PDA

View Full Version : Nursing

Nick30
20th May 2012, 15:50
Hi,

Hope everyone here is keeping well.

Just want to ask about a working visa for my Filipina girlfriend who’s a staff nurse.

She would like to come and work here as a nurse next year and was thinking of any hospitals here that are recruiting nurses?

What agencies are open and what you suggest?

Dedworth
20th May 2012, 16:11
Doc Alan gives good info & links here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/35967-Nursing-links?highlight=nursing

Nick30
20th May 2012, 17:25
Thanks mate :)

tiger31
21st May 2012, 03:01
don,t wanna burst ya bubble but she will struggle to get job at the moment .maybe that will change in a years time ,coz my daughter qulified as a staff nurse and took a year to find a job and that was 50 miles away from my house.the goverment is cutting resorces for nurses at the moment and that is forceing cut backs in nurses and even making redundacies in some places .but like previous poster said maybe health care assistant route would be better then apply for staff nurse at a later date as demand improves.whatever happens good luck .

lastlid
21st May 2012, 06:09
Yes. Believe or not they are going to prune back on staffing. At least I thought I heard that in the news recently...

grahamw48
21st May 2012, 10:46
My (Filipina) ex ended up going to Sweden to find nursing work, and that was after getting a British degree in nursing, and having British citizenship. :NoNo: