PDA

View Full Version : Sending a package to the Philippines?

manilabong
19th May 2012, 20:39
Good morning, Philippines! Good evening, UK! :) Can someone please suggest the best way to send a package to the Philippines? Package includes a laptop, an ipod, just a few clothes for our son, possibly food (chocolates and cookies), and a book.

THANK YOU!!!!! :)

Moy
19th May 2012, 20:48
balikbayan box of LBC will do but am not sure with laptop or i pod if its safe to send along with those stuff..me myself is thinking to send some food goddie as well back home:rolleyes: any idea co forumers:Wave:

RickyR
19th May 2012, 21:34
Be aware that if you courier it by any means, they'll hit for tax by customs in the Philippines.

sheriel
19th May 2012, 21:34
We send a large box to family in Barangay Bunga Leyte,last Tuesday from Truro in Cornwall,arrive Manila on Friday,delivered to home on Wednesday am,for under £50 DHL,try them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th May 2012, 21:39
We send a large box to family in Barangay Bunga Leyte,last Tuesday from Truro in Cornwall,arrive Manila on Friday,delivered to home on Wednesday am,for under £50 DHL,try them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cornwall? any branch in plymouth she? :) or links to be to contact them..where to we get the balibayan box??

grahamw48
19th May 2012, 21:47
I'd send it by DHL. They have branches and agents everywhere, both here and in the Phils.

It might cost a little more, but what you send will have a chance of still being in the box when it's delivered. :rolleyes:

It will also be a hell of a lot quicker than Balikbayan, which might take a couple of months or more...and they are not always reliable going by what's being discussed on another thread.

Just compress the clothes as much as possible if they're charging by size of box rather than weight.

You can track the progress of the box online.

Moy
19th May 2012, 21:59
I'd send it by DHL. They have branches and agents everywhere, both here and in the Phils.

It might cost a little more, but what you send will have a chance of still being in the box when it's delivered. :rolleyes:

It will also be a hell of a lot quicker than Balikbayan, which might take a couple of months or more...and they are not always reliable going by what's being discussed on another thread.

Just compress the clothes as much as possible if they're charging by size of box rather than weight.

You can track the progress of the box online.

how do we get the box from dhl graham as my stuff willpack at home itself:D do they give you the box first and send it to them later when its all ready never been use a service like this before so am confuse of what to do:D

cheers

lastlid
19th May 2012, 22:00

And I presume that includes insurance of the contents?

sheriel
19th May 2012, 22:01
How many pesos customs tax RickyR for Laptop and what if the reciever lives in Leyte,miles from Manila,when do they pay tax. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th May 2012, 22:11
how do we get the box from dhl graham as my stuff willpack at home itself:D do they give you the box first and send it to them later when its all ready never been use a service like this before so am confuse of what to do:D

cheers

Haven't got a clue....can't remember now. :Erm:

Ring em up and ask Moy. :D

Moy
19th May 2012, 22:19
:laugher:
Haven't got a clue....can't remember now. :Erm:

Ring em up and ask Moy. :D

sheriel
19th May 2012, 22:24
Moy, DHL Express,Eagle Road,Langage Buisiness Park,Plymouth ,Devon PL7 5JY telephone 01752 348943,try them,they will have many size boxes.

Moy
19th May 2012, 22:28
Moy, DHL Express,Eagle Road,Langage Buisiness Park,Plymouth ,Devon PL7 5JY telephone 01752 348943,try them,they will have many size boxes.

thanks for the inf she:xxgrinning--00xx3: do we get the box itself there and bring over home before sending it to the PHILIPPINES how much is the cheapest just curious as we never use this before:D am excited now as i got many stuff here to send back home on my family:Hellooo:

sheriel
19th May 2012, 22:44
Phone them on Monday morning and they will Quote charges,you have to collect boxes from them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th May 2012, 22:47
Phone them on Monday morning and they will Quote charges,you have to collect boxes from them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
can we just go there on there office instead of phoning and get the the said box??:D

bigmarco
20th May 2012, 00:28
I believe a lot of W H SMITH, RYMAN and STAPLES handle DHL Parcels now. You can check your nearest service point here.

http://www.dhlservicepoint.co.uk/

Terpe
20th May 2012, 08:28

DHL is a courier service and expensive.
You also must be careful what you put inside.
Usually tax is required to be paid by the local delivery agent upon delivery depending on what's inside.

Unless you need to send some small items by express delivery better to use regular balikbayan box.

We recently sent a 6kg size box with DHL which cost £75 to send to Phils.
Not much of a size volume-wise.

Dedworth
20th May 2012, 08:52
If you're thinking of using a courier like DHL you might be better off using a reseller like www.parcelhero.com - 6kg to Manila DHL 3 day comes up at £52.15

Terpe
20th May 2012, 09:01
If you're thinking of using a courier like DHL you might be better off using a reseller like www.parcelhero.com - 6kg to Manila DHL 3 day comes up at £52.15

Good link :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th May 2012, 09:10

When you fill in the box size/weight on web forms to get a price just be aware that all of the courier outfits use volume pricing - I sent 4kg to Sweden last week but when quoting guessed the box size a bit smaller than it actually was I'd calculated £21 but paid £25 - still a good deal compared with Parcel Farce

Moy
20th May 2012, 10:17
DHL is a courier service and expensive.
You also must be careful what you put inside.
Usually tax is required to be paid by the local delivery agent upon delivery depending on what's inside.

Unless you need to send some small items by express delivery better to use regular balikbayan box.

