PDA

View Full Version : teenagers traveling alone

stevewool
6th May 2012, 12:37
is there a age that you cannot travel alone and if so what is it, Emmas neice is 15 and we would love her to come here on a holiday, i think its to far to travel alone, but is it, what do you think, the flight would be all done on the same day, leaving the phils am and getting here that evening using the same airline too

lastlid
6th May 2012, 13:09
My son can't travel on the Liverpool / Isle of Man ferry on his own till he is 14.....but I think kids can fly younger...my bosses kids have been flying to and from school each term on their own under the age of 14, so I gather. I think the airlines have a say in it.

grahamw48
6th May 2012, 13:57
Steve, you'll have great difficulty with the Philippine authorities regarding young ladies travelling alone.
Almost impossible for unaccompanied Filipina minor. :NoNo:

Been there done that.

My ex-wife had to fly back specially from the UK to accompany my (at the time 13 year-old) step-daughter home to the UK even though she (s/daughter) had already lived in the UK for 4 years and had ILR. :rolleyes: Still Filipino Citizen though.

All to do with anti people-trafficking laws in Phils.

On the other hand my British passport-holder son was permitted to travel 'unaccompanied' from Phils to UK at the age of 9 years, no questions asked.

Oh, and that was back in 2003. I believe the situation is even worse now, so don't get your hopes up or start wasting money.

stevewool
6th May 2012, 16:25
looks like the cheap idea of a holiday for them has been cancelled then:doh:doh:doh:doh

grahamw48
6th May 2012, 17:25
Well, best check with Phils DFA site for latest information first though, before throwing the towel in.

Things MAY have changed, but be cautious. :)

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/main/

Arthur Little
6th May 2012, 20:12
I think kids can fly younger...

... IF they're fully-fledged. :D

lastlid
6th May 2012, 20:22
... IF they're fully-fledged. :D

You are thinking of Peter Pan? :D

lastlid
6th May 2012, 20:23
http://www.independenttraveler.com/travel-tips/air-travel/children-flying-solo

http://www.ifly.com/children-flying-alone

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/travel-tips/unaccompanied-children/

joebloggs
6th May 2012, 20:23

pizza :rolleyes:
no cliff Richard :rolleyes:

lastlid
6th May 2012, 20:26
http://boards.independenttraveler.com/showthread.php?11608-Children-Flying-Alone

Post 4 looks interesting

brinormeg
6th May 2012, 20:50
Just a thought, isnt there anybody that you know and trust personally from the forum that can accompany her back here...if the dates coincide. Not usre how this would work though!

stevewool
6th May 2012, 21:05
thought of that, but will wait and see how the year evolves, before we say no

lastlid
6th May 2012, 21:07
I believe there is such a thing as an "air nanny" or "sky nanny" system....

Arthur Little
6th May 2012, 21:10

:yeahthat: ... creation of fellow Scot, :Kilt: J M Barrie.

Arthur Little
6th May 2012, 21:18
Yes ... you're correct. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th May 2012, 21:23
:yeahthat: ... creation of fellow Scot, :Kilt: J M Barrie.

Okay. I didn't know that. Evidently from Kirriemuir....

grahamw48
6th May 2012, 21:31
Just to help:

There is NO problem children with British passports flying alone (obviously with their own passport). Not sure of the minimum age but it's pretty young, and as I mentioned above, my boy was 9 years old.

You simply inform the airline in advance and your child will be met at the airport by a member of staff and supervised throughout the journey.
My son was put into 1st class !

A child below 18 years of age who is a Filipino citizen flying OUT of the Philippines MUST be accompanied by a parent or approved guardian...especially females.

Different countries have different laws of course, but that is what happens in the Phils.

Arthur Little
6th May 2012, 21:31
Evidently from Kirriemuir ....

... :yeahthat:'s his birthplace! :)

lastlid
6th May 2012, 21:35
... :yeahthat:'s his birthplace! :)

I have driven past it a million times on the A90....

stevewool
6th May 2012, 21:39
Just to help:

There is NO problem children with British passports flying alone (obviously with their own passport). Not sure of the minimum age but it's pretty young, and as I mentioned above, my boy was 9 years old.

You simply inform the airline in advance and your child will be met at the airport by a member of staff and supervised throughout the journey.
My son was put into 1st class !

A child below 18 years of age who is a Filipino citizen flying OUT of the Philippines MUST be accompanied by a parent or approved guardian...especially females.

Different countries have different laws of course, but that is what happens in the Phils.

i understand what you are saying graham, maybe look for cheaper flights so there mum or grandad can come too

grahamw48
6th May 2012, 21:42
That could work. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th May 2012, 21:45
I have driven past it a million times on the A90....

... it is located approximately 5 miles off the A90 Dundee-Aberdeen dual carriageway, so you would've been fairly close, yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3: