PDA

View Full Version : Another music question

stevie c
1st May 2012, 20:58
Hi folks
What is your'e all time favourite album?

Mine has to be Babylon By Bus by the late great Robert Nesta Marley (Bob Marley)

The tracks really tell a story with brilliant guitar & other instruments played.

lastlid
1st May 2012, 21:00
So hard to choose......so many.....

Terpe
1st May 2012, 21:07
So hard to choose......so many.....

Same here.
Really depends on my mood.

imagine
1st May 2012, 21:51
i have 1 or 2 ,, tommy, double album by london philamonic orchestra,

pink floyed, dark side of the moon

meat loaf, bat out of hell,

jim steinman, bad for good

lastlid
1st May 2012, 21:54
i have 1 or 2 ,, tommy, ......

That deaf dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

One of my favourites.

imagine
1st May 2012, 21:58
how do you think he does it :Erm:

grahamw48
1st May 2012, 23:31
Hi folks

Mine has to be Babylon By Bus by the late great Robert Nesta Marley (Bob Marley)

The tracks really tell a story with brilliant guitar & other instruments played.

You've great taste Steve.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I bought that one when it came out ...1978 I think. :Erm:
Still love all those tracks. :) 'Punky Reggae Party' yeah ! :REDancedancer08:

grahamw48
1st May 2012, 23:35
High Tide and Green Grass...Stones.

Rubber Soul...Beatles

Electric Ladyland...Hendrix.

Dark Side of the Moon....Floyd.

Abraxis...Santana.

Ziggy Stardust...Bowie

+ soooo many more. :)

imagine
1st May 2012, 23:47
High Tide and Green Grass...Stones.

Rubber Soul...Beatles

Electric Ladyland...Hendrix.

Dark Side of the Moon....Floyd.

Abraxis...Santana.

Ziggy Stardust...Bowie

+ soooo many more. :)

spiders from mars :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
2nd May 2012, 07:47
how do you think he does it :Erm:

Supple wrists, of course. And crazy flipper fingers...:icon_lol:

grahamw48
2nd May 2012, 09:30
Damn I so much wanted to be one of those guys who could impress the girls with those lightening flipper fingers at the coffee bar after school.

After that it was the Scooter-boys and Bikers stealing their hearts...and then the rich guys with the flashy cars. :bigcry:

What did I have to offer ?

I bred exhibition mice. :NoNo:

Terpe
2nd May 2012, 12:10
Hi folks

That's a great choice Steve.

I'm a big fan of Bob Marley.
I was lucky enough to be able to go to the "Babylon by Bus" concert tour in Japan.
That was 1979 :olddude:

I remember it so well, they played in a really small theatre in Shinjuku, probable only a couple thousand people at most, but what a great atmosphere.
The Japanese were so polite (as usual) and just really excited to be there. Reggae music was just getting popular at that time and I remember they played "No Woman, No Cry" twice.
Once for Bob Marley to sing and another for the audience to sing. Great memories.

stevie c
2nd May 2012, 14:24
That's a great choice Steve.

I'm a big fan of Bob Marley.
I was lucky enough to be able to go to the "Babylon by Bus" concert tour in Japan.
That was 1979 :olddude:

I remember it so well, they played in a really small theatre in Shinjuku, probable only a couple thousand people at most, but what a great atmosphere.
The Japanese were so polite (as usual) and just really excited to be there. Reggae music was just getting popular at that time and I remember they played "No Woman, No Cry" twice.
Once for Bob Marley to sing and another for the audience to sing. Great memories.

Wow peter im so envious of you...One of my biggest disapointments was not getting to see Bob Marley concert live. He really is a legend in my eyes.

That must of been a trully amazing experiance for you to actually be there in person to see the babylon by bus concert Im jealous :D

stevie c
2nd May 2012, 14:27
You've great taste Steve.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I bought that one when it came out ...1978 I think. :Erm:
Still love all those tracks. :) 'Punky Reggae Party' yeah ! :REDancedancer08:

Thanks Graham I actually have all the albums that Bob recorded ie Exodus,Confrontation, Survival & so on...All are excellent albums that you never ever get tired of listening to. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd May 2012, 14:51
Wow peter im so envious of you...One of my biggest disapointments was not getting to see Bob Marley concert live. He really is a legend in my eyes.

That must of been a trully amazing experiance for you to actually be there in person to see the babylon by bus concert Im jealous :D

I've a confession to make:

Around 1974/5 (when I was well into Reggae...had been since the 60s) a band were due to appear at York University at the usual entry fee of around a quid. I was a regular at these gigs.

Anyway, they were called 'The Wailers'.

I hadn't heard of them, so didn't bother going because there was a party or something on that night too. :cwm3:

Never did get to see Bob since...or Peter Tosh, who I also like. :bigcry:

stevie c
2nd May 2012, 14:56
:yikes::NoNo: What a mistake Graham if you only knew then what you knew now :doh

Terpe
2nd May 2012, 18:40

I going to make you more envious now Steve, I saw him the next day also :)

It was really strange, he played Shinjuku two days running. Both venues were really very small. Our group of about 15 were offered free tickets for the next day so we took them.
It was basically a very similar set, but the whole atmosphere just a little different. I think a lot of people went to both concerts.
I may have some photo's I try and look them out.

Unforgetable. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd May 2012, 18:45
It's a funny thing, but the next best concert I enjoyed following Bob Marley was Tina Turner at Birmingham NEC. I can't remember the year though.
I didn't really want to go but only agreed to make up the numbers. As I said it was just truly memorable.

Funny old world.

stevie c
2nd May 2012, 18:48
I going to make you more envious now Steve, I saw him the next day also :)

It was really strange, he played Shinjuku two days running. Both venues were really very small. Our group of about 15 were offered free tickets for the next day so we took them.
It was basically a very similar set, but the whole atmosphere just a little different. I think a lot of people went to both concerts.
I may have some photo's I try and look them out.

Unforgetable. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow my mouth is watering at the thought of just being there :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::D

stevie c
2nd May 2012, 18:50
It's a funny thing, but the next best concert I enjoyed following Bob Marley was Tina Turner at Birmingham NEC. I can't remember the year though.
I didn't really want to go but only agreed to make up the numbers. As I said it was just truly memorable.

Funny old world.

It surely is peter ....from Bob Marley to Tina Turner who would of thought of it :)