We recently sent a 6kg size box with DHL which cost £75 to send to Phils.
Not much of a size volume-wise.

oh so what courier do you recommend Terpe:rolleyes: i want a balikbayan box that i could sort some stuff to send over davao city foods, chocolate.clothes, soap, shampoos etc not much really just general everyday stuff to live there:yikes::icon_lol:

joebloggs
20th May 2012, 10:30

:xxgrinning--00xx3: dedworth

Terpe
20th May 2012, 12:13
When you fill in the box size/weight on web forms to get a price just be aware that all of the courier outfits use volume pricing - I sent 4kg to Sweden last week but when quoting guessed the box size a bit smaller than it actually was I'd calculated £21 but paid £25 - still a good deal compared with Parcel Farce

DHL have a small range of "standard boxes" (No.1, No2, etc) The "normal weight" for each box is printed on the side but the service centre told me it's just a guide anyway up to + couple of kg.

I've a feeling ourt box was No.4 up to 6kg. We actually stuffed it pretty tight but still only 5kg.

grahamw48
20th May 2012, 14:19
I think they're good for compact high value stuff like laptops etc. :)

manilabong
21st May 2012, 12:13
I think they're good for compact high value stuff like laptops etc. :)

Couldn't agree more, Graham.

Thank you all for your replies! I think I'm gonna go with DHL. My husband sent me a package through LBC before and it took a month to arrive here. Don't wanna wait that long again. Again, thank you!!! :D

jayzel
21st May 2012, 21:39
look at transglobal express,they use dhl for there deliveries,dhl collect it but you dont get charged dhl prices,i sent a box 30 cm high 50cm long 40cm width, it weighed 10kg and i insured it for £1000 when i priced dhl it was £200 but transglobal express charged me £75 inc £20 insurance was delivered in 6 days to negros occidental and my lady had to pay 548 peso handling, there was no custom charges and it contained playstation and 20 mobile phones ,,, jay ...

Moy
21st May 2012, 21:43
look at transglobal express,they use dhl for there deliveries,dhl collect it but you dont get charged dhl prices,i sent a box 30 cm high 50cm long 40cm width, it weighed 10kg and i insured it for £1000 when i priced dhl it was £200 but transglobal express charged me £75 inc £20 insurance was delivered in 6 days to negros occidental and my lady had to pay 548 peso handling, there was no custom charges and it contained playstation and 20 mobile phones ,,, jay ...

whats the link for that transglobal?:) any branch here in southwest area or:Wave: plymouth

irishman12
21st May 2012, 22:20
moy -u might try google -works pretty quick http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/ u want to send to davao?if u can wait a few weeks we will be going davao -just send it here instead:icon_lol:

Moy
21st May 2012, 22:50
moy -u might try google -works pretty quick http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/ u want to send to davao?if u can wait a few weeks we will be going davao -just send it here instead:icon_lol:

davao city yes:) if u can take my box would be sooo good:D

quickwillow
22nd May 2012, 05:30
6 weeks ago I used DHL and made a mistake of using an agent for my convenience. The 5kg package did arrive in Mindanao and all was well. The tracking is not up to date after it got to Manila. It took 24 hrs to get to Manila it took another 5 day to get to Mindanao. When I tried to contact DHL because there had been no movement for 3 days they said they couldn't help me and to contact the agent as i was not the sender. As for the live tracking , it was updated 2 day after my wife had received it, she also had to pay tax she thinks of 600 peso for documents of no real value

Dedworth
22nd May 2012, 13:41
6 weeks ago I used DHL and made a mistake of using an agent for my convenience. The 5kg package did arrive in Mindanao and all was well. The tracking is not up to date after it got to Manila. It took 24 hrs to get to Manila it took another 5 day to get to Mindanao. When I tried to contact DHL because there had been no movement for 3 days they said they couldn't help me and to contact the agent as i was not the sender. As for the live tracking , it was updated 2 day after my wife had received it, she also had to pay tax she thinks of 600 peso for documents of no real value

I think they've led you up the garden path - DHL you have a unique consignment number and DHL's part of the deal is to provide the delivery and tracking part. I'd demand a refund from the reseller (it was they who accepted your ££'s) and ask for some clarification from DHL

grahamw48
22nd May 2012, 14:21
5 days to Mindanao ? :Erm:

Not too bad. You can only make a Carabao move so fast. :icon_lol:

Sleeplesinwales
3rd June 2012, 17:29
Anybody knows a company that send a balikbayan box fron caernarfon, gwynedd?

Steve.r
3rd June 2012, 21:46

I always reccommend LBC, because they get my stuff there. But there are other companies.

lastlid
3rd June 2012, 21:53

I had what appears to be a similar problem as our documents were sent to my wife via a 3rd party. Unbeknown to me ( and my wife :icon_lol: ) my wife uses the wrong zip code for her address in Cavite. Once I realised I called TNT, our courier and I too met with complications and was quoted the Data Protection Act on what was my own information - how absurd! Thankfully, to a greater degree TNT saw sense and I got the ZIP code changed and all was well.

raynaputi
3rd June 2012, 22:31

LBC :xxgrinning--00xx3: just call their number and they will schedule you for delivery & pickup of the box..I used them to send a balikbayan box myself.

UNITED KINGDOM
UK Branch: Unit 9 Victoria Industrial Estate, Victoria Road, North Acton, London W# 6UU
Customer Service Hotline: 020-31102522

Ako Si Jamie
22nd July 2012, 10:41
I want to send a 5kg package to the Phils but I'm not paying £75. That's twice as much as the value of the contents. :Cuckoo: