PDA

View Full Version : Border control delays: diary of an immigration officer

joebloggs
6th May 2012, 21:03
An immigration officer from Heathrow airport records an eventful week in the arrivals hall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9248129/Border-control-delays-diary-of-an-immigration-officer.html

lastlid
6th May 2012, 21:04
Is this the way the UKBA is run in Manila? :icon_lol:

joebloggs
6th May 2012, 21:11
at Manchester last week, i was a bit :yikes:, they were all wearing uniforms they looked like cops or prison guards unlike the others times i went thru immigration, mind you the last time was 7yrs ago..

bigmarco
6th May 2012, 22:50
Typical though Damian Green makes a visit to Terminal 3 and all positions are filled to make it look like there are no staff shortages.

KeithD
6th May 2012, 22:58
Well the public can help as well.... when you leave the country..... stay out :D

Rosie1958
6th May 2012, 23:04
at Manchester last week, i was a bit :yikes:, they were all wearing uniforms they looked like cops or prison guards unlike the others times i went thru immigration, mind you the last time was 7yrs ago..

I literally sailed through immigration at Gatwick last week in record time but I was on the back of a special assistance buggy. :xxgrinning--00xx3: The UKBA staff there were all smartly dressed in their uniforms, friendly and professional, despite it being nearly midnight.

RickyR
7th May 2012, 09:36
It's good that someone has spoken out from inside the UKBA and given some honest answers. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the olympics.

However, anyone who has experienced US Border Control will know what our queues are nothing in comparison.

lastlid
7th May 2012, 09:51
It's good that someone has spoken out from inside the UKBA and given some honest answers. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the olympics.

However, anyone who has experienced US Border Control will know what our queues are nothing in comparison.

I have been into Houston several times. Normally there have been big queues and I would say about 45 minutes or so.......