PDA

View Full Version : to be able...

Moy
11th May 2012, 14:42
are we be able to apply job without the passport..??
i am on spouse visa and legally can apply any job if am correct..:) its just the passport was on the home office at the moment for the application:rolleyes:

Arthur Little
11th May 2012, 14:46
are we be able to apply job without the passport..??
i am on spouse visa and legally can apply any job if am correct..:) its just the passport was on the home office at the moment for the application:rolleyes:

Yes, Ross ... no problem! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Should a prospective employer ask to see your passport (which I doubt if they will!) then it's easy to explain.

Moy
11th May 2012, 14:47
Yes, Ross ... no problem! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
very thanks for the prompt reply Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

joebloggs
11th May 2012, 20:02
i think you will need your passport , as your employer will need evidence you have the right to work in the uk

stevie c
11th May 2012, 20:19
i think you will need your passport , as your employer will need evidence you have the right to work in the uk

Quite right Joe as my wife needed to show her passport as evidence that she was legally allowed to work when she applied for a job.

juvyjones28
11th May 2012, 20:20

I agree, I've been job hunting for 2 weeks now and the 2 agencies I registered in asked to have a copy of my passport bio-page and visa as evidence that I am allowed to work. I had interview at the cafe down the road and the manager asked for my passport and NI number.

Moy
11th May 2012, 21:21
ah ok..looks like i have to wait for my passport then oh well..:rolleyes::D

lastlid
11th May 2012, 21:36
ah ok..looks like i have to wait for my passport then oh well..:rolleyes::D

Do you by chance have a good photocopy or scan of it?

Moy
11th May 2012, 22:15
i have photocopy yes..:) and if they want the orig:cwm24:

grahamw48
11th May 2012, 22:19
Photocopy and NI number should be enough I'd have thought....otherwise apply for a job washing cars at Tesco. :D

Moy
11th May 2012, 22:22
Photocopy and NI number should be enough I'd have thought....otherwise apply for a job washing cars at Tesco. :D

oh graham i dont need too im overqualified:yikes::yikes::icon_lol: i would rather applied for job to clean your room instead:laugher: and polish your hair maybe:laugher::D

lastlid
11th May 2012, 22:23
i have photocopy yes..:) and if they want the orig:cwm24:

Worth a try. If its a good copy then it will help. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
11th May 2012, 22:25
oh graham i dont need too im overqualified:yikes::yikes::icon_lol: i would rather applied for job to clean your room instead:laugher: and polish your hair maybe:laugher::D

You looking for full time or part time hours? :D

grahamw48
11th May 2012, 22:27

Now there's an offer. :Erm::D

grahamw48
11th May 2012, 22:30
...could do with a quick tidy up. :cwm3:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/567/muckyroom.jpg

Moy
11th May 2012, 22:58
You looking for full time or part time hours? :D

doesnt matter really..:icon_lol:

Moy
11th May 2012, 22:59
...could do with a quick tidy up. :cwm3:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/567/muckyroom.jpg

oh yes..and ill tidy you as well:laugher::D

Rosie1958
11th May 2012, 23:30
Employers run the risk of being heavily fined if they do not undertake pre-employment Right to Work checks and then employ someone who doesn't have permission to work. A photocopy of a passport is not acceptable as it could easily be forged/ altered so the original should always be presented.

My employer now also requires proof at interview stage and before any offer of a contract can be made, which also includes British nationals who have to prove their right to work too by submitting their full birth certificate, national insurance number card and/or passport.

Good luck with your job search, Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
12th May 2012, 07:27
Employers run the risk of being heavily fined if they do not undertake pre-employment Right to Work checks and then employ someone who doesn't have permission to work. A photocopy of a passport is not acceptable as it could easily be forged/ altered so the original should always be presented.

My employer now also requires proof at interview stage and before any offer of a contract can be made, which also includes British nationals who have to prove their right to work too by submitting their full birth certificate, national insurance number card and/or passport.

Well, I not only had to do that but I have to have a work permit too. Just got my new 3 year one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am required to present my passport quite a lot here in IOM.

lastlid
12th May 2012, 07:31
Do you by chance have a notarised copy of your passport, Moy? Just trying to think of ways around your predicament just now.

Moy
12th May 2012, 09:56
Do you by chance have a notarised copy of your passport, Moy? Just trying to think of ways around your predicament just now.

ah well looks like until i got to wait my passport back im not goin to worry at the moment,,btw thanks for reply lastid:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
12th May 2012, 09:57

yes i could understand what you been talking about ..thanks for the inf rosie:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th May 2012, 17:43
:sorry-2: for building your hopes up, Ross. :cwm24: But - at the risk of doing it again - the thought has now occurred to me about the [possibility] of using the self~explanatory letter you would've had from the UKBA acknowledging your application.

There'd be nothing to lose in contacting your nearest Jobcentre Plus to find out. :anerikke:

Moy
14th May 2012, 18:06
:sorry-2: for building your hopes up, Ross. :cwm24: But - at the risk of doing it again - the thought has now occurred to me about the [possibility] of using the self~explanatory letter you would've had from the UKBA acknowledging your application.

There'd be nothing to lose in contacting your nearest Jobcentre Plus to find out. :anerikke:

not to worry Arthur :) actually i got job interview tomorrow.. :Jump: they ask my passport etc and ive told them its on home office and they say come to interview tomorrow and just bring anything that photocopy instead and my bank details :D :cwm24: dunno what next :D

lastlid
14th May 2012, 18:27
not to worry Arthur:) actually i got job interview tomorrow..:Jump: they ask my passport etc and ive told them its on home office and they say come to interview tomorrow and just bring anything that photocopy instead and my bank details:D:cwm24: dunno what next:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As a cook / chef?

stevie c
14th May 2012, 18:29

As a cook / chef?

Agony Aunt :yikes::D

Moy
14th May 2012, 18:34

As a cook / chef?
bakery assistant:D

Moy
14th May 2012, 18:34
Agony Aunt :yikes::D

yes grumpy uncle:laugher::icon_lol:

lastlid
14th May 2012, 18:36

Plenty of free Bavarian Cream doughnuts....

Moy
14th May 2012, 18:41
Plenty of free Bavarian Cream doughnuts....

hmm yum lastid:hubbahubba::D but i doubt to be able to make that here:Rasp: maybe fresh cream and jam will do at my day:omg::D

lastlid
14th May 2012, 18:42
We call them custard doughnuts. Mrs Lastlid loves em....

grahamw48
14th May 2012, 18:43
not to worry Arthur :) actually i got job interview tomorrow.. :Jump: they ask my passport etc and ive told them its on home office and they say come to interview tomorrow and just bring anything that photocopy instead and my bank details :D :cwm24: dunno what next :D

Told you so ! :D

Like references, they can check the actual one later. :)

Moy
14th May 2012, 19:16
Told you so ! :D

Like references, they can check the actual one later. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Moy
14th May 2012, 19:20
We call them custard doughnuts. Mrs Lastlid loves em....

i know but i still prefer the taste of pinoy doughnut custard:cwm24::D:hubbahubba: or we normally call it bavarian:)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sRmuRQ_oe5M/Tb4j3SKtmEI/AAAAAAAABTo/K3TdgYfOJvc/s1600/Picture%2B032.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7036/6935520041_d97da227a1_z.jpg

Arthur Little
14th May 2012, 19:30
not to worry Arthur :) actually i got job interview tomorrow..

... that's GREAT! Congratulations! :appl: I'm delighted :BouncyHappy: ... and wish you every success with your interview tomorrow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Jump: they ask my passport etc and ive told them its on home office and they say come to interview tomorrow and just bring anything that photocopy instead and my bank details

:yeahthat:'s what I'd thought (more or less) would happen in the first place!

:anerikke: ... seems I WASN'T so far wrong after all. ;)

Terpe
14th May 2012, 19:42

You have to really "knead the dough" to be a bakery assistant :D

grahamw48
14th May 2012, 19:47
Steady with all that tasty food Moy. :cwm24:

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6362/airbagslady5wf.jpg

lastlid
14th May 2012, 20:12
i know but i still prefer the taste of pinoy doughnut custard:cwm24::D:hubbahubba: or we normally call it bavarian:)

Ha. I only found that out a few days ago....my wife kept talking about Bavarian doughnuts and I didnt have a clue what she was talking about at first. Anyway, we have just polished off a bag full.

Moy
14th May 2012, 20:12
You have to really "knead the dough" to be a bakery assistant :D
basic kneading i could do:action-smiley-081::icon_lol:

Moy
14th May 2012, 20:19
Steady with all that tasty food Moy. :cwm24:

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6362/airbagslady5wf.jpg

:yikes::laugher:

lastlid
15th May 2012, 20:20
How did the interview go Moy?

I had to submit a copy our marriage certificate to the Isle of Man equivalent of the Inland Revenue today. My accountant said that a photocopy would suffice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
16th May 2012, 09:00
employers can check your status with ukba if they have your documents as my wifes docs are with them and when we phoned them as its been 4 months since we sent them to change her surname to mine ukba said it could take 6 months before we get them back. ukba said employers can contact them to get proof you are able to work in the uk