PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard/used this company http://travel-unravel.co.uk/FQS/Default.aspx

irishman12
8th May 2012, 18:13
I came across this company when looking flights to manila for a friend -made enquiry on live chat and the fare was lower that airline website as supposedly they had some cancellation ,so my friend went ahead and booked but seems they made a mistake in the passenger name and were asking 350 cancellation fee but when my friend contacted the airline -they only ask 30 for name change .

Arthur Little
8th May 2012, 18:22
http://travel-unravel.co.uk/FQS/Default.aspx

Nope ... :icon_sorry:

Link SEEMS genuine enough, though :rolleyes: ... cos I've just this minute tried it.

irishman12
8th May 2012, 18:24
yes thats it but are they legit -they dont seem to be able to sort out this problem they created.

Arthur Little
8th May 2012, 18:38
yes thats it but are they legit -they dont seem to be able to sort out this problem they created.

Can't vouch for the firm's legitimacy :NoNo: ... but there IS a telephone number; it's 0845 528 0617 - lines open from 08.00 through to 22.00 daily, and 08.00 to 20.00 at weekends.

Good luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
8th May 2012, 18:46
well we has already dealt with them and not very happy with their customer service -why they would try to charge 350 cancellation when the airline can change the name for 30-seems like trying to rip him off

Dedworth
8th May 2012, 18:58
Could be cowboys - most reputable operations are ABTA bonded - this outfit profess to be Travel Trust Association members which is a fancy sounding organisation I could have set up from my spare room.

Best avoided

irishman12
8th May 2012, 21:10
thanks but a bit late now but hopefully can be sorted for only the 30pound by airline-will update soon

Ako Si Jamie
8th May 2012, 21:30
The Travel Trust Association is a travel trade association, its members consist of travel agents, tour operators and travel organisers.

Formed in 1993 the Travel Trust Association has over 350 members. The Travel Trust Association protect customers by offering 100 percent financial protection.

By booking with a member of the Travel Trust Association it means that customers can book their holiday in the knowledge that Travel Trust Association will protect them in the unlikely event one of its members become insolvent.

The Travel Trust Association is a founder member of Prevention of Fraud in Travel and plays a key role in fraud prevention within the travel and leisure industry. Prevention of Fraud in Travel would like to thank the Travel Trust Association for its continued support.

http://www.profit.uk.com/profit/tta.asp

irishman12
8th May 2012, 22:48
Thanks -have already visited that website but i guess just being a member doesnt stop them from trying to pull a fast one as when my friend called today -the guy he booked with was off for next 3 days but when i chat them online -seems he would be back tomorrow or if not could speak with his manager and other agent dont have access to others bookings -so cant do anything about

Arthur Little
9th May 2012, 01:00
Best avoided

:anerikke: ... bit late for that now (as I'd been going to say earlier - but got called away for my tea at the time!) ;)

Leen
9th May 2012, 01:17
my hubby used Crystal travel in all his trips here in PI just wondering if anyone used kayak or travel center when booking a ticket?i find their ticket way cheaper than crystal

Arthur Little
9th May 2012, 01:29
Well, when I first clicked on their 'Travel Unravel' link, I was greeted by a loud, shrill "bleeping" sound ... followed by an introductory SMS-type response from a bloke called Nigel.

Ring any bells??? [scuse pun]

:omg: ... Nigel! Wonder if it was "our" Nigel! :biggrin: That would explain things ........ :yeahthat:

Apologies, mate ... just my 'little' :joke: at the expense of a bloke who was once a regular here - and used to bombard fellow members with some weird & wonderful theories on ... just about everything.

:anerikke: ... so much for the link. :doh