PDA

View Full Version : LBC in UK

Moy
25th May 2012, 14:20
anyone knows here a direct shop that cater LBC to send a package in PH..he dont want to go over via person or agent that arrange to send balikbayan box to ph and am confuse to what to do:cwm23::cwm24: i dont uunderstand him at all..its like to where i live now there is someone who cater to send a balikbayan box in PH but he says it might be cheaper to send it direct viA LBC:doh WHICH I CANT find any direct shop in our place..
or any cheaper way AND SAFER of sending package too Philippines even if not LBC

can someone help me:rolleyes:

melovesengland
25th May 2012, 15:17
http://www.belwooduk.co.uk/balikbayan-boxes/our-prices This one is owned by a filipina from Cebu. They will send and collect your box from your house. Give them a ring Moy! this is what I used when I sent a box to the PI last year when I was there, it arrived a bit late but cheap so I dont mind really.

http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK/ Try to ring LBC or send them an email bout your querries, I think they will send and collect your box same as Belwood.

Steve.r
25th May 2012, 15:36
Didn't I give you Chris's phone number? :Erm:

Dedworth
25th May 2012, 15:47
http://www.belwooduk.co.uk/balikbayan-boxes/our-prices This one is owned by a filipina from Cebu. They will send and collect your box from your house. Give them a ring Moy! this is what I used when I sent a box to the PI last year when I was there, it arrived a bit late but cheap so I dont mind really.

I just had a look at that and see they charge £2 per kg if you put over 30/50kg in Medium & Large boxes. I don't think Mrs D would be happy with that she has a target weight of about 100kg on the large ones :D

jonnijon
25th May 2012, 15:54
Belwood dont really worry about weight,ive used them many times with real :censored: busters and they not complain.

melovesengland
25th May 2012, 15:56
I just had a look at that and see they charge £2 per kg if you put over 30/50kg in Medium & Large boxes. I don't think Mrs D would be happy with that she has a target weight of about 100kg on the large ones :D

They dont charge you really on the exceeding weight of the box cos I remember mine was around 38 kgs and they didnt charge us for the 8 kgs. Worth a try tho. :)

melovesengland
25th May 2012, 15:59
Belwood dont really worry about weight,ive used them many times with real :censored: busters and they not complain.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
25th May 2012, 16:03

They are daft putting anything about weight surcharges in thier spiel then - it could drive would be customers elsewhere

melovesengland
25th May 2012, 16:07
They are daft putting anything about weight surcharges in thier spiel then - it could drive would be customers elsewhere

Indeed! One thing that can make a possible customer look for another courier service but Im sure they wont mind a couple of extra kilos. :D

BoholoX
25th May 2012, 16:48
If it helps I've just sent some documents via DHL from a counter based in our local WH Smiths. Quoted up to 5 days but took just two days to get to Manila with a working online tracking capability. This was only a small documents folder but they did do bigger boxes based on weight. Certainly reliable and safe.

melovesengland
25th May 2012, 16:55
If it helps I've just sent some documents via DHL from a counter based in our local WH Smiths. Quoted up to 5 days but took just two days to get to Manila with a working online tracking capability. This was only a small documents folder but they did do bigger boxes based on weight. Certainly reliable and safe.

DHL and FEdEx are both expensive. Aside from the fee for the box u going to send to the PI, you will also pay customs fee when it arrives in the country (cannot be redeemed if your not going to pay for customs charge). It is only good for small boxes or documents but big boxes like balikbayan boxes that weighs 30-50kgs will cost you around 200-300 quid if I am not mistaken. Fast but too dear for me. :D

Moy
25th May 2012, 18:27

http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK/ Try to ring LBC or send them an email bout your querries, I think they will send and collect your box same as Belwood.

thanks for the replied melovesngland:xxgrinning--00xx3: for the links ;) did you request a box from them or just make your own box:D instead..and when it arrive in davao city do they charge the receiver;) as were thinking to send 3 boxes medium:rolleyes:

Moy
25th May 2012, 18:28
Didn't I give you Chris's phone number? :Erm:

i have his number Steve..dont worry and thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
25th May 2012, 18:29
They dont charge you really on the exceeding weight of the box cos I remember mine was around 38 kgs and they didnt charge us for the 8 kgs. Worth a try tho. :)

38 kgs:omg::D how much did you pay on that time although there is price now they offer on cheapest rate;)

jonnijon
26th May 2012, 10:24
Belwood do not charge the reciever. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
26th May 2012, 11:11
thanks for the replied melovesngland:xxgrinning--00xx3: for the links ;) did you request a box from them or just make your own box:D instead..and when it arrive in davao city do they charge the receiver;) as were thinking to send 3 boxes medium:rolleyes:

we request a medium box from them and they sent it to us via post. i think we had a deposit of 10-15 quid for the box and paid online using a credit card. they didnt charge anything when we received it here in davao. it came a little bit late cos my box wasn't included in the first container van they sent in the PI (already full) so mine was on the 2nd batch of boxes.

melovesengland
26th May 2012, 11:11
38 kgs:omg::D how much did you pay on that time although there is price now they offer on cheapest rate;)

still paid around 80 kgs. no extra charges which is nice! hahahahahaha

Terpe
26th May 2012, 16:54
:icon_lol:
I've a feeling this thread has a mixture of courier service, express parcel service and balikbayan box service all rolled into one.

Sending 20kg in a box 55cmx30cmx30cm via regular courier (DHL/TNT etc) would cost between £120-£180 depending on which courier was used.
Unless it's very urgent better to use a regular balikbayan box via sea-cargo.
Generally there's no weight restrictions and for £120 to manila you'll get about a cubic meter.

lastlid
26th May 2012, 17:23
My wife's sister received an LBC box of goodies from her husband in Taiwan (OFW) and it took about a month to get to her...WOW.