PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeper Vacancy

spencerhersh
8th July 2007, 17:17
Hello we are a family of three, my husband a lawyer, myself and my five year old daughter. We live in a large farm in Wales, UK and are looking for a housekeeper who also loves animals as we have some very nice gentle Deerhound dogs which I breed and show. The person will have to already be in the UK as it has now become more or less impossible to get a visa for someone not living within the UK. I do not mind though if it is a female or male or whether or not you have a visa. My husband can get you one as he is a lawyer and has already done so in the past for a Filipino lady who worked for us for 4 and a half years when we lived in London. We also managed to bring her son over from the Philipinnes to live with us. As we live in the countryside, the person will be able to collect their days off and take them once a month if they wish to go to London with. We will pay their fares to and from London. The salary will be between £200 and £250 per week with four weeks annual leave, a very nice bedroom with a new bathroom next to it. Or we have a mobile home with two bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and bathroom if you wish to have more privacy. We are very kind and friendly and hope that whoever comes will stay with us for many years. The only reason our last lady is not with us is because her son did not want to leave London. We are still very good friends. If you are interested in the position. Please either telephone me on 01570471353 or 07983470765, or email me at michael.edwards123@btinternet.com. I am also willing to take someone who is running away from an Arab family or who has been badly treated. All the best.

KeithD
8th July 2007, 17:56
I've OK'd this.

spencerhersh
8th July 2007, 22:16
Thank you very much. If there are any applicants that are wary and would like to check me out they can speak to my previous housekeeper. Teodora Macanas, who will reasurre them. Kind regards

nparvus1202
9th July 2007, 15:15
May kilala ako kaya lang 6 months na buntis. Kinuha siya dito pero iba pala ang mapupuntahang nursing home. Nung inalis na siya, nagkatulong sa kakilala niya ng libre may matirhan lang. Iyung isa naman mae-expire na iyung visa sa december at natatakot baka hindi na ma-renew. Maghahanap na raw ng iba na magbibigay ng visa, so kung interested ka, tatanungin ko kung gusto nila, iyun e kung wala
ka pang nakukuha.

vbkelly
9th July 2007, 16:36
May kilala ako kaya lang 6 months na buntis. Kinuha siya dito pero iba pala ang mapupuntahang nursing home. Nung inalis na siya, nagkatulong sa kakilala niya ng libre may matirhan lang. Iyung isa naman mae-expire na iyung visa sa december at natatakot baka hindi na ma-renew. Maghahanap na raw ng iba na magbibigay ng visa, so kung interested ka, tatanungin ko kung gusto nila, iyun e kung wala
ka pang nakukuha.

huh!!! :Brick::Brick::Brick: english please!

KeithD
9th July 2007, 17:18
That was English she's psssssssst :icon_lol:

nparvus1202
9th July 2007, 20:26
Alright, as a summary I know a woman who is 6 month pregnant, who lost her job now she is living with a couple and doing babysitting for free just to have a place to stay, and another woman who will have her visa expiring in december and afraid her visa will not be renewed, so she is open for any offers.

spencerhersh
9th July 2007, 20:49
Thank you for replying to my advert. I am sure that I can get the woman's visa renewed if she wants to come to work for us. It will mean a lot of hard work on our part, writing letters to the Home Office, producing papers on our income etc. but I will be happy to do this if the lady is serious about working for us and staying for at least a couple of years. Hopefully a lot longer. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Taryn Edwards

The lady who is six months pregnant I might be able to help as well somehow.

rheanne05
10th July 2007, 06:31
HI I would like to apply to as a housekeeper but I am still here in the philippines.. I am really serious in getting a job as i am separated and has 2 boys and they are in preschool now and would like to send them to the best school in the phils.I have a job offer from a couple in oxfordshire.. I dont have a visa yet.. But this month I am going to go to a travel agency so they could help me out. As you mentioned is it really impossible to get a visa? THanks

nparvus1202
10th July 2007, 08:22
I gave your number to Emily, the preggy, the other one is still contemplating about moving to Wales, she is currently in Essex. I told her to think faster or else off to Manila. I can't say if you are a Filipino or British.

spencerhersh
10th July 2007, 14:10
Hi thank you for passing on the information. I am British, I was born in London. I am also Jewish, but not religious. My husband is Christian and also not religious. I do hope the lady in Essex makes her mind up quickly as you are right she will have to go home to Manilla. I have not heard from the pregnant lady yet either. We are a kind family and only want someone who is honest and loyal and they will have a very good life with us. I am happy to give them my previous Filipino's number if they are worried about coming to me.

Hope to hear soon.

Thank you for taking the trouble.

Kindest regards,

Taryn Edwards

spencerhersh
10th July 2007, 14:21
HI I would like to apply to as a housekeeper but I am still here in the philippines.. I am really serious in getting a job as i am separated and has 2 boys and they are in preschool now and would like to send them to the best school in the phils.I have a job offer from a couple in oxfordshire.. I dont have a visa yet.. But this month I am going to go to a travel agency so they could help me out. As you mentioned is it really impossible to get a visa? THanks

Thank you for answering my advert. I am afraid to say that as far as I am aware it really is virtually impossible to get a visa to come to work in the UK. If you can then please contact me, but I know that others have tried without sucess. We are a very nice family and I am sure you would be happy with us. Good luck anyway.

Kind regards,

Taryn Edwards

nparvus1202
10th July 2007, 14:35
I will call Emily again later. She is nice, just that when she arrived here 6 months ago she did know that she is expecting.

spencerhersh
10th July 2007, 15:21
Hi thank you. What does Emily intend to do with her baby. Is she going to keep it. We do have a very nice small school in the village her. My little girl goes to it she is only 5 years old and there are only 20 children in the school.

Kindest regards

Taryn

nparvus1202
10th July 2007, 15:41
I already talk to Emily and she is very interested to talk to you. She already got your number and she said she will be calling to you asap. As far as I know she will be keeping the baby.

Peanutz
10th July 2007, 18:45

I think you owe us an explanation Rheanne. You have written here that your bf wants you to get a visit visa and you have been denied a visit visa when you applied before with your ex-bf and you stated that you don't want to live in UK just a visit. And now you are looking for a job in UK?!!! :Erm:I smell something fishy here...

spencerhersh
11th July 2007, 10:40
I already talk to Emily and she is very interested to talk to you. She already got your number and she said she will be calling to you asap. As far as I know she will be keeping the baby.

Hi, I have not heard from either of the ladies as yet. I wondered if you had any updates.

Kind regards,

Taryn

nparvus1202
11th July 2007, 11:15
I don't have any updates at the moment. Last time I talk to Emily, she said she will contact you for details. If I got hold of them, I will see what's keeping them busy.

spencerhersh
11th July 2007, 12:24
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Taryn

rheanne05
11th July 2007, 12:33
HI,

It is so hard to hold on to my bf when it is very impossible for us to be together..so I am trying my luck to work there for my kids and eventually if he can wait for that time. He has some issues too and he seems cant even get the requirements as he has some case filed to him... so it's really impossible

LadyJ
11th July 2007, 16:49
HI,

It is so hard to hold on to my bf when it is very impossible for us to be together..so I am trying my luck to work there for my kids and eventually if he can wait for that time. He has some issues too and he seems cant even get the requirements as he has some case filed to him... so it's really impossible

Blimey:doh rheanne you're everywhere!

I'm afraid, it's impossible to get a visa for you as a nanny!

There's another option though, the visa called Domestic Worker but you must provide evidence that you have been working as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer for at least one year immediately before your application, or you have been working in a household that your employer uses regularly for themselves for at least one year immediately before your application, and you can show that there is a connection between you and your employer.

spencerhersh
13th July 2007, 14:05
I don't have any updates at the moment. Last time I talk to Emily, she said she will contact you for details. If I got hold of them, I will see what's keeping them busy.

Hi,

I still have not heard from either of them. I did however speak to someone in the Filipino Centre who mentioned that there was a pregnant lady looking for a job, not sure if it is the same person or a coincidence. She is going have the woman who normally deals with employment speak to her next week when she gets back. Have you heard anything? You can email me privately if you wish or telephone me. I will help any Filipino that has run away or who has been ill treated as long as they don't mind living in Wales, it is very pretty here and they can have a few days each month to go to London if they prefer to have their leave that way and we will pay for their ticket. Anyway I am sorry if I am driving you mad.

Have a good weekend. It has been raining here all day - I am fed up with this lousy weather. I am going for a holiday to Israel in August where my elder daughter lives, and looking forward to some sun.

Kindest regards,

Taryn