PDA

View Full Version : What have you been up to Juvy? =)

juvyjones28
22nd May 2012, 14:35
Hello forum friends, I hope y'all enjoying the sun outside. :sunshine::Wave:

Just a quick update.;)
It's been 6 weeks since I arrived here in UK and I'm very pleased that everything went smoothly and fairly straightforward from applying for my visa, arriving at Heathrow airport, registering with my GP and Dentist, applying for NI number and looking for a job. I've started my first part time job as a Dining/kitchen assistant last week in a Artists rest home, although its only 3 days a week/ 5 hrs a day, I really enjoy doing it plus I get to meet famous artists like writers, musician etc. :D And today, I had another job interview in a care home as a kitchen assistant and Thank God I got it too! But I won't start til next month but It's ok atleast those 2 jobs will keep me really busy.. GOD is so good.

I am so thankful that my husband has always been there to support me in everything, He will enroll me for a driving lesson next month and hopefully I can pass my driving test soon, exciting eh! :603785: For those who have just arrived here and still looking for a job, never lose hope. I believe if the job is meant for you, you will get it. If you need some tips and advice just feel free to pm me. :xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

Marie
22nd May 2012, 15:13
Congrats Juvy....swerte mo talaga...everything goes smoothly...take care, just enjoy and be happy

Dedworth
22nd May 2012, 16:01
Well done on your employment efforts :xxgrinning--00xx3: it just shows what can be done in 6 weeks - puts the can't work won't work bone idle contingent of the indigenous population to shame

bigmarco
22nd May 2012, 16:33
Yes congratulations Juvy on your 2 jobs. I hope they both work out well for you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd May 2012, 16:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Nice one.

Doc Alan
22nd May 2012, 18:09
Excellent news Juvy :xxgrinning--00xx3:. What has always impressed me about you is your willingness to share your knowledge and help others :).

juvyjones28
22nd May 2012, 19:01
Salamat ate marie, Dedworth, bigmarco, Lastlid & Doc Alan - you were right for saying I didn't waste much time. I just thought I can't just sit at home all day waiting for nothing, I thought I should be out earning and doing something to contribute with household expenses ;):Wave:

joebloggs
22nd May 2012, 20:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3: no wasting time with you juvy :Bolt:
good luck with your jobs and your driving test :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
23rd May 2012, 07:03
I've started my first part time job as a Dining/kitchen assistant last week in a Artists rest home, although its only 3 days a week/ 5 hrs a day, I really enjoy doing it plus I get to meet famous artists like writers, musician etc.

Anyone in particular or are you bound by the Data Protection Act? :D

Terpe
23rd May 2012, 07:44
Well done Juvy :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm so glad everything is going smoothly and that you've also been able to secure employment.

Stay busy and keep up the good work :xxgrinning--00xx3:

smileyangel
23rd May 2012, 19:23
Congrats Juvy!:xxgrinning--00xx3: So happy for you. Goodluck with your jobs and driving test.

juvyjones28
23rd May 2012, 22:35
Thanks Terpe & Smileyangel. :)

Lastlid, So far I've only met Mike Mccartney, Paul Mccartney's brother. The artists rest home is going busy now 'coz the summer is finally here so hopefully I can meet more famous people soon:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
24th May 2012, 06:33
Thanks Terpe & Smileyangel. :)

Lastlid, So far I've only met Mike Mccartney, Paul Mccartney's brother. The artists rest home is going busy now 'coz the summer is finally here so hopefully I can meet more famous people soon:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D Maybe Sir Paul will pop in to see his bro.....

juvyjones28
25th May 2012, 23:02
:D Maybe Sir Paul will pop in to see his bro.....

:cwm24: :gost: