PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Greek neo-Nazis

joebloggs
7th May 2012, 15:18
Ultra-right party Golden Dawn wants to force immigrants into work camps and plant landmines along Turkish border

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140686/Greek-elections-2012-Neo-Nazi-party-Golden-Dawn-want-force-immigrants-work-camps.html#ixzz1uC32D4h0

is the rise of the far right a result of being in the EU? , i've noticed a few BNP posters where I live :NoNo:

bigmarco
7th May 2012, 17:51
When people feel they are being treated like 2nd class citizens in their own country then they look elsewhere to voice their protest. Same could happen here when in one breath you impose austerity measures against hard working people and in another breath talk about Migrants who have never done a days work being able to claim a pension. You can only :censored: on people for so long before they start looking at extreme political alternatives. The far right always seem to poll fairly well in France aswell and they have their fair share of immigration problems aswell.

Arthur Little
7th May 2012, 18:26
:cwm24: ... ethnic cleansing?

joebloggs
7th May 2012, 19:04
:cwm24: ... ethnic cleansing?

Euro cleansing :Erm:

andy222
7th May 2012, 20:21
When people feel they are being treated like 2nd class citizens in their own country then they look elsewhere to voice their protest. Same could happen here when in one breath you impose austerity measures against hard working people and in another breath talk about Migrants who have never done a days work being able to claim a pension. You can only :censored: on people for so long before they start looking at extreme political alternatives. The far right always seem to poll fairly well in France aswell and they have their fair share of immigration problems aswell.

Totally agree mate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
But isnt this how hitler started out?

Iani
9th May 2012, 09:53
I can't get over the fact there are neo-nazi's in Greece. It gets even more surreal when you read about this party, and learn they have books on aryan supremacy on display.

First of all - have they or any Greeks taken a look in the mirror? They are far from ayran.

Secondly, and it's not well known outside Greece, maybe it isn't taught in school history inside Greece, I don't know, but perhaps these members would be advised to ask their parents and grandparents just what the real nazi's did to Greece. By any other definition it was genocide through deliberate starvation. The country was stripped of supplies as Greeks were thought of in the same way as eastern europeans - somehow sub human.

Unfortunately, it's always through desperate situations that the extremists get popularity. Maybe don't blame people for voting for these - but blame those in government who collapsed their economy