PDA

View Full Version : Work Visas For Filipinos To Uk

russ01539
6th July 2007, 11:33
Could anyone give me any advice on how to go about obtaining work visas for people I know in PI, who want to come here and work in my business.

I am getting sick and tired of a workforce who think its ok to just not turn up for work and not even bother calling in to say they can't come in, or turn up when it suits them, and then have the cheek to moan about what a hard life they have and how they never have any money. (I dont pay them if theyre not here).

I know of 3 people who would immensly beneift my business, purely from their experience in the relevant field. I worked with them when I was in PI last and know they would be valuable employees to my business, but how the heck do I get them here ? If at all possibe.

Please advise................:Hellooo:

KeithD
6th July 2007, 12:29
You can't :) You HAVE to use Europeans.

My employees never slack.....I ain't got any. :)

andypaul
6th July 2007, 18:45
Make the requirments so unique and highly skilled that no european can do the job.
I cant belive that non eu workers seem to still get jobs in hotels and other jobs.
Also if you check the job centre website etc local ethinic resturants will all have staff from there various country backgrounds and any job advert will have things like must have 20 years of experience cooking x type of food and speak x languages to a high level.

joebloggs
7th July 2007, 03:15
Could anyone give me any advice on how to go about obtaining work visas for people I know in PI, who want to come here and work in my business.

I am getting sick and tired of a workforce who think its ok to just not turn up for work and not even bother calling in to say they can't come in, or turn up when it suits them, and then have the cheek to moan about what a hard life they have and how they never have any money. (I dont pay them if theyre not here).

I know of 3 people who would immensly beneift my business, purely from their experience in the relevant field. I worked with them when I was in PI last and know they would be valuable employees to my business, but how the heck do I get them here ? If at all possibe.

Please advise................:Hellooo:

i work with people like that :NoNo:, and i'm thinking of quitting the place, just so i dont end up doing all the work myself :cwm23:, management is WAP - (weak as :piss2:), people come in 20-25mins late every day, have an extra 20 mins on their dinner hour, go home early, on the net most of the day, and do little as possible.. :NoNo: ..... text the manager or even better text someone they work with, to tell the manager they are not coming in, thier ill :icon_lol: ......... mainly i work with 3 others, and one ive not spoken to, or hes not spoken to me for more than a year, becuase i :furious3: to do some work.. just a :icon_lol: ......

i laugh and joke about the polish, but most are good workers,,, as for getting work permits for pinoys.

as for employing pinoys, the link you need is

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage.html?

but chances of getting work permits must be small :cwm24:, with the gov trying to control immigration from outside europe..

but give them a call, and you never know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th July 2007, 08:44
i work with people like that :NoNo:, and i'm thinking of quitting the place, just so i dont end up doing all the work myself :cwm23:, management is WAP - (weak as :piss2:), people come in 20-25mins late every day, have an extra 20 mins on their dinner hour, go home early, on the net most of the day, and do little as possible.. :NoNo: ..... text the manager or even better text someone they work with, to tell the manager they are not coming in, thier ill :icon_lol: ......... mainly i work with 3 others, and one ive not spoken to, or hes not spoken to me for more than a year, becuase i :furious3: to do some work.. just a :icon_lol: ......

Joe you've just shown the argument WHY business in this country is turning to Eastern European workforce, same as the Filipino/a nurses, they want to work, and work hard, giving excellent value for money. This benefits the economy.

Most British abuse their positions, thinking they have a right to work & skive. How many of you have a ciggie break, extended lunch, use the companies phone for personnal reasons, use the internet for non-business purposes, that is all abusing your position, and yet they complain if they get the sack...DUH!!!

Just look at the teachers, always wanting more more, and yet more people are leaving uneducated than ever, the postmen....shooting themselves in the foot.....In I was working for a business that was struggling for profit, I'd take a pay cut if it meant securing an income. Even better, get more education, and a better job, and get off your lazy :butthead:

....look at the workers in Kwik Save for example, working for weeks with no pay, in the hope they could save their jobs....and it worked :BouncyHappy:....they all deserve a bonus & a medal.

joebloggs
7th July 2007, 21:58
its down to bad management, i know people i work with, push the limits of what they can get away with further and further, i'm the :Rasp: for going in everyday on time, someone i use to work with, texts me nearly every month asking me 'have a taken me sick days yet ???' :D we get i think 5 sick days a year, and most i work with have 10-25 a year, these days are seen by most as extra days of holidays. so why should i work when others don't, we should i be on time, why should i not take me sick days? or go on the net when i should be working... i'm sick and tired of telling the others to do work, its not my job to, but why should i work then ? ..
if you can't beat them .. join them :xxgrinning--00xx3:...

as for kwik save, i've been in that position 2 or 3 times, and you do it because you hope some one will buy them out and keep it going, i've lost wages thru doing this, and employers will take adavantage of you, and i wonder everyday how work is still in business, and each time i get paid its a miracle :D

as for the polish, the guy i work with, hes not one of the lazy :furious3:, but i know hes getting paid alot less than me and others, its only time til this cancer spreads to all workers british, polish and the pinoys.. :cwm24:

baboyako
7th July 2007, 22:32
joe, just work for yourself.

the place I'm at they have ruskies, chinese, pinoys, yanks, indians, geordies etc etc all working remotely, in cheap offices & cheap wages.

I am in a expensive office, earning the most. they employ me because I do the job & get the work done. if any of the others screw up, its the people in london who take the flak and sort things out. which is why things are not 100% outsourced - they like one or two people who they can rely on - but will never employ them directly.

double your salary & work for yourslef :REGamblMoney01HL1: its a win 2 win situation :Hellooo:

A_flyer
8th July 2007, 08:21
As said, it's nearly impossible to obtain as you have first to demonstrate that the job can't be done by a Citizen of the 27 E.U. countries...

KeithD
8th July 2007, 09:08
:REGamblMoney01HL1: its a win 2 win situation :Hellooo:

I like that, I may use it some time :rolleyes:

russ01539
8th July 2007, 09:44
Well to be honest I didn't think I could get a couple of Filipinos here to work for me. I know they would be very good at the job, and to a point one of the positions is a very skilled and unique job spec., but unfortunately those skills come from Scandinavia - and you wanna see how much they get paid !!!!!!!!!!!

Well the job goes into the paper (we dont bother with the job centre, cos no-one ever applies from there) next Friday, and secretly I am hoping I'll get a couple of Poles or 'Europeans' applying.

I have had excellent British workers in the past, and the guy who is leaving the position is moving on to do bigger and better things. Good for him I say. He joined us as a shy 19 year old who had no confidence in himself, and he is leaving to become a Hotel Manager for a posh hotel group, doubling his salary. I wish him well.

I can't say the same for losers he was manager of. Whoever we get in will have to have a strong character to boot them into line. But if he doesn't then I am just going to have to take a tougher line and boot them out the door.

What gets me is, is that the two worst offenders have no transport to get work elsewhere, and we are the only form of employment for them in a 15 mile direction each way, they have their houses to pay for and yet they still take the P.

I can't wait until I have enough money together to get out of this country and retire to PI. At least then I can 'take it easy' and play cards on the street corners with all the other 'retired' pinoys. lol

KeithD
8th July 2007, 10:11
Hint: Employ ex-army Sergeant's or greater...with attitude :)

joebloggs
8th July 2007, 11:00
yes and do that, even the poles will walk out.. :yikes:

the problem is with the managers i've had, they become too friendly with the workers, and before they know it they are treated like a worker, and the workers see him as a push over, they had no sort of training formal or informal as managers, they dont treat people equally, and dont tell the workers what going on..

a happy work force is a productive one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i really i'm considering looking for another job, just becuase of a few people i work with and the manager, :NoNo:

what really:Brick::furious3: is when the manager ask me to do something, while i'm already busy and not asking the skiving :censored: to do it.. who are sat on the net, ive started moaning at him, telling him i'm busy.. :cwm24:

andypaul
8th July 2007, 11:55
The workplace is a bizzare one at the moment, and i think the brown stuff will hit the fan as the recession hits. Belts are already being tightened at all levels from house hold to board room. Those who don't produce will have to be got rid of as simple as that or the company will go to the wall.

I have noticed people in all walks of life that their pay increase is not good enough, but when you speak a little bit more you realise that they have expected an increase for simply turning up at work.

If you employed an ex sargent major acting as if he was in an army boot camp to all he wouldn't last a week with some people complainigng their rights are being violated.

In my current company i started in early 98 our boss would shout at us and make us work hard, we didn't like it. But we realised he was trying to help us and that had been the way previous managers in the industry would have worked he has now gone after stupid claims were made agaisnt him and he was slowly pushed out.
Now the managers are like those joe describes trying to be your friend and equal asking if you care to work.

I was recently asked to teach six guys who were in the postion i was in 98 at first i did the softly softly approach but found two were not intrested. The other four complained (two of the four were poles) that they were not learning enough. So I started with the four telling them what to do and giving them grief if they not producing the goods.
The other two who knew their rights i just left to rot, well those two are still on bottom grade the others who wanted to be pushed and push themselves are doing very well thank you.

