so much, I’m fun loving, intellectual conservative, but am finding it a bit more difficult to meet reliable people here.I love listening to live music, going to comedy clubs, events at the fringe, and also having a nice meal, nice wine and watching DVD s at home. , but have lived in Australia for 10 years.passionate and political and i love nothing but Good with honest I want to meet a Female
with age from 29 to 80
and I want to meet for Friendship, Romance, Marriage or Other.

I'm look for someone warm caring and honest. Someone who is open to new ideas and willing to let there hair down. I would like to get to know anyone, anywhere in the world, as I feel I can experience different cultures and tastes from around the world. The internet makes big distances totally insignificant. Would like to meet a nice warm caring attractive lady who like me is looking for a serious relationship and like me is easygoing with. I am looking for a loving woman who is looking for a long term relationship or marriage. I admire truth and honesty. I do not mind if you have children.

I think he's a scammer (Nigerian?).

I expect an Airline Pilot with a PhD to be able to at least write grammatically-correct English. :rolleyes:

His height and weight are also listed as 5'11" and 55kgs....which doesn't fit in with his photo, as it doesn't show someone dying of starvation. :NoNo:

He's also provided a couple of phone numbers (which I won't now be phoning) to check on him. He asked for mine in return....don't think so.

Am I being too harsh folks ?

joebloggs
25th May 2012, 14:51
he's sounds like he's mr perfect :rolleyes:, educated, airline pilot, witty . sounds too good to be true :rolleyes::icon_lol:

Dedworth
25th May 2012, 15:00
Mr Nigerian Beanpole :icon_lol: - I'd expect BA to give him his P45 after his next medical

grahamw48
25th May 2012, 15:06
he's sounds like he's mr perfect :rolleyes:, educated, airline pilot, witty . sounds too good to be true :rolleyes::icon_lol:

Yes, and by comparison I'm a mere uneducated peasant, but I can usually manage more than half a dozen words of my first sentence before committing a grammatical faux pas in my own bloody language. :ReadIt:

bigmarco
25th May 2012, 15:21
English doesn't seem to be his first language. Although you can learn a lot more if you actually speak to them. I'd be tempted to phone

Terpe
25th May 2012, 15:51
I agree with above comments.
Graham, your instinct is almost certainly correct in that this is a scam set up.

The grammar, the way it reads and topics all out of place.
So many scammers are pilots with top top educations.

This profile only adds up to one thing in my experience scammers and spammers

No offence just my 2 centavos worth

imagine
25th May 2012, 17:30
grammer hes a fail :icon_lol:

han
25th May 2012, 17:48
I just remember this documentary in Channel 4 oD:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/419-the-internet-romance-scam/4od

lastlid
25th May 2012, 18:07
St Georges University. Never heard of it. :Erm:

lastlid
25th May 2012, 18:09
I take that back. Just googled it. :icon_sorry:

grahamw48
25th May 2012, 18:09
Well obviously I've offered my opinion for my Fiancee to pass along.

I've also asked her NOT to give any of MY personal details to this person. :)

There are probably just as many male scammers and general low-lifes on these dating sites as there are female ones....emailing pictures of their genitalia etc. :NoNo:

irishman12
26th May 2012, 21:23
He's also provided a couple of phone numbers (which I won't now be phoning) to check on him. He asked for mine in return....don't think so. who wrote this? phoning?

grahamw48
26th May 2012, 21:37
My Fiancee's friend had asked if I could phone the guy....or MEET him :rolleyes:, which he'd said he was willing to do to re-assure her he was genuine, and gave his phone number....which of course I haven't rung.

Funny how his profile has now disappeared off the dating site. :)

It wasn't long ago that one of our Filipina members was scammed into parting with money from some guy who was supposedly on his way to meet her, but sadly was locked up in Malaysia or somewhere (yeah right) and urgently needed money to secure his release ?...something like that anyway.

That's what can happen after ladies fall for these :censored:s B/S. :NoNo:

irishman12
26th May 2012, 22:50
sorry graham -i misread ur post

franwspac
18th June 2012, 12:26
May be some more conversations and couple of phone calls would really sort this issue of being a real person or a fake,I think you should fix a meeting and lets see if he shows up there or not.