PDA

View Full Version : 8 Hours In Bahrain

songz777
4th May 2012, 14:56
So I have to wait 7.55 mins in Bahrain, for my connection to Manila, does any know the currency there? Any tips on how to fill that long wait?

Many thanks

John

grahamw48
4th May 2012, 16:18
- Could always step outside and watch the riots. :Erm:

Do as I do, take some grub with you off the plane, and a bottle of water....unless you're happy to pay about £5 for one in the transit lounge. Robbing :censored:s :angry:

They had free internet at Abu Dhabi airport.

songz777
4th May 2012, 16:23
Thanks Graham :) I think i will stay safe inside :) Are you saying buy some food on the plane and take it off?
Oh can I use uk currency ormust i get some of their currency?

Take care mate.

Thansk for all your help.

John

grahamw48
4th May 2012, 16:35
Me, BUY food ? :icon_lol:

No mate, just take some extra grub in a lunch box from home...stuff that won't go off, plus whatever you can save from the plane.
Ask the stewardess for a bottle of mineral water too.

That way you probably won't need to change money in the transit place AND pay ridiculous prices for anything you buy there.

Sorry...just instinctive defence of the wallet for me. :D

irishman12
4th May 2012, 16:52
Hi john ,currency in bahrain is Dinar but just like in most airports they should accept dollar or pound -just the exchange rate wont be so good ,hope to chat you about cdo sometime

Dedworth
4th May 2012, 16:54
Transited there in the late 90's and had a couple of pints of Double Diamond :D

grahamw48
4th May 2012, 16:56
Did the barman wear alcohol-proof gloves ? :D

Dedworth
4th May 2012, 17:00
Did the barman wear alcohol-proof gloves ? :D

:icon_lol: Can't remember but there were a couple of arab squaddies dressed in Dads Army style and vintage uniforms carrying .303's

andy222
4th May 2012, 17:07
So I have to wait 7.55 mins in Bahrain, for my connection to Manila, does any know the currency there? Any tips on how to fill that long wait?

Many thanks

John

Thats a long connection time John. Is that the only flight you could get?

grahamw48
4th May 2012, 18:04
:icon_lol: Can't remember but there were a couple of arab squaddies dressed in Dads Army style and vintage uniforms carrying .303's

I have a problem taking certain nationalities seriously since....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq7DGvfnr3U&feature=related

songz777
4th May 2012, 21:23
Thats a long connection time John. Is that the only flight you could get?

Hi Andy, my other flight was cancelled which had a quick flight in but this is longer but quick flight back. I had to stick with carrier because it was too much of a pain to change airlines and I couldnt find anything better at the time. :)

lastlid
4th May 2012, 21:25
Good chance to buy some duty free. I bought the wife some Kisses chocolates while I was in Abhu Dhabi.. etc

songz777
4th May 2012, 21:25
Hi john ,currency in bahrain is Dinar but just like in most airports they should accept dollar or pound -just the exchange rate wont be so good ,hope to chat you about cdo sometime

Thanks mate for that :) think i may follow grahams tip and take lots of extra food in my karrimore mini ruck sack :) sure talk about CDO when you want just add me to friends :)

lastlid
4th May 2012, 21:26
"It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thats what my ex girlfriend said her father used to say about his alcohol addiction.....:icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
5th May 2012, 08:43
we had a 7hr stop over in Singapore :NoNo: never again, not with 2 kids and the misses :cwm24:
best bet is probably find some arm chair and try and have a nap if there are any there, loads in Singapore :D, but make sure you don t miss your flight :doh:icon_lol:

should be ATM's there were you can get a bit of money to buy food and drink. just hope your bank dont block your card :angry:

andy222
7th May 2012, 08:46
You will be ok John but it is a long wait. I remember last time. I flew with emirates 12 hours wait in manila. This time I have taken another option 2 connections but with little waiting time.

Arthur Little
7th May 2012, 10:13
1 minute in the UK ... and it would be, "Bah, rain"! :raining:

irishman12
7th May 2012, 11:59
were flying with emirates in a few weeks time- arriving after midnight and flight to manila is approx 9am -luckily they have given us free hotel /transport /food -so maybe we will get some sleep .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th May 2012, 13:00
You'll be lucky. :icon_lol: