PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I need some advice

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 07:43
I’m very desperate for help and advice. I will be 59 in December and I hope to visit my girl friend in the Philippines in November 2007, which will be the third time. We have known each other for 2 years, communicating on the internet several times a week. We love each other very much.

I’m satisfied that we have the requirements for her to settle in the UK accept I‘m worried that I‘m unemployed. Her English is very good, she wants to get employment in the UK mainly to help with the bills etc. I own my flat and I have £43,000 in savings. I don’t get any financial benefits at all. I live off my savings and the interest from them. My health is not so great which is why I’m unemployed.

I realise that I need to pay at least £500 for a settlement visa.
So my question is:- being unemployed do I have a glimmer of hope that she would be allowed to settle in the UK so that we can eventually marry?

I’m very concerned that may be I need to have employment as an essential requisite before things can get off the ground. I don’t want to waste money and peoples time if being unemployed is a none starter.
I appreciate any help very much.

Kind regards:)
David

pennybarry
6th July 2007, 08:08
Same problem with my brod in law. But he is willing to settle in the Philippines and he is receiving disability benefit.

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 08:44
Penny!

Thanks so much for your reply. Did your brother in-law fail on the requirements necessary for a settlement visa?

David

scotsfiancee
6th July 2007, 08:49
That's alot of money, think it is enough for them to show that you can support her.

gingxrick
6th July 2007, 08:49
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, were about in the uk do you live. ricky and ging

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 09:05
Hi ricky and ging,

I live in Ipswich. About 70 miles from London. Do you live in the UK?

David

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 09:07
ricky and ging, I've just noticed you live in lovely Scotland.

David

KeithD
6th July 2007, 09:14
You only need £2-3000 in the bank usually, and rented house, so you have more than enough.

If she wants to work here, you need to marry in the Phil, and get a spouse visa.

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 09:15
That's alot of money, think it is enough for them to show that you can support her.

Scot! thanks for the encouragement.
I'm sure we could manage ok financial.

David

KeithD
6th July 2007, 09:18
For £43,000 I'd marry you!! :cwm24: :icon_lol:

gingxrick
6th July 2007, 09:18
what part of the Philippines does your g/f live David, Ging comes from Cagayan De Oro, her mum lives in Gingoog City, yes bonny Scotland Dave little place called Dalgety Bay in Fife, I was like you Dave, I wasnt employed by anyone I was self employed at the time I applied for gings spouse visa, we married in the Phils, but I had money in the bank and a place to live, if you marry your g/f in the Phils and apply for a spouse visa she will be able to work as soon as she comes to the UK, so maybe you could do it that way Dave. regards ricky

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 09:19
Win2Win wrote. You only need £2-3000 in the bank usually, and rented house, so you have more than enough.

If she wants to work here, you need to marry in the Phil, and get a spouse visa.

Win2Win, your help is very much appreciated. Thanks you so much.

David

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 09:29
what part of the Philippines does your g/f live David, Ging comes from Cagayan De Oro, her mum lives in Gingoog City, yes bonny Scotland Dave little place called Dalgety Bay in Fife, I was like you Dave, I wasnt employed by anyone I was self employed at the time I applied for gings spouse visa, we married in the Phils, but I had money in the bank and a place to live, if you marry your g/f in the Phils and apply for a spouse visa she will be able to work as soon as she comes to the UK, so maybe you could do it that way Dave. regards ricky

She lives about 30 miles from Manila in a place called Cavite. Thanks for your suggestion about marrying in the Phils. I might just do that.:)

Kind regards
David

vbkelly
6th July 2007, 09:54
Penny!

Thanks so much for your reply. Did your brother in-law fail on the requirements necessary for a settlement visa?

Davidyes david boss keith is right marry her in the philippines and apply a spouse visa its easy to get that visa and she can work straight away here in the uk,thanks and gooluck!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
6th July 2007, 10:47
follow what they advise David.They`re experts:) my hubby is unemployed as well coz he applied for early retirement but he showed them documents that he could support me here.even if i`ll not work.as long as you have proof that you can support your wife everything will be alright.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 10:52
yes david boss keith is right marry her in the philippines and apply a spouse visa its easy to get that visa and she can work straight away here in the uk,thanks and gooluck!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

vbkelly!

Thanks so much, I'll follow that advice.

Nice to be part of this great forum. Thanks for the warm welcome and help from you dear friends:)

David

IainBusby
6th July 2007, 11:13
Hi Dave,

You don't say how long you have been unemployed, but if it's not been too long; I mean long enough for them to assume that your never going to work again, I'd say, that with the level of savings you've got and the fact that you own your own flat, there's a very good chance that you will get a visa.
Iain.

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 11:21
follow what they advise David.They`re experts:) my hubby is unemployed as well coz he applied for early retirement but he showed them documents that he could support me here.even if i`ll not work.as long as you have proof that you can support your wife everything will be alright.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy! Thanks so much.:) I will indeed follow there advice.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
many thanks for the encouragement.

David

walesrob
6th July 2007, 12:19
David, I concur with others, you will have no problems.

KeithD
6th July 2007, 12:27

Especially if you mention you are a black disabled muslim :Cuckoo:

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 12:38
Hi Dave,

You don't say how long you have been unemployed, but if it's not been too long; I mean long enough for them to assume that your never going to work again, I'd say, that with the level of savings you've got and the fact that you own your own flat, there's a very good chance that you will get a visa.
Iain.

Hi Iain!

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I've been unemployed since 1993, which is along time. I've been trying ever since to make money from oil painting. I advise anyone not to do that. Thank you for your encouragement. I've been worrying for weeks about my chances of getting a visa. Thanks again Iain.

David

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 12:42

Thanks walerob!

I'm glad i joined this helpful forum.:)

David

andypaul
6th July 2007, 18:51
Like all the others i think you should be ok with a well presented application.
Basically the ECO wants to see your wife to be and you are not going to ponce off the state. The fact you don't claim at present even with out a job looks like good evidence for that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DavidArt
6th July 2007, 20:36
Like all the others i think you should be ok with a well presented application.
Basically the ECO wants to see your wife to be and you are not going to ponce off the state. The fact you don't claim at present even with out a job looks like good evidence for that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul!

Thanks for the encouraging words.
May be I can sleep better tonight:D

David

gWaPito
7th July 2007, 02:33
Hi Ricky, Gemma, my future wife from Davao applied for a fiance visa this March and got it end of April taking nearly 7 weeks. Ive also been told Gem can work straight after our marriage if she wishes, her future employer will be able to obtain the national insurance number. We've checked this out with UKVACS and it seems what we have been told by a friend of ours from Goa is right. Good Luck Ricky

DavidArt
7th July 2007, 07:20
Hi Ricky, Gemma, my future wife from Davao applied for a fiance visa this March and got it end of April taking nearly 7 weeks. Ive also been told Gem can work straight after our marriage if she wishes, her future employer will be able to obtain the national insurance number. We've checked this out with UKVACS and it seems what we have been told by a friend of ours from Goa is right. Good Luck Ricky

Hello markieFHM!,

Thanks for replying. 7 weeks, thats not long to wait. Things are looking really positive right now. I'm David by the way:)

Kind regards
David

andypaul
7th July 2007, 08:35

Regarding the ni number it depends on your employer if they can apply for Gemmas NI number places like the NHS i think can apply and other companies with a special agremment (i read this up about two years ago so forgive me if i sem a bit vague). But for most people joining a company they will need to apply themselves by ringing up for an appoiment.

Just putting a note there as your situation maybe differnt, but as not to confuse others in the same situation.

gWaPito
10th July 2007, 01:38
Hi David, why I called you Ricky, Ive no idea??

gWaPito
10th July 2007, 01:46
Thanks 'andypaul' for the reply. Gemma doesnt really know what she wants to do yet, workwise anyway. Gemma says she will grow bored at home with me working as well. It's something Gem will look at later I guess, it's entirely her choice.

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 01:57
i seem to remember that andypaul is the man when it comes to info about NIand other laws of work in the UK! I remember he helped me with something a while back . . .anyway

i went away for a little while and i have come back to a lot of new people lol!

WELCOME all you i have not met yet!

good to see you here
!

tom

joebloggs
10th July 2007, 10:45
we were all starting to wonder if you had :gost:, or worse aliens had taken you and were doing experiments on you :action-smiley-081: ............. :omg:

good to see ya back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 10:47
thanks Joe - it's good to know i was missed :D:D:D

KeithD
10th July 2007, 11:11
thanks Joe - it's good to know i was missed :D:D:D

He never went that far :icon_lol:

bigtombowski
10th July 2007, 11:13
He never went that far :icon_lol:

I like to create my own world of meaning

pennybarry
11th July 2007, 06:28
My brod-in-law is not yet married and still looking for the right woman for him. He met one from Mindanao but we are quite worry about her place. She was always asking if IT IS TRUE THAT BRITISH ARE DOMINEERING AND SELFISH which made him turned off:NoNo:
We have passed by at IPSwich going to Sugar Bits factory when I joined w/ my husband in his Lorry:xxgrinning--00xx3: