PDA

View Full Version : DHL Express Belfast, UK and Greenbelt 1, Makati Philippines Failed Us Big Time

BriaNoreen
12th May 2012, 09:38
Here's a Letter of Complaint I sent to the UK office.

My fiance, Brian McNulty sent a boxful of very important visa documents to the Philippines in my name last Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at your DHL Express Belfast store.

The tracking/waybill number of the parcel was 6705628963.

He specifically instructed your Belfast staff to place the parcel on hold for pick up by me at the main office in Manila.

Your staff addressed the box to DHL Express.Ayala Avenue Corner Makati Avenue Makati City 1200.This particular DHL Express store is in Greenbelt1, Ayala Center, Makati City. When Brian advised me that the box was ready for pick up at the address given to him, I went there immediately only to be told that the parcel was not there and I had to wait until 5pm because maybe by then, it will be there.. There were three (3) staff at the said DHL store in Greenbelt1. One advised me to wait for 4 hours because my box is not there yet and left me, the other two just sat doing nothing. No one offered to check my tracking number or call the main DHL House which is in Pasong Tamo Extension, a completely different address.

The correct address is: DHL Express (Philippines) Corp. 2306 Chino Roces Ave. Kayaman C. MagallanesPasong Tamo Extension, Makati City 1232
I asked for the main telephone number and called using my mobile phone. I was then advised that my box is on hold as instructed by Brian and is ready for pick up at the main DHL House in Pasong Tamo Extension and I need to prepare P548.60 (Pesos) for a processing fee.

There were three useless paid employees sitting at your DHL Express Greenbelt1 store. They failed in their customer service duty by not making the call as they should and finding the parcel. I had to look for the box because they just sat there staring at me.The contents of the box are very valuable so we paid a whole lot of money for me to get the box safely and hassle-free. That was also why it was insured heavily.

The second complaint is, Brian was told very specifically in Belfast that there would be no customs fee – He asked specifically about this to be prepared and was told no, so we were misinformed again. First we were given a wrong pick up address then we were told we do not need to pay for any 'processing fee'.

I was forced to take a taxi ride across Makati City, there was no effort made to get the box to me after a major inconvenience.

If Brian was given the correct address when he was at DHL Express in Belfast, you could have saved us the trouble of worrying about losing the box. We specifically wanted the box arranged for pickup for safety purposes - as we cannot afford it being lost - yet this almost happened due to misinformation in Belfast, and negligence in Manila. To top this off, when Brian made a phonecall and complained, the advisor lost interest in him and told him to call a Manila number to file a complaint.

Lastly, the envelope of an authentic antique postcard that Brian bought was ripped and crumpled! If customs needed to check the contents of the box again after it being thoroughly searched and checked in the presence of Brian, please be careful you do not damage anything.

Noreen Eunice Enerio

Dedworth
12th May 2012, 10:47
I'd get Brian to demand a full refund from DHL Belfast - if they don't play ball recorded delivery letter to DHL UK HQ threatening them with legal action https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

RickyR
12th May 2012, 16:32
We've experienced quite a few problems with the DHL in the UK, particularly the Service Points. One package for whatever reasons got split up into 4, and we got hit with several fees.

melovesengland
10th June 2012, 08:34
my fiance sent a box with full of presents here in Davao using DHL and I am happy with the service I can say. I also paid P500+ to redeemed the box and I think when you use this expensive courier services you cant get away on paying customs fee (typical) specially when the sender declared an amount or simply when it comes from abroad. feel sorry for what had happened.

Marie
10th June 2012, 11:35
ohh....it happened to us also...my hubby sent the VISA document with the complete address of mine and with specified delivery date....but when I tracked down the documents there's a note that it is on hold... so I immediately called the office and they told me that the address that my husband wrote is not complete so I called my husband to his mobile and told about the situation....then I asked him to look at his duplicate copy of the paper that he filled up and we found out that the address there is complete....so I talked again to the person at DHL pasig and told about it.....he just said that maybe the person in UK made a mistake....grrrrrrrrrr...after the delayed that's the only words that I've heard....