PDA

View Full Version : cheap watches and sunglasses

stevewool
19th May 2012, 12:55
well its been a few years since i went to borocay and while there i brought a tag watch and sunglasses of some guy selling them on the beach, i paid a great price for what they where and was very happy, the glasses well they are long gone but the watch well it still keeps great time and looks good too, all that is wrong is the strap is begining to show signs of wear,last xmas was in panglao and i brought a nice pair of glasses, again great price for what i got and last week in ironbridge i broke them my own fault i may say, so looks like another trip is on the horizon for new glasses and maybe a new watch too, or if someones going can they get me both:)

Arthur Little
19th May 2012, 13:42
glasses well they are long gone but the watch well it still keeps great time and looks good too, all that is wrong is the strap is begining to show signs of wear

Sunglasses ... well ... :anerikke: they can vary greatly in price, Steve - depending on the quality, as you know - but as for the watch ... all you're really needing to do is buy a new strap. ;)

grahamw48
19th May 2012, 17:42
When working in the tunnel in Hong Kong I used to replace my watches when the battery was exhausted, as the watch was cheaper than the battery. :icon_lol:

Buying watches from vendors in the Phils, don't pay more than a third of the asking price.
They only have innards worth about a quid, plus battery, and careful someone isn't lifting 10 times the asking price out of your pocket while you're negotiating. :doh

I'm still wearing a pair of sunglasses I bought new for 75p in Hong Kong back in the 90s. :D

I also have the little alarm clock sitting here next to me that I bought in Hong Kong for £1.50 in 1996...working perfectly.

stevewool
19th May 2012, 18:23
well the sunglasses cost this time 120 peso, and i may add my Em was buying them and you call me cheap, the watch i think i paid around a fiver, buying a tag strap here you wont get much change from £40 so i will wait till our next trip