With out company going though with a massive merger only the fittest will survie i doubt the two who knew their rights will still be there.

joebloggs
8th July 2007, 12:10
yes, who knows when the 'good times' will end, when the housing market crashes, those who says it will not have got short memories of the crash in the 1990s, and with people borrowing 4 or 5 times their salary, and with higher interest rates. it will not take a lot for these people to struggle and for homes to be repossessed, debt is at a all time high, stores like 'kwik save' going bump, ive been made redunant nearly twice in the last year :yikes:, the gov is going to have to start paying benefits to the eastern europeans , if they are already not entitled to benefits they will be soon. the pole who i work with, he took a day off work last week, i was told to sort his tax creds and child benefit out :D

andypaul
8th July 2007, 12:14
What gets me is, is that the two worst offenders have no transport to get work elsewhere, and we are the only form of employment for them in a 15 mile direction each way, they have their houses to pay for and yet they still take the P.

Annoying thing is a lot of people in that situation seem to devote so much effort to avoiding work and knowing there rights:Brick:

If the engery and brain power some people used to avoid work they could
be geniuses!!

andypaul
8th July 2007, 12:28
yes, who knows when the 'good times' will end, when the housing market crashes, those who says it will not have got short memories of the crash in the 1990s, and with people borrowing 4 or 5 times their salary, and with higher interest rates. it will not take a lot for these people to struggle and for homes to be repossessed, debt is at a all time high, stores like 'kwik save' going bump, ive been made redunant nearly twice in the last year :yikes:, the gov is going to have to start paying benefits to the eastern europeans , if they are already not entitled to benefits they will be soon. the pole who i work with, he took a day off work last week, i was told to sort his tax creds and child benefit out :D

Its already started and in london i think only the omplyics and all the infrastructure buliding will stop it really hitting hard.

Noticed in many companies i deal with many fixed term contracts are not being renewed and the people i deal with complain they are taking on to many roles.

The poles are just like anyone else some hard working, others are not but are not stupid enough not to claim the benefits they will now be entitled too as they reach two years working here if they can't find a job or need help.
As many work in minimum wage jobs they will im sure be entitled to tax credits and i remeber reading a worker from abroad or the uk at present only starts adding to the goverment coffers when on a wage over 27k or so if they are claiming all the tax credits and using public services, which of course the present wave of overseas workers are not.
This will make a big dent to the goverments spending me thinks.

gWaPito
10th July 2007, 02:23
Hi, thats what we are doing in 5 years time and Gemma doesnt arrive till 19th July!!!! We are not wishing the time away, just enjoying the rest of our lives together.

Aira
10th July 2007, 04:44
It is almost impossible for UK employers to hire Filipino workers. The Work Permit thingy is ridiculous. It is frustrating for Filipinos like me who's been wanting to work in the UK.

rheanne05
10th July 2007, 06:05
HI everyone, I have a job offer in the UK, How do I travel to UK to accept the offer? THanks

joebloggs
10th July 2007, 10:58
i think unless you qualify for HSMP, you dont need a job offer, but if you need a work permit, then your employer will have to apply for one..

russ01539
20th July 2007, 21:00
Well chaps thanks for the advice to my original question. I thought long and hard about my workforce, before I 'took action'. Well I took action and so far couldn't be happier. It was harsh but its' working well now.

So here's what I did ;

I sacked the 2 worst (and youngest) members of staff, and put a lot of pressure on the other 2 'weak' links, who cracked a week later and walked out (Wednesday). Yes yes, you could call it 'constructive dismissal'. I call it survival of the fittest. I have retained my two best staff, and I have replaced the others with guys (I would have considered ladies, but none applied) who are all over 50 yrs old. They turn up to work either exactly on time, or more usually have the place ready to go half an hour before start time, they stop behind in the evening and make sure everything is tidied and clean before we lock up, and they are remarkably easy to train to do the job. They are all showing good levels of iniative, intelligence and willingness to work.

I find that their age slows down their production capacity, but they still do the jobs faster because they are more efficient and organised than the younger lads. The best bit is the younger lads are following their attitude and working methods and seem to be really enjoying it more now, and they say the job now seems 'easier' even though their production capacity is up a good 20%.

From a 34 yr old company owner - I hereby hail and give fresh respect to anyone reading this who is over 50.

joebloggs
21st July 2007, 10:04
:xxgrinning--00xx3: russ, i just wish my manager at work did the same, as i've said i work with :blacklistlazy: out of the 4 of us, 2 do virtually nothnig, mostly on ebay for hours a day, no iam not joking, and its only me and another guy who get the work done, the lazy 2, are doing less and less, as they push the limits further and further as to what they can get away with, me and the other guy were talking, saying should we start to do less to, maybe then the boss will do something about it, but were not like that, and so we carry on, and wonder how much more we can take..

it is a diease, and it can spread so easy, one thing is thou, when your busy working the day passes alot quicker :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st July 2007, 12:44
Change the router so it only allows your sites :)