PDA

View Full Version : Well done Asda 2p off diesel & petrol

Dedworth
9th May 2012, 22:25
We’re cutting another 2p off the price of petrol and diesel – leading the way in reducing the cost of fuel for the third time in three weeks.

From tomorrow you’ll pay no more than 134.7p for a litre of unleaded and 139.7p per litre of diesel at any of our 196 Asda filling stations.

http://your.asda.com/news-and-blogs/we-re-cutting-another-2p-off-the-price-of-petrol-and-diesel?campid%3Dawin_HotUKDeals_47868_id=2786

I got striped for £1.45 diesel at Sainsburys today.

What impresses me about Asda's fuel pricing policy is that they charge the same throughout the UK - not the sly local price game all the other scumbags play

stevewool
9th May 2012, 22:30
we pay 136p here in derby, Shell petrol station

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:43
£149.9 here for unleaded and going up in August, by 3p I was told this morning...

stevewool
9th May 2012, 22:47
one of our workers have a electric bike, goes very quick and she charges it at work so even cheaper to run, how long will it be before we have to give up our cars:rolleyes:

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:47
one of our workers have a electric bike, goes very quick and she charges it at work so even cheaper to run, how long will it be before we have to give up our cars:rolleyes:

Electric cars, surely....

stevewool
9th May 2012, 22:49
who can afford one of those, car i mean, and yes i ment bike too

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:51
who can afford one of those, car i mean, and yes i ment bike too

They will come down in price....:xxgrinning--00xx3: And refuelling stations will become more available....

Wait till we plug into the Icelandic electricity supply....we will all be bombing around in electrically powered vehicles of some description....

Same will happen in Phils....

stevewool
9th May 2012, 22:53
just dont see it, best bet i say is to get a toyota aygo, something like that cheap road tax and 60 mpg, or a electric tandam:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:55
just dont see it, best bet i say is to get a toyota aygo, something like that cheap road tax and 60 mpg, or a electric tandam:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Or a battery car that my ex wifes mom used to ride....:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
9th May 2012, 22:55
how long will it be before we have to give up our cars :rolleyes:

:anerikke: ... we don't own a car - which is probably the main reason we're getting by on my Occupational & State Pensions, I suppose.

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:56
You will be driving an electric powered golf buggy around the chocolate hills, a few years from now....:D

lastlid
9th May 2012, 22:57
:anerikke: ... we don't own a car - which is probably the main reason we're getting by on my Occupational & State Pensions, I suppose.

Well, I was a lot happier when I was cycling to work. A lot healthier for me. But my office isn't so close anymore.....

lastlid
9th May 2012, 23:15
This was in March.

"Fuel prices WILL go up by 3.02p from August to 145p a litre
Petrol to rise to 145p a litre from August
Diesel will rise to 150p a litre
Fair fuel stabiliser will mean that above inflation rises in fuel duty will only return if price of oil falls below £45 a barrel
Vehicle excise duty to rise by inflation, but frozen for road hauliers
[AA warns of a summer of discontent as drivers are forced off the road
RAC says the tax rise is unfair and government should look at who it will impact the most "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2118129/BUDGET-2012-Fuel-prices-WILL-3-02p-August-145p-litre.html#ixzz1uPgh0X93

Arthur Little
9th May 2012, 23:29
Well, I was a lot happier when I was cycling to work. A lot healthier for me. But my office isn't so close anymore.....

Yeah, I always used to cycle - or walk - to and from work (about 21/2 miles each way) ... and was a lot fitter for it too!! But nowadays - with gradually worsening hearing problems - it isn't really an option anymore. :bigcry:

There again, being an OAP, it doesn't really affect me much, since I'm fortunate enough to have a bus pass. ;)

lastlid
9th May 2012, 23:47
There again, being an OAP, it doesn't really affect me much, since I'm fortunate enough to have a bus pass. ;)

Me too, soon....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
10th May 2012, 01:01
I shop every week at Asda as we have 2 within reasonable distance of us. Unfortunately neither has a petrol garage :NoNo: