PDA

View Full Version : Any Filipino community around Medway, Kent?

annaoj00
11th May 2012, 15:45
Hello everyone

we moved to rochester, kent 2 years ago and been missing being around other filipinos. am still working in london but as i've got a young family, i can't just drop things and see them. would love to have my 2 kids (12yo and 2yo) hang around other "pinoy" children.

Will greatly appreciate any response.

thanks

South-east boy
16th May 2012, 13:48
Hello everyone

we moved to rochester, kent 2 years ago and been missing being around other filipinos. am still working in london but as i've got a young family, i can't just drop things and see them. would love to have my 2 kids (12yo and 2yo) hang around other "pinoy" children.

Will greatly appreciate any response.

thanks

Hi! I live nearby in Walderslade, but am just a single guy who's on his way to Manila for 3 weeks with my girlfriend there! I know another Brit-Filipino who live in Gillingham/Rainham who have a girl of 6 I think and know the owner of Leo's Mini-mart in Canterbury street (they sell quite a few Filipino products). I also went to the Fil-Brit party at Christmas in Gillingham where there were loads of Filipinos and their kids.

annaoj00
21st May 2012, 15:34
Thanks a lot for the response south east boy. So you’re on your way to manila? Do enjoy your stay in the country.. should be hot over there.

Would really love to get along with other Filipinos, and create new friendship in this area. Perhaps visiting Leo’s Mini-mart in Canterbury street would be a good starting point.

Arthur Little
21st May 2012, 15:50
Hello, again ... I remember greeting you when you first joined the forum some 2 years' ago. You'd been searching for a Filipino nanny, I seem to recall ... and I hope you ultimately managed to find a suitable person for the job. :)

Likewise, it's only natural that you'll be keen to mix with other *Filipinas in the area. Where my wife and I live - in Perth, Central Scotland - we seem to come across loads of *them. There's even a local Filipino Association ... and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a similar organisation in and around Rochester. So, my advice would be to simply keep on looking. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

iiMel
23rd May 2012, 10:36
Im part filipinos but I've never met my dad so i don't know much and this Leo's Mini-mart sounds like a really cool place i want to visit, i live in east london and similar to annaoj00 i would like to meet other filipino's so i can learn more about where i am from. I'm just a 20 yr old uni student.

Thank you for this helpful post ^^

annaoj00
24th May 2012, 11:40
Hi Arthur Little.. has it been 2 years now? wasn't able to get a filipino nanny but did send my little boy to a nursery near us.

2 years and i haven't managed to find any filipino community here in medway (its nice to hear you've got a Filipino association there in your area. but with south east boy's response, i'll try to visit leo's mini-mart and hopefully bump into a number of filipinos there.

annaoj00
24th May 2012, 11:44
Hi iiMel.. since you're around East London, why won't you try visiting Earl's Court, Victoria or Kilburn? You'd really get to see loads of Filipinos around that area esp at Earl's Court. There's one restaurant there (just a few meters away from earl's Court tube station) where you can meet other filipinos enjoying the buffet :) (just forgot the name of that dining place) good luck!